January 1 2015, 100 Day No Buy Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really happy with my decision to joint the 100 day no-buy.  So far I have avoided making unnecessary beauty/makeup purchases and I have been reducing my stash as much as a person reasonably can inside the past 20 days.  That said, I know it will take me more than 20 days of sticking to my plan to get myself back on track.  Hopefully the rest of this challenge goes as well as its beginning!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm really happy with my decision to joint the 100 day no-buy.  So far I have avoided making unnecessary beauty/makeup purchases and I have been reducing my stash as much as a person reasonably can inside the past 20 days.  That said, I know it will take me more than 20 days of sticking to my plan to get myself back on track.  Hopefully the rest of this challenge goes as well as its beginning!!! :)
Hear, hear!

Oh everyone, guess what! Take a look at our calendar of progress!!!

Julian Date20.jpg

That's pretty great!!!

Well, I broke my no-buy temporarily. The reason being my birthday, which is around the corner, and a few husband-ok'd presents (we share our bank account, and he knows of my no-buy, so we agreed my birthday could be a small exception). I bought a few things, one of which I needed and several of which I did not. The one I needed was mascara (desperately, since my very last tube was pushing 8 months old), and the rest were blushes, which I most definitely did NOT need.

That said, total was $100...which is fantastic compared to last year's birthday-time splurging that was many more times that. I'm proud of myself for exercising restraint in the face of an opportunity to shop, unlike before...zero restraint. it was a free-for-all. And so back on the horse we go for the remaining of this year's no-buy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm proud of myself for exercising restraint in the face of an opportunity to shop, unlike before
Hey Jaylilee! Happy Birthday, girl! My birthday is tomorrow..... I'll be *gulp* 30!!!!!! Big one! :wacko2: :eek:ldlad:

Anyway, I think you did an awesome job of balancing needs and wants. After all, you're doing a 365 day no-buy, which is huge, you deserve some birthday presents, whether they are makeup or not! I hope you really like your blush. That's one of my weaknesses too :blush2: :blush2: :blush2:   , and I definitely have more than I need, but hey, live a little! :sunshine:

Hey Jaylilee! Happy Birthday, girl! My birthday is tomorrow..... I'll be *gulp* 30!!!!!! Big one! :wacko2: :eek:ldlad:

Anyway, I think you did an awesome job of balancing needs and wants. After all, you're doing a 365 day no-buy, which is huge, you deserve some birthday presents, whether they are makeup or not! I hope you really like your blush. That's one of my weaknesses too :blush2: :blush2: :blush2:   , and I definitely have more than I need, but hey, live a little! :sunshine:
HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAY!!!!!!  :wizard:   :king:   :hugs3:

I hope you have a good one.

And yeah, 365 day no-buy is def. going to be a big one since we've only been at this for 22 days but I am confident I can do it! Birthday presents aside, I haven't really felt the urge to shop, and am learning more and more about myself in the process.. Obviously I've been rediscovering and experimenting with my stash a lot longer than just 22 days, since I really cut back in 2014, but I've learned my likes and dislikes and what I really need vs. the wants gimmies.

Thank you so much for the birthay wishes, everyone!!! Happy Birthday to all the January babies out there!!!!!

@@jaylilee I remember turning 27 seemed like a pretty big deal. Love your year, girl!

Thank you so much for the birthay wishes, everyone!!! Happy Birthday to all the January babies out there!!!!!

@@jaylilee I remember turning 27 seemed like a pretty big deal. Love your year, girl!
ya...it feels like a pretty big deal lol my husband is 8 years older and just shakes his head at me, but aaahhhh!!!

Happy Birthday @@jaylilee !!!   :hugs3:    :smilehappyyes:   :wizard:
:hugs3:   :hugs3:   :wub:   Thank you hon!!!

@@jaylilee @@eastofthesun HAPPY BIRTHDAY ladies!
thanks!!!!

Happy happy birthdays @jaylilee and @eastofthesun!  You guys feel like my support team from reading you on this forum all last year.  You are the awesomest support team ever and I hope you both took your birthdays as chances to really pamper/love yourselves and be the happiest you can be!  :rotfl:   :rotfl:   :rotfl:
ahahaha same! Mostly my birthdays are about catching up on all the sleep i've been missing for a while. haha! thank you, sweets! 

Back