Ipsy: NYX Single Eyeshadows in the September Glambag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by ButterflyGrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh no!  My Ulta has the NYX shadows in these weird little drawer things (Seriously, it took me a minute to figure out how they worked) that didn't have the colors marked, I had to guess from the swatches they had on the front of each drawer.  I think I found it on my 3rd try 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Yay for getting Flamingo!  Does Ulta offer "rain checks" (where they have an item on sale, but not in stock, so when they restock you can get it at the sale price?) Might be worth a try!

Hmmm that's a good question! I think I will go by there and ask! Thanks!

Those drawer things are really weird! It took me a few minutes to figure out how to swatch too! Very odd set up. The drawers at my Ulta were close to empty!

I visited an Ulta yesterday. The NYX shadows were in drawers, almost all gone and a complete mess. Some products cracked and getting all over. It's usually much neater than that. You can either try another location, Target for a color check or order online at NYX or Ulta.com. 

I'm sorry the pigmentation wasn't what you were expecting, but absolutely YES it will show up better over the Milk Pencil.  That thing is a miracle worker for getting shadows to show up on me! And I have light skin too.

I've been wanting to try the Milk pencil for a really long time now so I guess this is a sign I need to go buy it already.  Lol.  Do you still wear primer underneath the eye pencil?

Quote: Originally Posted by Goodie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm sorry the pigmentation wasn't what you were expecting, but absolutely YES it will show up better over the Milk Pencil.  That thing is a miracle worker for getting shadows to show up on me! And I have light skin too.

I've been wanting to try the Milk pencil for a really long time now so I guess this is a sign I need to go buy it already.  Lol.  Do you still wear primer underneath the eye pencil?

I don't, because to me it acts as a primer (my eyeshadow lasts all day over it).  I've heard some people still use primer, though... I guess just experiment and see what works for you! 
smilehappyyes.gif

I got mine today!!  Very pleased with the color and thank you, nyx, for the little surprise gift of a puff!

Got mine too in Aloha, I love the color and received the puff as well. I just love their black lace bags too. have an order coming from them any day as well A++++++++ Customer service. thanks NYX!!!!

I wrote to them this week, and even this late in the process, they were very kind and are sending me Mellow Yellow! Surprised that they didn't want my original Ipsy back, but it is very sweet of them.

I told my husband that NYX just bought my heart and loyalty with a $5 eyeshadow, and he told me that maybe I shouldn't be so proud of that. (He doesn't "get" makeup.)  But I don't mind at all! This kind of customer service seriously works. If it comes down to a choosing between similar products, NYX is totally going to win my vote.

NYX came through for me.  Sent me a Copper to replace my Cryptonite.  Copper is a lovely color for fall.  I was so happy with NYX I ran to Ulta during their NYX sale and spent an obscene amount of money!

Back