Ipsy January 2016 spoiler

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's too bad there isn't a way to set the quiz to exclude items you don't use. I was told to check off only a few things to basically force them to send me certain product types. 
If only that worked. Under skin type, the only thing I specified was that I have oily skin yet 2 out of my 3 bags had moisturiser even though there were mattifying/primer creams available during those months.  :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what I'm receiving: Mr Balm eyeliner-hoping for the purplish color, Peek brow powder-love the tin! And I receive very few brow products in my subs, so I'm excited about this, Lasting Smile peppermint lip balm-much better than the red lipsticks I usually receive, Hey Honey Eye Fluid-will be put to use, City Color eyeshadow trio- love eyeshadow, but not excited about more bronze tones....overall, a really good bag for me!

My whole bag is focused on eyes this month , I was kind of disappointed in the idea of fake lashes because I love mascara , I'm giving ipsy one more month so hopefully February's bag is a hit !

I'm not really excited about mine either - but I guess it could be worse. Is it worth the $21 I paid? We'll see.

- TheBalm Mr Write Now

- Pixi By Petra Eyeshadow Duo

- Skone Cosmetics Smudger Brush

- Burts Bees Cleansing Oil

- Hanalei Sugar Lip Scrub

ETA: I also resubbed this month, so I think I'm supposed to be getting the EM mascara.
Why did you pay $21?

Is there any way to change what youre going to get in your glam bag for the month? Because I am disappointed in what Im getting. Ugh. This is my 4th month of Ipsy and this has to be the worst bag they could have ever put together for anybody. I did the test again but the products didnt change :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  What garbage Im getting for all of that cool stuff theyve been showing!! Though I am interested in the eyeshadow and the cleansing cloths.... also the bag is super cute so that makes up for it I suppose

Oh well, this will be the first month of ipsy that Im sorta disappointed so far. 1 out of 4 aint bad I guess. So nobody got the urban decay stuff they showed?

3a050db1a5.png
I was told by one of the customer reps that IpsyMe actually takes a few months to kick in, thats why I've always refrained from making changes to my profile, and if I have to, I do it as soon as the current months' glamroom updates. That way I figure that Ipsy has a whole month to match me for products.

Think this may be my best glam bag yet. I'm Getting:

Hanalei Sugar lip scrub- very happy to get this. Perfect during the cold chapped lip winter.

Pixi e/s duo in lavender bloom- so glad I'm getting a pressed e/s and not a pigment

The Balm Mr. Write e/l - so far all The Balm products I've tried I've liked so pretty happy to get this

Skone Cosmetics smudge brush- yes! Yes! Yes! I love getting brushes is my bag :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Burt's Bees Cleansing oil - I've been into cleansing oils lately and have wanted to try this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think this may be my best glam bag yet. I'm Getting:

Hanalei Sugar lip scrub- very happy to get this. Perfect during the cold chapped lip winter.

Pixi e/s duo in lavender bloom- so glad I'm getting a pressed e/s and not a pigment

The Balm Mr. Write e/l - so far all The Balm products I've tried I've liked so pretty happy to get this

Skone Cosmetics smudge brush- yes! Yes! Yes! I love getting brushes is my bag :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Burt's Bees Cleansing oil - I've been into cleansing oils lately and have wanted to try this one.
 Gonna get the same except the pixi; I'll be getting the city colors trio. 

Not exceptionally exciting but glad they are all products I will be able to use ^.^.

Just an aside, has anyone gotten the UD lipstick or know of anyone who's gonna get it? 

I'd say the UD was to rope in new/past subscribers....these damn bait and switch companies....

I'm getting:

-The Balm Mr. Write (Now) Eyeliner. I hope I get the Burgundy one because that's one of my favorite makeup colors. Either way a good item!

-Marsk Mineral Eyeshadow. Again I hope I get the more burgundyish purple color. The brown one is meh.

-Dirty Little Secret Satin Lipstick in Vengeance. Yay! I never get lipstick from Ipsy and this is a pretty burgundy color. Total win!

-Ashley Tucker Advanced Peptide Eye Complex. I can always use more eye creams, so cool.

-Promise Organics Ultra Moisturizing Argan Creme Facial Lotion. I think this sounds cool and the packaging looks pretty. I get super dry skin in the winter, so I'll use this. 

I really wanted the Skyn wipes or the Burt's Bees Cleansing Oil, but overall my bag is a win and I'm excited for it! The first bag I've loved in months.

Gonna get the same except the pixi; I'll be getting the city colors trio. 

Not exceptionally exciting but glad they are all products I will be able to use ^.^.

Just an aside, has anyone gotten the UD lipstick or know of anyone who's gonna get it? 
I was wondering about the UD as well....I haven't seen anyone with that in their bag yet. That's really crappy to put that and then it not be in the bags.

I'm getting-

TheBalm eyeliner, either color seems like it would be good for my brown eyes

Peek brow stain, YAY! So excited to try this :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Jcat Blinkle eyeshadow

Lasting Smile peppermint lip balm, I like getting lip balm and this one sounds nice.

Trestique lip crayon, I just gave away the Chili Red one I got from Ipsy, hopefully the shade is better for me this time.

I think the bag design is super cute this month.

I recived my ipsy glam bag today !! I saw most of the spoilers so I was hoping it would be better then the disappointing spoilers , I always love the metallic pink packaging so pretty and girly ! But so far I'm not loving the cheap make up bags I give them to my 10 year old daughter this months was very tacky. Any ways the whole bag was focused on eyes and the color scheme all went together which was nice I used every product except the fake lashes I plan to give those away I would rate this bag a 3 out 5 image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Back