Julep: April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Sam Clysdale /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am in the Julep swap Group on Facebook and it looks a lot better then Spring box.
I had no idea there was a Julep swap group! Is it an open group?

There's a Julep Swap Group?!

Box 3 box 1 Box 4

Thank you for posting this. I'm reassured about skipping now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep.. I'm in it, too. They swap/sell all kinds of polish.
I'm in it as well.

Box 5 contents 

(which I'm happy about because I didn't get the black sea salt polish or any dupes) All arrived sealed in plastic which made me happy -- although I wish the body frosting had some sort of inner seal.

Parker (orange? sort of pale)

natalie (bright pink)

leah (green -- "Vivid and refreshing grass green with a hint of shimmer" according to Julep)

Jill (brown? taupe-y grey? sea salt finish)

Tub of the Pink grapefruit body frosting

toe separators/nail file
eta:spoilers (sorry)

Although the sea salt finish doesn't look like a Zoya Pixie dust dupe -- the chunky bits are much finer (like microglitter texture, you can definately feel them but the aren't super huge or shiny).

my tracking was at electronic shipment info received from the 14th until 1am today (17th) where it magically appeared in Maryland having never showed up in Washington state

If you don't want to read this RANT please just skip to the photos.

So disappointed. Two of these are from 2012.... one from Feb 2012's mystery box I believe and 1 from Fall 2012. I understand that they're going to try and get rid of their old polishes and IT IS a mystery box, but that doesn't mean send me one or two new things and old polish that you're trying to rid yourself of for the remaining. Maybe at least put in older Summer or Spring colors - meaning please correspond to the appropriate season. I wanted to note I already received 'Lauren' in my Spring Mystery Box and I am not completely unhappy that it is in my Sea Salt Mystery box because at least it's a Summery color, but the other two are from Fall/Winter...*sigh*.

Sea Salt Mystery Box >_<

Could someone link me to the Julep Trade Forum? I have the Sea Salt Finish in Sadie (black) and I wanted the Blush or light Pink Shade. I also have Lauren (Hot Pink), Gunta (Royal Blue), and Meryl (Grey) if anyone would prefer those instead. 

I expected the mystery boxes to have all three of the sea salt polishes with a few of the older out of date polishes added in to build value. All of the boxes I've seen in here are no where worth $25 imo.

Am I the only one that think Julep isn't worth the hype? I usually skip, but have a bunch of their polishes from when I was still getting a box regularly. I painted my nails today and remembered why I skip. I think the formula is awful! Streaky, goopy, just bad, Sinful Colors is better and it's only $2. Let me know if you disagree. I think they put out the most colors, but I want a smooth even application in a polish.

Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I expected the mystery boxes to have all three of the sea salt polishes with a few of the older out of date polishes added in to build value. All of the boxes I've seen in here are no where worth $25 imo.
I did too until I re-read the description of the box. I think whether or not the box is worth it is subjective. I mean if someone receives a box with colors they find amazing and wearable then it's worth it to them. However, I found the Spring Mystery box to be of better value than the Sea Salt Mystery box, but that is just me.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one that think Julep isn't worth the hype? I usually skip, but have a bunch of their polishes from when I was still getting a box regularly. I painted my nails today and remembered why I skip. I think the formula is awful! Streaky, goopy, just bad, Sinful Colors is better and it's only $2. Let me know if you disagree. I think they put out the most colors, but I want a smooth even application in a polish.

I am still debating, but I have to agree with others regarding the polishes being hit or miss in terms of formulation. I have some that apply easily and others that are difficult to apply -- streaky and goopy :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I've been really wanting to try Zoya's polishes, but am completely overwhelmed by their polishes and selections every time I attempt to navigate through their site.

Heather, most mystery boxes (in the past) have generally had 3-4 polishes (plus some random products) -- do I think Julep is overpriced? yes. From facebook group it looks like box 11 is the super mega lucky box. But for me, as a first time mystery box purchaser, I feel like I got lucky (box 5,no dupes to things I had before, the sea salt color I wanted, and an interesting product to try). I do wish Julep would be better about color accuracy and swatches for the monthly boxes but I really love Ginger (from the Feb 2013 box).

For what it's worth, I would never buy Julep full price but I really liked the Valentine's Day gift card (which basically has made everything I've purchased half price). I'll probably be skipping most month's boxes and hoping for another gift card sale before November/December

Back