Ipsy July 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried their BaB lip balm? Judging by Instagram I'm getting the Ruby shade and I was wondering if it's any good.
Quoting again because I'm not sure how to update? 

Anyways, the BaB balm is flavorless, scentless, and not pigmented at all (at least the pink one). If feels nice, but I'm not wowed. 

Quoting again because I'm not sure how to update?

Anyways, the BaB balm is flavorless, scentless, and not pigmented at all (at least the pink one). If feels nice, but I'm not wowed.
Thank you for your review! I wonder if the Ruby shade doesn't have pigment either :/

I got the Ruby BaB lip balm in my bag today and it has the slightest red tint to it, its not too pigmented which is okay by me. I also got the Nicka K eyeshadow quad in Plumas (the quad with the green shade), tarte bronzer, BaB balm and the Jor'el Parker Classico rollerball. Also got the Vasanti, which I've tried before from BB. I'm happy with my bag but I can't wait til my second one comes, it has the Teeez lipstick :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I actually received the Mongongo lip balm in a previous bag and it is my FAVORITE chap-stick, you may love it.
Thanks it is probably great but I have a makeup bag dedicated to lip balms to try from these boxes. I just already have favorites and a ton already in line. Lol I want to try fun things I would never think to buy.

Thanks it is probably great but I have a makeup bag dedicated to lip balms to try from these boxes. I just already have favorites and a ton already in line. Lol I want to try fun things I would never think to buy.
I have to agree about the Mongogongo. I LOVE that stuff. I actually bought more of it.

I actually thought the bag was quite a bit cuter in person, so that is a plus, much more teal/turquoise than I expected. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Plus the nail color was an interesting shade, so there were at least two things I liked from it.

I have to agree about the Mongogongo. I LOVE that stuff. I actually bought more of it.
Where can I purchase that lip balm? My sister received it in a previous bag and traded it with me and unfortunately my dog found it and ate it. I would love to be able to buy it!

Bag came today!

The teeez lipstick is more of a coral to me. Pinky coral. Anyone else agree it isn't red?? I'm happy about that.

I will try the hd powder it is a nice travel size.

The dry shampoo is smaller than I expected I will try it out and if I like it save it for travel.

I like the eyeshadow quad, they swatched nicely and don't seem powdery! They almost feel creamy.

Since people seem so excited about the lip balm and its coconut I will keep it in my pool/beach bag!

It was a pretty good bag better in person.

I just got my Ipsy in the mail. This is my first (I've been a birchbox subscriber for 2 years). I was super excited about the tarte bronzer but it's totally damaged.

Bag came today!

The teeez lipstick is more of a coral to me. Pinky coral. Anyone else agree it isn't red?? I'm happy about that.

I will try the hd powder it is a nice travel size.

The dry shampoo is smaller than I expected I will try it out and if I like it save it for travel.

I like the eyeshadow quad, they swatched nicely and don't seem powdery! They almost feel creamy.

Since people seem so excited about the lip balm and its coconut I will keep it in my pool/beach bag!

It was a pretty good bag better in person.
I agree! Ipsy did change the description though. I'm happy about the change too.

I got my bag today and it's honestly probably the best bag I've ever gotten! Very happy this month!

image.jpg

I got my bag yesterday and half of the Octavia Molina Hair La Playa Sea Salt Spray had spilled out in the bag. It's funny because they really packaged the nail polish and the Vasanti cleanser very well so they wouldn't spill. Luckily the Tarte bronzer wasn't damaged as that is what I was most excited about. Overall a good bag, just hate that the one item spilled out. 

I have to say that I ended up loving that perfume!  It's not so floraly like the ones I've gotten from HP (this is supposedly part of HP).

I received the jo'rel whatever clasico perfume. I actually love it, it smells of jasmine and I adore it. The teez lipstick was a little bit of a bummer it's much more orange and not red at all like the description but I will wear it and I don't have a color much like it. The cool whatever salt spray smells bad, I used it and it works but it is legit just salt and water with no benefits to its use. So I will most likely keep the sprayer for making my own salt spray or for juicing lemons and spraying in my hair at the beach for natural highlights. The HD setting powder from city color is nice, It does set my make up nicely and it makes my face soft. The last product was the Eau thermale Avene gen soapless cleanser and it washed my make up off but that's all I used it for. I currently am doing an acne facial regimen since I'm having frequent stress breakouts, It says it's for oily, blemished skin so it may help. I didn't really like the bag itself, the design wasn't my favorite but I am sure someone I know may like it. So over all I think it was an okay bag because of how much I ended up loving the perfume but it still was the worst bag ipsy has sent me.

Nikkita- actually wondered what you got since you posted that your bag was terrible. For some reason the teeze just makes my lips look chapped. I've never had a lipstick do this before. I don't blame ipsy or the manufacturer. Sometimes stuff just looks odd on some people. Meanwhile the Jelly Pong Pong shadow is the perfect color for me. I've been wearing it every day. 

I got my bag yesterday and half of the Octavia Molina Hair La Playa Sea Salt Spray had spilled out in the bag. It's funny because they really packaged the nail polish and the Vasanti cleanser very well so they wouldn't spill. Luckily the Tarte bronzer wasn't damaged as that is what I was most excited about. Overall a good bag, just hate that the one item spilled out. 
Mine leaked, too! I emailed IpsyCare and they are sending me a new salt spray.

Nikkita- actually wondered what you got since you posted that your bag was terrible. For some reason the teeze just makes my lips look chapped. I've never had a lipstick do this before. I don't blame ipsy or the manufacturer. Sometimes stuff just looks odd on some people. Meanwhile the Jelly Pong Pong shadow is the perfect color for me. I've been wearing it every day.
Yeah I had the same issue with the teeze lipstick and I tried applying a gloss over it and it just made a mess! Maybe I need to exfoliate my lips and use a nice balm first.

Back