Ipsy January 2016 spoiler

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bag came today. My skone smudger brush has the golden metal part all dented in. It doesn't really change the performance of the brush but still  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I've only used it and the lip scrub so far. I really like the lip scrub though. It left my lips super soft and smells good. I normally mix my own scrubs up but this is nice for when I'm lazy or in a rush. I got the purple liner! I was really good with either but seeing as I got the lavender PIxi eye shadow the purple is better because i can use them together.    

I have a bone to pick with Ipsy.

They sent me the Tre'SiQue lip crayon in November. Then they send it to me again in January (all be it different colors) and they consider it a "different" item because it's a different color, but yet I can't review it for points this month?

That seems kinda unfair. I've been a loyal ipsy subscriber since December 2012 and they can't let me have 15 points when they chose to send me essentially the same item nearly back to back?

Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 11.07.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 11.05.47 AM.png

I'd email them and hope they give you a reasonable answer. The last time I cancelled/resubscribed and redeemed some items for points, they didn't give me the items, they kept my points, and when I brought it to their attention, they took more points. And also made up some item that I supposedly redeemed points for (nope, that was their mistake) and proceeded to take MORE points for that item. Beware of Cody. I ended up cancelling that account for good and later got an email from another customer rep that said, oops sorry we took away all those points so we added some back. But when you cancel, you can't see your points balance so I'll probably never know if they made it right. 

So, slightly off topic question.. I rejoined ipsy this month and on the 14th, they decided to bill me the full amount ($10.75) versus the normal $1 to check if the card works. Now, in their FAQ, it states that "some months, we're able to send bags mid-month" or whatever. Does this mean I'm getting a bag? My glam bag peek isn't up and that seems to be a new thing, them charging mid-month and sending that months bag.

I'd email them and hope they give you a reasonable answer. The last time I cancelled/resubscribed and redeemed some items for points, they didn't give me the items, they kept my points, and when I brought it to their attention, they took more points. And also made up some item that I supposedly redeemed points for (nope, that was their mistake) and proceeded to take MORE points for that item. Beware of Cody. I ended up cancelling that account for good and later got an email from another customer rep that said, oops sorry we took away all those points so we added some back. But when you cancel, you can't see your points balance so I'll probably never know if they made it right. 
I emailed them and they said I should be able to review the lip crayon in the "coming weeks"

I still feel like if they hold on to this "it's a different item" they should fix the ability to review the items before shipping bags. Since the item is already reviewed, it really gives me the feeling that they are the "same" item even recognized by their system since I can't review it again.

I don't feel it's fair to make me wait weeks to review my items. I mean, can't they just credit me the 15 points or whatever and move along to fixing their glitches in the future...so as not to give us the impression their trying to pull one over on us?

So, slightly off topic question.. I rejoined ipsy this month and on the 14th, they decided to bill me the full amount ($10.75) versus the normal $1 to check if the card works. Now, in their FAQ, it states that "some months, we're able to send bags mid-month" or whatever. Does this mean I'm getting a bag? My glam bag peek isn't up and that seems to be a new thing, them charging mid-month and sending that months bag.
That's new to me, I always thought Ipsy was pay then they ship the following month. I didn't know they started shipping bags mid month.

That's new to me, I always thought Ipsy was pay then they ship the following month. I didn't know they started shipping bags mid month.
I never had this happen to me either. They usually charge me around the 1st of the month.

Edited to say: I'm pretty sure I was billed the day I re-joined Ipsy though, so if I joined on the 16th of December, they would bill me that day, ship the January bag when available and then re-bill me on Feb. 1st for the Feb. bag, for example. 

Maybe you've been lucky and they can ship the January bag even though you registered late this month?

Last edited by a moderator:
I never had this happen to me either. They usually charge me around the 1st of the month.

Edited to say: I'm pretty sure I was billed the day I re-joined Ipsy though, so if I joined on the 16th of December, they would bill me that day, ship the January bag when available and then re-bill me on Feb. 1st for the Feb. bag, for example. 

Maybe you've been lucky and they can ship the January bag even though you registered late this month?
That's how I understood it to work as well.

I think I rejoined on the first or second of January so maybe that's why? But they didn't bill me until the 14th. I know when I first joined last year, they made you wait until the following month.

I emailed them and they said I should be able to review the lip crayon in the "coming weeks"

I still feel like if they hold on to this "it's a different item" they should fix the ability to review the items before shipping bags. Since the item is already reviewed, it really gives me the feeling that they are the "same" item even recognized by their system since I can't review it again.

I don't feel it's fair to make me wait weeks to review my items. I mean, can't they just credit me the 15 points or whatever and move along to fixing their glitches in the future...so as not to give us the impression their trying to pull one over on us?
Totally not fair, I know they can dispense points but they're probably after reviews at this point. With BB, when they have the same item but its a different color/scent/whatever, they let you review it again. Geez I hope they make it right for you, I know there's a few other girls on this fb group I'm in who are having the same issue with receiving the same item but different color and not being able to review it.

Follow-up: I apparently am getting a glam bag for January. I'm getting the Pixi Duo (I've received before in another shade and I'm hoping these shades wear better), theBalm Pencil, PEEK powder, Lasting Smiles balm, and Hey Honey eye contour lifting fluid. Kinda eh, but cool since I wasn't expecting to get one this month!

After much back and forth with Ipsy about the "review glitch" on the lip crayon, I finally got them to award me points and send me a product. You have to be firm, but not snotty with them, I think it's ridiculous to tell someone to wait weeks while they fix their own problems. Birchbox would just give you points and move along. I'm a little irritated with Ipsy, but it's resolved to my satisfaction.

Oh I saw spoilers for February bags on FB, so I started a thread: https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/138781-ipsy-february-2016-spoiler/

I just resubbed since they still had the "no wait list" promo going on. I hope the bag I get will be better this time than last time I subbed. I'm interested to see what happens and if I get the January bag still or Feb. They charged $11 because of tax looks like. I don't remember the tax being charged before but maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just resubbed since they still had the "no wait list" promo going on. I hope the bag I get will be better this time than last time I subbed. I'm interested to see what happens and if I get the January bag still or Feb. They charged $11 because of tax looks like. I don't remember the tax being charged before but maybe I'm wrong.
I know for California there should be a $.75 tax that started about a year ago. 

uh oh what happened to your "no buy"?  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

After much back and forth with Ipsy about the "review glitch" on the lip crayon, I finally got them to award me points and send me a product. You have to be firm, but not snotty with them, I think it's ridiculous to tell someone to wait weeks while they fix their own problems. Birchbox would just give you points and move along. I'm a little irritated with Ipsy, but it's resolved to my satisfaction.

Oh I saw spoilers for February bags on FB, so I started a thread: https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/138781-ipsy-february-2016-spoiler/
Yay! I hope they send you something good!

Back