Ipsy: NYX Single Eyeshadows in the September Glambag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by mommamowad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  honey dont get me started on Ultima ll i still have PALETTES of that ! im 49 and they will go to the grave with me ! my daughters love the eighties colors but i admit the fallout is terrible now because of the age. i have to mix it with primer first

OH, PLEASE TAKE A PHOTO AND POST IT! They had the best blockbusters at Xmas time. I was a fragrance model in the 80s and launched every designer known to mankind LOL. I also worked as a makeup artist for Ultima II, White Lightning for Clinique, was a Calvin Klein local rep for the regional, launched a Chanel counter at Macy's for the Chanel rep because they had not yet hired a counter mgr. The 1980s and early 1990s had me hoppin' from dept store to dept store. I did not have to be exclusive except for the years i worked for Clinique, so i was doing most of this concurrently. I was also a model for a local agency. I worked 50 hours a week and still went out to clubs and shows and restaurants. What a great time when my health was perfect. My fulltime job was as a flyer (window dresser/store display) for Petrie Stores-- all those fun Junior shops. That was a double on Monday, reg on Tues, double on Wed. On Thu, Fri & Sat I did makeup and fragrance. What a fun time for fashion, color, and jewelry the size of platters! Color coordinated shoes and handbags. Dressed from head to toe in designer clothes. I would shop for accessories for every different outfit or dress. Ah, good memories! 

wub.gif

OH, PLEASE TAKE A PHOTO AND POST IT! They had the best blockbusters at Xmas time. I was a fragrance model in the 80s and launched every designer known to mankind LOL. I also worked as a makeup artist for Ultima II, White Lightning for Clinique, was a Calvin Klein local rep for the regional, launched a Chanel counter at Macy's for the Chanel rep because they had not yet hired a counter mgr. The 1980s and early 1990s had me hoppin' from dept store to dept store. I did not have to be exclusive except for the years i worked for Clinique, so i was doing most of this concurrently. I was also a model for a local agency. I worked 50 hours a week and still went out to clubs and shows and restaurants. What a great time when my health was perfect. My fulltime job was as a flyer (window dresser/store display) for Petrie Stores-- all those fun Junior shops. That was a double on Monday, reg on Tues, double on Wed. On Thu, Fri & Sat I did makeup and fragrance. What a fun time for fashion, color, and jewelry the size of platters! Color coordinated shoes and handbags. Dressed from head to toe in designer clothes. I would shop for accessories for every different outfit or dress. Ah, good memories!  :love: [

Quote: Originally Posted by nyxcosmetics /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can swap it for any shade of eye shadow you like, even if it wasn't on the list of items we sent to Ipsy.

You guys are great! I have actually swapped FOR MORE Nyx shadows. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have Purple and Lanaiki and coming soon I will have Crystal White and another color-- I forget the name. I will also be using my discount to stock up on blushers. How often do you guys put out new colors? 

Quote: Originally Posted by mindcaviar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OH, PLEASE TAKE A PHOTO AND POST IT! They had the best blockbusters at Xmas time. I was a fragrance model in the 80s and launched every designer known to mankind LOL. I also worked as a makeup artist for Ultima II, White Lightning for Clinique, was a Calvin Klein local rep for the regional, launched a Chanel counter at Macy's for the Chanel rep because they had not yet hired a counter mgr. The 1980s and early 1990s had me hoppin' from dept store to dept store. I did not have to be exclusive except for the years i worked for Clinique, so i was doing most of this concurrently. I was also a model for a local agency. I worked 50 hours a week and still went out to clubs and shows and restaurants. What a great time when my health was perfect. My fulltime job was as a flyer (window dresser/store display) for Petrie Stores-- all those fun Junior shops. That was a double on Monday, reg on Tues, double on Wed. On Thu, Fri & Sat I did makeup and fragrance. What a fun time for fashion, color, and jewelry the size of platters! Color coordinated shoes and handbags. Dressed from head to toe in designer clothes. I would shop for accessories for every different outfit or dress. Ah, good memories! 

wub.gif

oops sorry my phone just took a dump had to switch to PC... what a life you had omg sounds so glamorous. i went to school for fashion merch. but got pregnant and married and the rest is history. i would LOVE to upload pics of my stash I'm kinda a hoarder so i have EVERYTHING from my glory days boxes of eighties jeans clothes makeup and JEWELRY every bit of jewelry. i keep saying I'm going to make a page and sell everything but my most treasured but i never get around to it. i have a box of guess jeans and jackets if there's anything you miss just ask i may have it lol. oh don't forget my vintage 8os Olga nightgowns yes still have them also. ill have to take some picks and upload them to a spoiler thread

honey dont get me started on Ultima ll i still have PALETTES of that ! im 49 and they will go to the grave with me ! my daughters love the eighties colors but i admit the fallout is terrible now because of the age. i have to mix it with primer first

wub.gif

Wow that's quite impressive! I bet you have some great stories to tell.

wub.gif

oops sorry my phone just took a dump had to switch to PC... what a life you had omg sounds so glamorous. i went to school for fashion merch. but got pregnant and married and the rest is history. i would LOVE to upload pics of my stash I'm kinda a hoarder so i have EVERYTHING from my glory days boxes of eighties jeans clothes makeup and JEWELRY every bit of jewelry. i keep saying I'm going to make a page and sell everything but my most treasured but i never get around to it. i have a box of guess jeans and jackets if there's anything you miss just ask i may have it lol. oh don't forget my vintage 8os Olga nightgowns yes still have them also. ill have to take some picks and upload them to a spoiler thread

I would love to see pics!

You guys are great! I have actually swapped FOR MORE Nyx shadows. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have Purple and Lanaiki and coming soon I will have Crystal White and another color-- I forget the name. I will also be using my discount to stock up on blushers. How often do you guys put out new colors? 

Keep following our website and social media pages. We're going to be launching our new items for 2014 over the next few months and we're really excited to see what you all think!

Quote: Originally Posted by nyxcosmetics /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Keep following our website and social media pages. We're going to be launching our new items for 2014 over the next few months and we're really excited to see what you all think!

Hopefully new colors to The Curve. Sephora and Mally have their own versions of course but also in black. I really liked the Curve but wish it came in multiple colors other than black. As a nearsighted person I liked how it fit into my hand easily and allowed me to get closer to the mirror.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hopefully new colors to The Curve. Sephora and Mally have their own versions of course but also in black. I really liked the Curve but wish it came in multiple colors other than black. As a nearsighted person I liked how it fit into my hand easily and allowed me to get closer to the mirror.

That's a great idea, let me forward it over to our product development team. I'm not sure if it's something they're already working on, but I know they'll appreciate the suggestion.

oops sorry my phone just took a dump had to switch to PC... what a life you had omg sounds so glamorous. i went to school for fashion merch.
Whenever you have a chance please let's create a thread and you can post pics of your 80s makeup. I ended up getting a degree in Fashion Merchandising Management, too. I went to Philips Junior College and got an Associate's Degree. It was glamorous in that I had a glam atmosphere where I worked and i got to wear fabulous clothes and makeup, etc. But it was very hard work. I loved the jobs but the pace was crazy and the high heels put a toll on my body! I don't have a cell phone camera, I use a digital camera. Do you have one? If so, maybe you can take pictures. We can move the posts to an 80s makeup thread. 
smilehappyyes.gif
 Of course i have no idea HOW to do that, but I know it has been done-- moving posts and creating threads to house them. 

I emailed NYX's CS with a list of the replacement colors (some of them showed as sold out so I sent a few options for NYX to choose a replacement for me).  

The only reply I received was:  

"Charcoal Brown will be sent.

Best,
NYX"

No information on a replacement label, or instructions on how to send my purple shade back.  So.... I'm a little confused.  Has anyone else gotten a reply to their email?  Possibly with some more detail?

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I emailed NYX's CS with a list of the replacement colors (some of them showed as sold out so I sent a few options for NYX to choose a replacement for me).

Best,
NYX"

No information on a replacement label, or instructions on how to send my purple shade back.  So.... I'm a little confused.  Has anyone else gotten a reply to their email?  Possibly with some more detail?

I think they will send the return label with the new color or at least that is my guess.

Best,
NYX"

We must have gotten the same CSR. My reply was equally as short. lol

NYX Customer Service replied:

It will be sent.

Thanks,
NYX

I asked how I should return the blue shade I got and they replied: SEP 20, 2013 | 03:59PM PDT NYX Customer Service replied: Ok that will be sent. You can keep the other one we won’t be sending for it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Best. NYX

I have nothing to add regarding the eye shadow swap since I want to keep the one I received but... I am loving the NYX mosiac blush I received in my IPSY bag last month. I also have 2 NYX lipsticks I received in Hautelook bags which are currently in heavy rotation. I will definitely be shopping NYX for future purchases.

Same response they don't want the others back. Great customer service and I am loving some of the black label lipsticks I ordered so much that I think I need to order back ups in case they get discontinued.

Quote: Originally Posted by jbrookeb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I asked how I should return the blue shade I got and they replied:

SEP 20, 2013 | 03:59PM PDT
NYX Customer Service replied:
Ok that will be sent. You can keep the other one we won’t be sending for it.
smile.gif

Best.
NYX

That's great!  Thanks!  I'll be adding my purple shadow to my sister's Christmas gift pile, then.  She'll love the color, and they're such a great price she'll be able to get many more!

Thanks, NYX!  I  
heart.gif
 you!!!

Best,
NYX"

Ha, I sent a list of colors too because I wasn't sure & they just said they'll send the first two. 

So I have Lagoon Sparkle & Flamingo headed my way. 
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back