Japanese hair straightening

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exactly, what is done to make the hair straight???

and this may sound like a stupid question but why is it called japanese hair straightening???

i'm just curious.

A girl I work with had it done. I pet her hair sometimes, it is really soft. But to be honest it looks the same as it did before. I'm not sure if it is easier to care for and style. I will ask her in the morning and let you know.

I had this done 2-3 years ago and I loved it! I wouldnt recommend getting it done if your hair is already week or has lots of colour done to it as it could cause it to become brittle and not very nice. The best thing to do is ask the hairdresser if they recommend it.

I, personally, loved it as it meant i didnt have to straighten my everyday! In the long run it will probs be better for your hair then straightening all the time as you only have it done the once! Gave my hair that silky feeling you get when you finish straightening... It lasted until my hair grew out which was about a year or so. Im definately going to get it done again when I go to japan/china next. Its way to pricey to get it done in the UK!

xxx

I actually got japanese hair straigtening done a few months ago. It def has its pros and cons. I love the fact that my hair is so straight, shiny and soft. However, today I cut my hair. I got a lot of layers in it but you could hardly tell because it is so straight. There is also not a lot of volume in my hair too. But my hair has been really easy to manage so far.

I've been looking into this too... I don't know what system to go with, seeing as you get one chance with your hair.

I'm thinking about Yuko and Q8 Nutri Straight. If anyone has experiences with these please share them.

Thanks

Oh, also the Liscio system.

I've heard that Liscio is better than Yuko. Both are the 2 original Japanese Straightening treatments.

I wish I could post pics but I don't have a digital cam, you'll just have to take my word for it that my hair is silky smooth and soft and poker straight. I was worried it might dry out my hair as I've recently had it coloured but it didn't at all my hair is softer than it's ever been before. I'd def reccomend Yuko.

Ooh, this thread is pretty old. But the Japanese hair straightening really does make your hair straight and silky! Looks healthy and great.

I have a question for those who have had yuko done,

my hairdresser told me not to get my hair wet, put it behind my ears or style it just leave it completly alone for 5 days! I'm on my 2nd day and my hair is super greasy and the way she did my parting it hangs over my face and I look like the grudge!

I've checked the yuko website and it says you can't do those things for 48 hrs not 5 days so do you think it would be okay to wash my hair tomorrow on the third day?

I wouldn't mind if I could stay in the house but I have to go to work and deal with members of the public and gresy hair is not a good first impression.

Yuko cost me a lot of money though so I'm anxious to sway from what I was told.

What do you think? please reply

For a moment in time I have wavy hair naturally. I was living in China at the time my host family took me to get my hair straighten. It was the Japanese straightening, I loved it! My hair was so smooth and so silky. It felt better than it did before I had it straightened. Now since my hair is straight again (odd it was curly during my late pre-teen years). If I had to go back I would do this over chemical straightening even though it tends to be pricey.

This needs to be done by the right person.. And if you trying to get someone cheap DON'T DO IT. It would be well worth the money if you got a stylist who actually did it right, knew what they were doing and gave u the proper instructions on how to take care of it.

I got it done and 6 months after my hair was falling out in CHUNKS in the shower. I got really depressed over it so I recently got it cut and am trying to grow back all of my natural hair... it cost me 300 and it wasn't worth it. I feel like my hair is so thin now and I hate it... Any kind of chemical that you put in your hair is damaging your better off leaving it as is and straightening it but thats just my opinion maybe for you it will turn out differently :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had never heard of the Japanese hair straightening mehtods until this post... i had only known about the chemical straightening, which i feared becuase i heard of how damaging it could be. Some great info in here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been told by two stylists not to get a chemical straightener on my hair because I have so much color -- or have had so much color....over the years. They did suggest a straightening perm. Has anyone ever experienced one of these or even know if it would help with the frizzies? (My hair is both curly and straight -- if I want to wear it curly, I have to work about just as hard as I do to blow it dry and straighten it.)

I have an appointment for next Saturday but had one big concern and was hoping someone could please help! Once my hair has been straightened, could i still curl it with a curling iron if I wanted to or would it not hold/ or kill my hair?

Wism,

I know someone who had it done and has used hot rollers. HTH! Good luck.

Bunny

Back