Julep: April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by casby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my tracking was at electronic shipment info received from the 14th until 1am today (17th) where it magically appeared in Maryland having never showed up in Washington state
lol looks like mine did the same! It was just electronic info from the 14th until I checked JUST NOW, and its now out for delivery.

congrats Jenna -- thin coats seem to work best for the sea salt finish -- my camera is crap at photos though.

I'm also still waiting for things to move from "electronic shipping info received" ... I've previously had good luck with fast julep shipping (using usps) so I think this is probably Julep's fault (and not USPS)-- my original shipping email had the correct name and everything so they wouldn't have needed to reprint mine.
I asked them if they had actually shipped yet and they said they caught the error just in time to reprint before they went out.

I personally feel like the mystery boxes are a better value than the monthly sub box because more seems to be included. However I also got a 50% off gift card that I have been using to buy mystery boxes for the past three months, so I paid only $12.50 for this box. AND i only started subbing to Julep in Feb so I do not have to worry about duplicates when they send out older polishes that many others may have received in a monthly maven subscription. However once that gift card is gone...no more mystery boxes (Or so I say now) 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've done two purchases, still working on my hoard and can't bring myself to swap much just yet lmao!
Lol I bought a polish from a really nice girl on that group. I got something from her on Ebay then ended up buying another polish from her. She emailed me saying if you like polish you should join this FB group im on when she told me I was like im already on there lol.

Box 5 contents 

(which I'm happy about because I didn't get the black sea salt polish or any dupes) All arrived sealed in plastic which made me happy -- although I wish the body frosting had some sort of inner seal.

Parker (orange? sort of pale)

natalie (bright pink)

leah (green -- "Vivid and refreshing grass green with a hint of shimmer" according to Julep)

Jill (brown? taupe-y grey? sea salt finish)

Tub of the Pink grapefruit body frosting

toe separators/nail file
eta:spoilers (sorry)
Parker is cute, but it usually takes me like 3 coats to look even, the rest are really pretty though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one that think Julep isn't worth the hype? I usually skip, but have a bunch of their polishes from when I was still getting a box regularly. I painted my nails today and remembered why I skip. I think the formula is awful! Streaky, goopy, just bad, Sinful Colors is better and it's only $2. Let me know if you disagree. I think they put out the most colors, but I want a smooth even application in a polish.
Well it's hit and miss pretty much, I like how they look, so the formula isn't that big of a deal for me.

Originally Posted by ling168 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I did too until I re-read the description of the box. I think whether or not the box is worth it is subjective. I mean if someone receives a box with colors they find amazing and wearable then it's worth it to them. However, I found the Spring Mystery box to be of better value than the Sea Salt Mystery box, but that is just me.

I am still debating, but I have to agree with others regarding the polishes being hit or miss in terms of formulation. I have some that apply easily and others that are difficult to apply -- streaky and goopy :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I've been really wanting to try Zoya's polishes, but am completely overwhelmed by their polishes and selections every time I attempt to navigate through their site.
This! Same thing happens to me

Accidently posted this in the may thread. Adding it here.

Got my sea salt mystery box. #7

I got Jill (sea salt),Claudette, Sarah, Viola, and the Rock Star hand cream. I have been wanting the cream so I am happy with that and the sand texture. Claudette and Viola are bleh colors for me and Sarah is a dupe. I think I have learned my lesson. (again) No more mystery boxes for me...

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This! Same thing happens to me
6.gif

Just received my box today. The box showed that it left Kent, WA yesterday. So I was surprised to get it today (I'm in Delaware). I got version 10 which includes:

Madeline (sea salt), Parker, Melissa, Sarah, toe separators, file, age defying hand brightener.

Basically, only 1 new item for me. Oh well, I only paid $5.58 after my remaining Vday gc. I think this will be my last mystery box for awhile. Well, I say that until the next one comes out! LOL 

Originally Posted by brandarae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just received my box today. The box showed that it left Kent, WA yesterday. So I was surprised to get it today (I'm in Delaware). I got version 10 which includes:

Madeline (sea salt), Parker, Melissa, Sarah, toe separators, file, age defying hand brightener.

Basically, only 1 new item for me. Oh well, I only paid $5.58 after my remaining Vday gc. I think this will be my last mystery box for awhile. Well, I say that until the next one comes out! LOL 

I feel the same way about the Mystery Boxes.... I'm sure I'll get the next one! 

Originally Posted by ling168 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel the same way about the Mystery Boxes.... I'm sure I'll get the next one! 
I do too, I keep hoping the next one is the big one lol.

Hello all! 

I've been lurking for months and finally decided to take the plunge and join.  Sadly, my first post is going to be whiny.  Against my better judgement I went ahead and ordered the Sea Salt Mystery Box even though I haven't been real lucky in terms of the boxes I've received from Julep.   Now that I've opened up the mystery box I really wish I'd gone with my first instinct and passed on the Mystery Box and ordered some indie polishes instead.  

I received Box #10 and I can't begin to imagine a box that could not have been worse without someone making an effort to pick colors that are so beyond anything that I would ever wear, or have ever ordered from Julep (and I used to order a lot of their polish).   Even with the understanding that a Mystery Box is just that.. a mystery I am really disappointed.   

Box 10 Contains: 

Toe Separators, A Nail File, Hand Brightening Cream along with 4 polishes: 

Sarah (a dupe of a dupe that I can't give away because it looks clownish (especially on a woman my age) 

Parker - an orange cream that will make me look like I have Hepatitis if I wear it

Madeline - The Pink Sea Salt (the color I least wanted) 

and Melissa which is yet another dupe that I didn't like the first and second time I received it and that is nowhere near as cool as NFU's 61.   

Whining done... I want to say that I really do enjoy this site and the different forums and look forward to getting to know you all.  

Daphne 

First, welcome to MakeupTalk! I'm sorry you're disappointed in the polishes however I will say once you've been a member here at MUT for five days and have 15 posts you can use our buy/TRADE/sell forum to swap those polishes for something else with the members who have swaps listed. Second, if you're willing to give it a go and not swap the items try a water marble nail with those colors.

Originally Posted by FrostKitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello all! 

I've been lurking for months and finally decided to take the plunge and join.  Sadly, my first post is going to be whiny.  Against my better judgement I went ahead and ordered the Sea Salt Mystery Box even though I haven't been real lucky in terms of the boxes I've received from Julep.   Now that I've opened up the mystery box I really wish I'd gone with my first instinct and passed on the Mystery Box and ordered some indie polishes instead.  

I received Box #10 and I can't begin to imagine a box that could not have been worse without someone making an effort to pick colors that are so beyond anything that I would ever wear, or have ever ordered from Julep (and I used to order a lot of their polish).   Even with the understanding that a Mystery Box is just that.. a mystery I am really disappointed.   

Box 10 Contains: 

Toe Separators, A Nail File, Hand Brightening Cream along with 4 polishes: 

Sarah (a dupe of a dupe that I can't give away because it looks clownish (especially on a woman my age) 

Parker - an orange cream that will make me look like I have Hepatitis if I wear it

Madeline - The Pink Sea Salt (the color I least wanted) 

and Melissa which is yet another dupe that I didn't like the first and second time I received it and that is nowhere near as cool as NFU's 61.   

Whining done... I want to say that I really do enjoy this site and the different forums and look forward to getting to know you all.  

Daphne 

How are people finding the box "version" numbers? Do they post it on a FB somewhere? I guess I was under the illusion they were a true grab bag and would be totally random but it seems like some people get the same thing?

Originally Posted by biskit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How are people finding the box "version" numbers? Do they post it on a FB somewhere? I guess I was under the illusion they were a true grab bag and would be totally random but it seems like some people get the same thing?
I think the order confirmation says it ? or the paper in the box?maybe, not sure

Back