Ipsy July 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last month was my first month with Ipsy and not so great for me, so I'm hoping this one will be better!  I think the makeup brush would be nice, and I like the color of the tweezers.  

So, Be a Bombshell isn't so great?  I haven't tried any of their products yet.

Last month was my first month with Ipsy and not so great for me, so I'm hoping this one will be better!  I think the makeup brush would be nice, and I like the color of the tweezers.  

So, Be a Bombshell isn't so great?  I haven't tried any of their products yet.
They're relatively unreliable. A few of the products we received from them were fine (an eyeshadow quad went out a while ago that seemed to be quite well-received), but some were not great (a product called the One Stick, which was theoretically good for lips/cheeks/eyes/highlighter but was chalky and stiff and hard to work with), and one in particular (a mascara) was very problematic for a lot of people. Some of the ones that went out had a very strong chemical smell and irritated the eyes of those who used it. I was lucky enough not to receive an iffy one, but I was in the minority.

Ugh, so not excited about Be A Bombshell.  Everything I've gotten from them (other than the eyeshadow base) has been pretty terrible.  

I wish early access would load!

Glam rooms are up. 

I'm getting

Octavio Molina Hair Salt Spray

Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish (UGH not Essie but at least a polish)

BaB lip balm (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

Tarte Bronzer (thank goodness for this)

Vasanti Brighten Up! (already got this in birchbox)

Glam rooms are up. 

I'm getting

Box twins! I'm excited about the Tarte, but the rest is meh....and the Bab lip balm ....well I knew I'd get one of their products so oh well. 

My bag isn't too bad. At least I'm not getting BaB.

I am getting:

-Jersey Shore Cosmetics coconut/vanilla lipbalm (I have a lipbalm obsession so I'm happy)

-EyeTini eyeliner in blue hawaiian (will use)

-Jo'Rel Parker Classico perfume (I don't usually wear perfume, but might use depending on the smell. I'll give it away if it doesn't work for me)

-BellaPierre lipstick (I don't wear lipstick, I will trade this one unless the color fits me)

-Tarte bronzer YESSSS!!! Very happy about this, I love bronzers, and Tarte  :wub:

Jelly Ping Pong

Crown Brush Tweezers- the only thing I really wanted

Purlisse serum- have their facewash, never tried this product

Jorelle Parker perfume

Teeze lipstick

not a bad bag

This is mine. I would have loved the tweezers, but no such luck.
I might use the nail polish, but that's about it. I really wish I hadn't gotten a full year of this sub, I would so much rather have had a year of a second Birchbox, or put the $ toward a longer run with Glossybox. I've tried clearing my quiz (got worse, not better) and I just think that this is not a good sub for me at this point in my life. Maybe 15-17 year old me would have liked the different range of cheap products to play with, but grown-up me knows what she likes and is completely underwhelmed.

ipsyjuly.png

I might use the nail polish, but that's about it. I really wish I hadn't gotten a full year of this sub, I would so much rather have had a year of a second Birchbox, or put the $ toward a longer run with Glossybox. I've tried clearing my quiz (got worse, not better) and I just think that this is not a good sub for me at this point in my life. Maybe 15-17 year old me would have liked the different range of cheap products to play with, but grown-up me knows what she likes and is completely underwhelmed.

ipsyjuly.png
 Birchbox has been rather boring lately, unless you want lots of supergoop and coola products.  However watching a sneal peek from Birchbox with Lorelei versus Ipsy's Insane Clown Posse makes it clear one is for grownups and the other is for tweens.  

ipsyjuly.png
Thought it was the worst bag BUT all the selections were pretty meh this month!

Getting:

Crown Brush Tweezers (will use)

Vasanti Brighten Up! (Have a couple from BB)

Jorelle Parker perfume (May use depending on scent)

Teeze lipstick (not my color)

OFRA eyeshadow (May use)

I will not be renewing my yearly sub in November - hopefully I can cash in my points for something good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wanted to give ipsy a second chance. My bag from last month was just okay. July is worse. I think I will be canceling again.

Jelly pong pong 2 in 1 shadow crayon (looks like another black liner) - another to add to the pile.

Jersey shore cosmetics lip conditioner - meh, another lip balm

Crown brush tweezers

City color HD powder

Cool way beachy salt spray

Edit: spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm getting:

Eau Thermale Averie Soapless Cleanser (I will use)

Teeez Lip Stick (not sure about red lipstick)

City Color HD powder (will use)

Eva NYC Dry Shampoo (they don't work for my fine thin hair)  

Jor-el Parker Classico perfume (now I was fine with that until I saw it was Harvey Prince related).   :wassatt:

I'm not really disappointed in my bag, but I haven't experience BaB yet either? 

Essie Polish (been wanting to try this brand, I'm too cheap to splurge on polish over $4)

City Cosmetics HD Powder (I've been using NYC powder almost my whole life. Time for a change!)

Octavio Molina Hair Salt Spray (Okay. Never used a salt spray. Always up to try new things)

Be A Bombshell Balm (It'll most likely get used. I have other iffy lip stuff that I still use because I love lippies)

Vasanti Cleanser (Got this last month in my Birchbox. It's nice, I love exfoliaters so it will be used unless someone wants to trade, which I've never done?)

Overall, I'll use everything. And I think the bag is cute. 

I'm getting

Nicka K eyeshadow quad - trade pile

Essie nail polish - yay! So excited for this!

BaB lip balm - figured I would get this, we'll see if it's usable

Coolway Sea Salt Spray - my husband loves these sprays for his curly hair, it'll get used

Vasanti exfoliater - I love exfoliaters, excited to try!

This is a pretty good bag for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Glam rooms are up. 

I'm getting

I got this bag too. I finally finished off the Pixi bronzer I got from Ipsy last year, so I'm quite pleased with the Tarte. I don't really wear a lot of bronzer, so one deluxe sample a year seems to work well for me XD

Pretty ambivalent about everything else this month. I still don't understand salt sprays, I think my hair is just too short and too straight to benefit from them at all. I'm one of the lucky ones who's never had a bad BaB experience so I'm sort of naively optimistic about the balm. I have 600+ bottles of nail polish and usually give myself LED gel manis at this point, so the polish is not terribly exciting but will probably get used.

Eh. I think at this point I'm just plodding along until I can use my points. I don't hate my bags, but they're just not as exciting as they used to be and with the Canadian dollar in the toilet they're not really worth the investment anymore.

Bag 1:

Octavia Molina Hair La Playa Salt Spray (Probably gonna trade this)

Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish (Finally nail polish!)

Be a Bombshell Lip Balm (I'll give it a try)

tarte bronzer (yay!)

Vasanti brighten up (I keep getting this from boxes)

Bag 2:

Mongongo Vanilla Coconut Cream lip conditioner (sounds good I'll try it)

Nicka K New York HQ eyeshadow quad (I have lot's of eyeshadows I don't use might trade this)

Crown tweezers (yay!)

Jor'el parker classico (trade)

tarte bronzer (not sure I need two but yay!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back