Ipsy July 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually leave my ipsy up to surprise but I couldn't resist checking (really wanted the Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronzer or Essie) and yup wish I hadn't looked.  This month is meh.

Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 Shadow Liner- Will give it a chance but I have a eyeliner I love (UD 24/7 glide on pencil).  At least it appears it will be a brown shade, which could be useful for me (no more black!!!).  

Crown Brush Tweezers- Eh.  Will use them just not very exciting.  At least they are a pretty pink color, 

Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish- Not the Essie I was hoping for but a lot of people seemed to like this nail polish last month.  Color seems bright and summery so OK.  

Jo'rel Parker Classico- So this is a Harvey Prince scent.  I know Femina=Hello (which I actually like), but I haven't been able to figure out which one Classico is.  It seems to be an actual rollerball though and not one of the teeny little vials so hopefully I like the scent. 

Vasanti Brighten Up Exfoliating Scrub- This i'm interested in.  Have always seen others get it in Birchbox (but I never have)  so I am happy to finally get to try it. 

Bag itself- design is cute but not a fan of the side-zips.  I've been much preferring the slightly larger bags the last few months. This one seems smaller so we shall see.

I usually leave my ipsy up to surprise but I couldn't resist checking (really wanted the Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronzer or Essie) and yup wish I hadn't looked.  This month is meh.

Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 Shadow Liner- Will give it a chance but I have a eyeliner I love (UD 24/7 glide on pencil).  At least it appears it will be a brown shade, which could be useful for me (no more black!!!).  

Crown Brush Tweezers- Eh.  Will use them just not very exciting.  At least they are a pretty pink color, 

Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish- Not the Essie I was hoping for but a lot of people seemed to like this nail polish last month.  Color seems bright and summery so OK.  

Jo'rel Parker Classico- So this is a Harvey Prince scent.  I know Femina=Hello (which I actually like), but I haven't been able to figure out which one Classico is.  It seems to be an actual rollerball though and not one of the teeny little vials so hopefully I like the scent. 

Vasanti Brighten Up Exfoliating Scrub- This i'm interested in.  Have always seen others get it in Birchbox (but I never have)  so I am happy to finally get to try it. 

Bag itself- design is cute but not a fan of the side-zips.  I've been much preferring the slightly larger bags the last few months. This one seems smaller so we shall see.
I'm pretty sure the perfume is the same as Harvey Prince Sincerely. They have the same notes.

I am more excited about my July bag than I have been in months:

dNkmKlt.png

So this is kind of an aside, but does anyone else hear/read Jor'el and think of Superman's father? It seems like a weird association for a perfume company to want to make. Like, I assume it wasn't intentional but didn't they do any brand name research?

Ah- I think the bag is cute!

Nude stix- I'll give it a try- tired of light brown eye shadows

Eau thermale avene-soap less cleanser??? Not even sure is it a makeup remover- I'll have to figure this one out.

City cosmetics hd powder ( probably won't use)

Octavia sea salt spray- I have lots of sea salt spray and still haven't figured out how to use it

Bab -hoping for the light pink but I'll probably end up with the red- I won't use the red!

Wish I got A nail polish- I have that on the survey and always rate them high when I get them! Oh well I love tarte but I'm glad I didn't get it this time since it's a bronzer and I have no use for a bronzer

image.jpg

image.jpg

Does anyone know when we can review for points? I'm afraid something really cool will appear but I won't have enough to get it. 

Does anyone know when we can review for points? I'm afraid something really cool will appear but I won't have enough to get it. 
I asked them last month and they replied saying we can start reviewing products on the 10th of the month now.  They changed it because they wanted people to try the products before reviewing them negatively. 

Jor'el Parker  Classico fragrance - Not a fragranc person, but I don't really mind
Eau Thermale Avène  Cleanance Gel Soapless Cleanser  - I'm psyched to try this. Teeez Cosmetics  Read My Lips Lipstick - Also psyched to try. City Color Cosmetics  HD Powder  - I just bought another brand of HD powder, but I'm still psyched for this.
Coolway  Beachy Salt Spray - I don't have a lot of use for this, maybe give it away.
All in all, I am fairly satisfied.

I looked early for the first time ever because I wanted the tarte bronzer so so bad but alas no such luck.

Mongongo lip balm- no... Just no

NickaK shadow quad- ok maybe

Teeez red lipstick- ok but I got a red stila in birchbox this month. It's cute though, I will try it.

Citycolor hd powder- eh

Eva Nyc dry shampoo- eh

I'm pretty sure birchbox won this month. Ipsy won last month though.

I looked early for the first time ever because I wanted the tarte bronzer so so bad but alas no such luck.

Mongongo lip balm- no... Just no

NickaK shadow quad- ok maybe

Teeez red lipstick- ok but I got a red stila in birchbox this month. It's cute though, I will try it.

Citycolor hd powder- eh

Eva Nyc dry shampoo- eh

I'm pretty sure birchbox won this month. Ipsy won last month though.
I actually received the Mongongo lip balm in a previous bag and it is my FAVORITE chap-stick, you may love it.

I was dying to get the Teez red lipstick, but no I got Be a Bombeshell lip balm in french kiss, trying to give it away immediately. I just don't like Be a Bombshell's packaging, it's so cheap and their products aren't really cheap. I got the Essie nail polish which is a pretty pastel, but something I'd never wear. Ipsy was just another disappointing month and my birchboxes are disappointing too, 2nd "hair care" box in a row. 

Has anyone tried their BaB lip balm? Judging by Instagram I'm getting the Ruby shade and I was wondering if it's any good.

Here's my bag:

Screen Shot 2015-07-13 at 3.40.44 PM.png

It should be in my mail box today, I just got my tracking email and it says it was delivered.  That hasn't happened since Ipsy was with USPS years ago, none of this DHL business.

I'm a little meh on some of my items, hoping to trade for some of the items I really wanted.

Back