Ipsy: NYX Single Eyeshadows in the September Glambag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my replacement color today. It came super fast. I provided a list so whichever color was great. I got my first choice Asphalt, a lovely copper gold.

It came with the lace bag. No puff or sponge. That's fine. I can't wait to try it out! 
biggrin.gif

As soon as I posted saying I was waiting, mine arrived. I requested "Silk," which was listed as ES10 on the website; the color I got is "Champagne," but also says ES10 on it. The color is--no kidding--gorgeous!!! Thank you, NYX!!! I'm in love!!

Champagne looks like a beautiful color. I need to check it out next time I'm at Ulta!

Quote: Originally Posted by GoldLion1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My replacement came today but it was busted!
frown.gif

Sorry about that! Could you PM us so we can send out another replacement?

I am still waiting for mine... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It has been a week since they confirmed that they would send it out to me...normally, that would not bother me, but now I've read that people asked for it on a friday and got it today.

I am still waiting for mine... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It has been a week since they confirmed that they would send it out to me...normally, that would not bother me, but now I've read that people asked for it on a friday and got it today.
It took about 6 business days for mine to arrive. It's worth the wait!

Quote: Originally Posted by GoldLion1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It took about 6 business days for mine to arrive.

It's worth the wait!
thank you for that!!  So, hopefully, mine will be here tomorrow  or wednesday :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It took 10 days to get mine. Maybe it's almost to you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Does anyone else have a batch number on theirs that says this? I know we discussed the expiration date of makeup and I'm sure this one is fine, but I'm curious if the bath number indeed means what it appears to mean (a batch from 9/30/2011).

Does anyone else have a batch number on theirs that says this? I know we discussed the expiration date of makeup and I'm sure this one is fine, but I'm curious if the bath number indeed means what it appears to mean (a batch from 9/30/2011).
Good question! I looked at the one from my second bag, nutmeg, and it says 12202009.

Good question! I looked at the one from my second bag, nutmeg, and it says 12202009.

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually haven't gotten it yet!  It looks like a dark matte brown, so hopefully it won't be too close to the Matt Batali shade from The Balm we got last year.  I'd buy the True Taupe shade, but it shows as "sold out" on the website!
true taupe is on ulta and ulta is having a sale on nyx single eyeshadows - 2.99!!

I just bought a bunch of them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Went to Ulta today & bought their LAST True Taupe!  It... is... GORGEOUS!!!

I went yesterday to my Ulta and they had Taupe, but not True Taupe. They were pretty picked over since they were on sale. I did score a Flamingo for a friend though, which is one of my favorite NYX colors! I will have to go back when they restock.

Quote: Originally Posted by ButterflyGrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went yesterday to my Ulta and they had Taupe, but not True Taupe. They were pretty picked over since they were on sale. I did score a Flamingo for a friend though, which is one of my favorite NYX colors! I will have to go back when they restock.

Oh no!  My Ulta has the NYX shadows in these weird little drawer things (Seriously, it took me a minute to figure out how they worked) that didn't have the colors marked, I had to guess from the swatches they had on the front of each drawer.  I think I found it on my 3rd try 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Yay for getting Flamingo!  Does Ulta offer "rain checks" (where they have an item on sale, but not in stock, so when they restock you can get it at the sale price?) Might be worth a try!  

I'm a little sad seeing everyone trading their shadows directly with Nyx. They are only able to do it for US subscribers. Maybe I should contact the Canadian Nyx to see if they'd switch for me. I got Hollywood, which is a glittery white. I'd really love Rust. Anyone have a Rust they'd be willing to trade with me? Maybe someone would picked it up at the Ulta sale (which is a store we don't have in Canada)?

Oh no!  My Ulta has the NYX shadows in these weird little drawer things (Seriously, it took me a minute to figure out how they worked) that didn't have the colors marked, I had to guess from the swatches they had on the front of each drawer.  I think I found it on my 3rd try 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Yay for getting Flamingo!  Does Ulta offer "rain checks" (where they have an item on sale, but not in stock, so when they restock you can get it at the sale price?) Might be worth a try!

Hmmm that's a good question! I think I will go by there and ask! Thanks!

Those drawer things are really weird! It took me a few minutes to figure out how to swatch too! Very odd set up. The drawers at my Ulta were close to empty!

I got my package from NYX last night!  I was super excited to receive the lacy bag, makeup puff, and the eyeshadow.  I requested the eyeshadow in Flamingo which looked like a beautiful color from the swatches I looked at online.  Unfortunately in person it lacked the pigmentation I was hoping for.  I have light skin so I don't know if maybe it would show up better on different skin tones.  For me it was almost invisible.  So disappointed. 
icon_sad.gif
  Maybe if I get their eyeshadow pencil in Milk and use that as a base, it would show up better?  I was expecting a little more quality wise but overall I'm still very impressed with their customer service and will continue to try other products of theirs.

Quote: Originally Posted by Goodie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my package from NYX last night!  I was super excited to receive the lacy bag, makeup puff, and the eyeshadow.  I requested the eyeshadow in Flamingo which looked like a beautiful color from the swatches I looked at online.  Unfortunately in person it lacked the pigmentation I was hoping for.  I have light skin so I don't know if maybe it would show up better on different skin tones.  For me it was almost invisible.  So disappointed. 
icon_sad.gif
  Maybe if I get their eyeshadow pencil in Milk and use that as a base, it would show up better?  I was expecting a little more quality wise but overall I'm still very impressed with their customer service and will continue to try other products of theirs.

I'm sorry the pigmentation wasn't what you were expecting, but absolutely YES it will show up better over the Milk Pencil.  That thing is a miracle worker for getting shadows to show up on me! And I have light skin too.

Back