Ipsy: NYX Single Eyeshadows in the September Glambag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha, I sent a list of colors too because I wasn't sure & they just said they'll send the first two.  So I have Lagoon Sparkle & Flamingo headed my way.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I have Flamingo and I love it. It is one of my favorite NYX colors. I don't have a ton of them, but I wear flamingo more than some if my high end colors.

I got Utopia Gold in my Ipsy box, and I love it!  It looked kind of boring in the package, but once I put it on, it made my blue eyes POP!  It stays on all day long.  I'm happy to hear NYX has such good customer service too.  I'll have to look out for other shades at Target.

Received my replacement shadow pick today from Nyx - I ended up choosing Copper, which is an orangey-rusty coppery beautiful shade. I received the shadow AND a 2-count package of makeup sponges, like these: 

..and it was all packaged in a pretty black lace drawstring bag. Thanks, Nyx!  That was really very generous, and I'll be placing an order for more goodies soon! <3

Quote: Originally Posted by ewiggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Received my replacement shadow pick today from Nyx - I ended up choosing Copper, which is an orangey-rusty coppery beautiful shade. I received the shadow AND a 2-count package of makeup sponges
Wow! That's great!

Received my replacement shadow pick today from Nyx - I ended up choosing Copper, which is an orangey-rusty coppery beautiful shade. I received the shadow AND a 2-count package of makeup sponges, like these:

..and it was all packaged in a pretty black lace drawstring bag. Thanks, Nyx!  That was really very generous, and I'll be placing an order for more goodies soon! <3

that was soooo fast I'm excited to get mine now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow! That was fast! What a nice surprise gift! 
smilehappyyes.gif

That's so awesome!  (And quick! Yay!)  Hooray for NYX  
claps.gif

I just placed another order yesterday . I love the black label lipsticks. If you sign up for their email they send you a code for 25 percent off everything which for me was better than the ipsy code since I was buying lipsticks

Wow!

Quote: Originally Posted by lorizav /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just placed another order yesterday . I love the black label lipsticks. If you sign up for their email they send you a code for 25 percent off everything which for me was better than the ipsy code since I was buying lipsticks

Oh my goodness, I automatically thought the Ipsy 30% off was for all products by the company.......  Boy, would I have felt stupid when trying to place an order! Is this the case with all the discount codes that they only apply to the type of items that were in the bag, just for an example... if you were ordering from Starlooks, would the discount only apply to an eyeliner or could you purchase any of their other items with it? Thanks for your help!

Quote: Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by lorizav /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my goodness, I automatically thought the Ipsy 30% off was for all products by the company.......  Boy, would I have felt stupid when trying to place an order! Is this the case with all the discount codes that they only apply to the type of items that were in the bag, just for an example... if you were ordering from Starlooks, would the discount only apply to an eyeliner or could you purchase any of their other items with it? Thanks for your help!

Each company sets the terms & conditions for their discount code. The Starlooks code is for any product but you have to purchase $35 or more to use it. You can see the T&C for each code by clicking the product in your glam room. 
smile.gif

Nyx isn't doing themselves any favors by having their codes so restricted. If they were to offer a more universal code they would see an explosion in sales.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nyx isn't doing themselves any favors by having their codes so restricted. If they were to offer a more universal code they would see an explosion in sales.

Were the last Nyx codes restricted like that? I thought when we got the blush that it was a more general % off.. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly. 

Personally it's pretty rare that I'm going to want the exact specific item that they want you to use the code on, but I do want other Nyx items, so I'll wait until I have a general discount code. 

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif Nyx isn't doing themselves any favors by having their codes so restricted. If they were to offer a more universal code they would see an explosion in sales.

Were the last Nyx codes restricted like that? I thought when we got the blush that it was a more general % off.. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly. 

Personally it's pretty rare that I'm going to want the exact specific item that they want you to use the code on, but I do want other Nyx items, so I'll wait until I have a general discount code. 

In August, it was only on Tango with Bornzing Powder. They had 2 different codes in June, one was the 40% off Tango with Bronzing Powder and the other was 15% off the entire site but they restricted it to 2000 total uses among all Ipsy subscribers. People were pretty put off by that.

Quote: Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Each company sets the terms & conditions for their discount code. The Starlooks code is for any product but you have to purchase $35 or more to use it. You can see the T&C for each code by clicking the product in your glam room. 
smile.gif

Nyx isn't doing themselves any favors by having their codes so restricted. If they were to offer a more universal code they would see an explosion in sales.

Thank you so much for explaining that...... Although, this is my 3rd bag, I hadn't been able to purchase anything yet so I was ready to jump in blindly and had made a list consisting of different NYX items.......... oops : (      and yeah, if it was always limited to the first 2000, I'd never be able to order because I tend to always drag my feet when it comes to making up my mind what I want and usually it results in me hitting the submit order button when there's only 2 to 3 minutes left before the deal expires.

I got Velvet Suede ES53A. It's really pretty but it's not as pigmented as I hoped it would be. It is build-able though.

I vaguely recall the NYX promo for the loose pearl shadow (Dec 2012) as limited to that specific product. While I loved the gold I received I remember it being a pain to dig out or use the lid.

I've found many of the monthly promos to be meh since the discounts don't usually cover shipping unless you're at least placing a $50+ order. I end up trading or going to an Ulta/Sephora to mix and match a purchase. 

Quote: Originally Posted by TracyT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I vaguely recall the NYX promo for the loose pearl shadow (Dec 2012) as limited to that specific product. While I loved the gold I received I remember it being a pain to dig out or use the lid.

I've found many of the monthly promos to be meh since the discounts don't usually cover shipping unless you're at least placing a $50+ order. I end up trading or going to an Ulta/Sephora to mix and match a purchase. 

Always happy to hear feedback, but just a heads up, we've dropped our free shipping threshold to $25 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my replacement today in Walnut. It looks very pretty and I can't wait to try it out. It also came in the black lace bag with a makeup puff. Such a nice surprise! Thank you NYX!

Quote: Originally Posted by nyxcosmetics /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by TracyT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Always happy to hear feedback, but just a heads up, we've dropped our free shipping threshold to $25 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay! Now I have to weigh go to store (Ulta, Target) or buy online... I used the milk pencil today and layered with a different eye shadow before I headed to the DMV for my new picture. Should be a lovely photo for the next few years.

Latest posts

Back