Ipsy July 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It also bugs me that it seems random who gets the highly desirable items. I thought they were reserving them for new subscribers but many new people said they got smashbox. When I have asked on this and other forums who got melted or glamglow the answers are to the effect of "My fourteen year old daughter got it.". Huh?
Exactly! It makes no sense! I hate getting my hopes up and then not getting any of the really good products.

Whats always been frustrating about ipsy for me, and why I wont be renewing my annual subscription after August, is that they send you things you don't have checked off on your profile.  Like the primer- that primer breaks me out SO badly.  I specifically don't have primers checked because other than the smashbox primer water, I've yet to find a traditional primer that doesn't break me out.  Yet there in my bag was primer.

And more infuriatingly, I am obsessed with nail polish and rarely get it in my bag. 

I rarely get nail polish too- twice in the year and four months I've had Ipsy. I got an ugly mangorita color last summer and this spring I got a Barbie pink. I rated the shade of both low because they were ugly and wonder if that's why I don't get polish. At least polish is cheap at the drugstore so if I miss out on something (like the periwinkle this past March) I can buy it myself for a couple dollars.

Whats always been frustrating about ipsy for me, and why I wont be renewing my annual subscription after August, is that they send you things you don't have checked off on your profile. Like the primer- that primer breaks me out SO badly. I specifically don't have primers checked because other than the smashbox primer water, I've yet to find a traditional primer that doesn't break me out. Yet there in my bag was primer.

And more infuriatingly, I am obsessed with nail polish and rarely get it in my bag.
It makes me frustrated too, and part of the reason I quit a few months ago. My profile states I'm pale and have dry skin. What do they send me? Medium shade concealer, pores no more mattifying lotion, and a dark purple lipstick. I was so angry.

It makes me frustrated too, and part of the reason I quit a few months ago. My profile states I'm pale and have dry skin. What do they send me? Medium shade concealer, pores no more mattifying lotion, and a dark purple lipstick. I was so angry.
Do you mean boo boo coverup? I also received medium and I am vampire pale but for some reason this works for me. I liked it so much I ordered another tube. Although it's a concealer I use it as foundation. I cannot imagine what their lightest shade looks like- Commander Data from Star Trek? 

Do you mean boo boo coverup? I also received medium and I am vampire pale but for some reason this works for me. I liked it so much I ordered another tube. Although it's a concealer I use it as foundation. I cannot imagine what their lightest shade looks like- Commander Data from Star Trek?
That's the one. I tried it and its just too dark and yellow for me. I'm as white as a sheet of paper lol. I saw a lot of people say it ended up working for them but it doesn't work for me. I heard such great things about it too!

I've been having a love hate relationship with Ipsy and birchbox. As in I love what everyone else is getting and hate what is in my bag. It will only get worse as the summer products tend to be self tanners, bronzers, sun screen and beach spray. 

I cancelled my subscription last month, and after seeing the spoilers for July, I don't regret it at all.  I've gotten a few things from ipsy that I've enjoyed, but it seems that it's either REALLY good, or REALLY bad.

I liked the bag last month, but that was the only thing I didn't pass onto someone else.
This is the one year-long sub I've really regretted. It really just hasn't had a lot of 'hits' for me. This month looks no different.

It's not a horrible bag, but it's not great either. 

wpid-screenshot_2015-06-30-17-17-59-1.jpg

I like the ikat! This year's bag designs are so much better. This time last summer I was getting horrible pink plastic ravioli.

I like the ikat! This year's bag designs are so much better. This time last summer I was getting horrible pink plastic ravioli.
I use the ravioli to carry tampons. But I also got the floral rebecca minkoff paradise design as my first bag and it set the bar a bit too high. I keep waiting for them to top that.

I use the ravioli to carry tampons. But I also got the floral rebecca minkoff paradise design as my first bag and it set the bar a bit too high. I keep waiting for them to top that.
Yeah, you started with the best bag by a long shot. They used to mostly be very cheap bags.

Don't quote me on this but I think we might all get one of the eyeshadow quads. Atleast that's what I'm hoping! If I don't get one of those quads I may just cancel.

Back