Julep: April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by biskit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How are people finding the box "version" numbers? Do they post it on a FB somewhere? I guess I was under the illusion they were a true grab bag and would be totally random but it seems like some people get the same thing?

I had that same problem. It's on the invoice included in your box.

I got box #5 like a couple of others here.  This one included Natalie, Parker, Leah, and Jill and also the Pink Grapefruit Body Frosting.  I didn't get any dupes (yay) but my body frosting STINKS!  Does anyone smell like a weird cinnamon note at the end??

I think the order confirmation says it ? or the paper in the box?maybe, not sure
The Box Number is on th invoice you receive with your box. I used to wonder about how people knew what box th received - I tear into boxes and don't pay attention to invoices....

I got Box #1 -- contents in spoiler box.

Madeline - pink Sea Salt
Otte 
Barbra
Joy

Hand Brightening Cream Toe Separators
Nail File

Joy is the only duplicate polish in the box for me, and I like it so I'll either stash it or give it to my mom for Mother's Day.  I can't imagine using Otte very much, but I can kind of see it in a water marble with a light orange and white, maybe.  At least I wouldn't be wasting polish I'd use very often if it looked hideous!

I paid for the mystery box using my Valentine's Day gift card, so with 4 polishes, I figure it worked out to $3 each, and the products were free.  On average, I've maybe paid $5 for each of my Julep polishes, so I actually think they're not a bad value.  Some of the formulas are certainly weird -- how they get to be thick on your nails but runny on the brush is the real mystery to me!

Originally Posted by FrostKitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Box Number is on th invoice you receive with your box. I used to wonder about how people knew what box th received - I tear into boxes and don't pay attention to invoices....
I was replying to a girl wondering, paper in the box= invoice ^^ 

I got Box #2.  Contents in spoiler box :)

4 polishes including Sadie (the sea salt finish), Lauren, Meryl, & Gunta.  It also came with the pomegranate cream, a nail file, and toe separators.  I thought it was a pretty good box but I already had Lauren, so that sort of stinks.  :-

I finally got my mystery box today! I got box 9 which contains

nail file

toe separators
Julep glow on hand cream
keira
dendrie
maria
madeline
Overall i am very pleased with what i got and happy i bought the box! Now I just have to try to resist my urges and skip the monthly box! 

I was replying to a girl wondering, paper in the box= invoice ^^ 
I was a posting danger to myself yesterday... And would've been the same today if I hadn't gotten pulled out of the house to garden and dance in the rain. Paper = invoice... Got it

Originally Posted by FrostKitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was a posting danger to myself yesterday... And would've been the same today if I hadn't gotten pulled out of the house to garden and dance in the rain. Paper = invoice... Got it
lmao it's OK I couldn't remember the word, oh those days when the brain is no worky!

Ugh I regret posting about the groupon deal for the gumdrop polishes. They weren't packaged well at all and were broken when they got to my house. Groupon is refusing to even give me a refund, because it was "final sale." This is insane to me, I have ordered things on sale through other companies before that were on sale (and considered "final sale" because of that) but they were still willing to give me a refund when it didnt make it in tact to my house :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I emailed jesse's girl but we will see.

Ugh I regret posting about the groupon deal for the gumdrop polishes. They weren't packaged well at all and were broken when they got to my house. Groupon is refusing to even give me a refund, because it was "final sale." This is insane to me, I have ordered things on sale through other companies before that were on sale (and considered "final sale" because of that) but they were still willing to give me a refund when it didnt make it in tact to my house :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I emailed jesse's girl but we will see.
That's garbage. Hopefully the company will make it right. Is there any way to open adispute with Groupon, because they came damaged? With regards to your payment.. like if you used a cc or something?

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh I regret posting about the groupon deal for the gumdrop polishes. They weren't packaged well at all and were broken when they got to my house. Groupon is refusing to even give me a refund, because it was "final sale." This is insane to me, I have ordered things on sale through other companies before that were on sale (and considered "final sale" because of that) but they were still willing to give me a refund when it didnt make it in tact to my house
frown.gif
. I emailed jesse's girl but we will see.
Send them pictures and state something like this.

To Whom It May Concern,
I purchased the Groupon deal for Jessie's Girl Gumdrop polishes on ______. The package arrived on _____ however the nails polishes were not packaged in a manner to prevent breakage and as a result the bottles arrived broken. I have attached pictures of the broken polishes.

I'm requesting a replacement for this order or a refund as I did not received the items in usable condition. If a replacement or refund is not issued then I will have to file a dispute with my credit card company in the amount of ______ since I did not get what I paid for. You have five business days to let me know if a replacement or refund will be issued.

Sincerely,

Your Name

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0008-getting-your-money-back

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh I regret posting about the groupon deal for the gumdrop polishes. They weren't packaged well at all and were broken when they got to my house. Groupon is refusing to even give me a refund, because it was "final sale." This is insane to me, I have ordered things on sale through other companies before that were on sale (and considered "final sale" because of that) but they were still willing to give me a refund when it didnt make it in tact to my house
frown.gif
. I emailed jesse's girl but we will see.
Sorry to hear that, my mom just told me mine arrived today and they were ok.

Originally Posted by jenniferrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

With the growing popularity and inability to get the box I want (a staple of the maven experience I think is being able to change styles) combined with customer service that was of no help because of their inability to actually read my email (they kept sending me replies to questions I was not asking), I finally cancelled.

And I love that I am using this month as justification (sarcasm because one bad month that really isn't that bad, sold out for a lot of people, shouldn't really be justification). Because deep down I just feel foolish because I know I can quit any month regardless of reason and I totally have plenty of nail polish and should have stopped long ago. I think I should really blame MUT for being an enabler. Haha. Phew. Happy with this decision. Now just need to stop following Julep threads so there is no envy.
i think you should try and log in the first day. no one who is eager about the boxes and reserves within ~24hours has sellout issues. i'm sorry you feel that way, but i think any company with well-liked products sells out. they release monthly collections so it makes sense for them not to have endless supplies.

Originally Posted by r4chel77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i think you should try and log in the first day. no one who is eager about the boxes and reserves within ~24hours has sellout issues. i'm sorry you feel that way, but i think any company with well-liked products sells out. they release monthly collections so it makes sense for them not to have endless supplies
It was meant to be a joke! A joke that I needed an excuse to cancel when in reality I have so much nail polish and that should be my reason.

Originally Posted by jenniferrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was meant to be a joke! A joke that I needed an excuse to cancel when in reality I have so much nail polish and that should be my reason.
sorry if my response was a tiny bit rude!

sending positive energy =)

Back