Julep January 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, it must be just me then. I haven't tried any of their regular glider pencils, I wonder if they would fare the same on my crazy eyes
That's a bummer, because they are awesome liners!  I think I have bought and tried all brands and was all settled on Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, that was until I tried Julep's Eye Gliders!! 

Julep's eye gliders are amazing.  They work better than Benefit's waterproof eyeliner, and any other waterproof eyeliner I have ever tried.  This goes for the sparkly eyeliner and the regular gel eyeliners of Julep's.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Truth.

I loooove their eye gliders. I hope they release a set of the newer colors. I already have the Mesmer-eyes set (the first four) and the Stargazer set (holiday colors).

@@MissTrix I'm waiting, too. What are you getting? I'm wondering if it's one specific item holding things up. I'm getting It Girl, cleansing oil, Luna, and, uh, Sandi (I can't remember the third add-on for sure, but I think that's it).
I ordered It Girl with Maryam, Borealis eyeshadow, and nail decal add-ons. I just saw someone in the Julep Swap group say they were told by Julep cs that they ran out of the metamorphic top coats. If I don't get mine I'm going to be pissed! I reserved mine seconds after I got the email.

I ordered It Girl with Maryam, Borealis eyeshadow, and nail decal add-ons. I just saw someone in the Julep Swap group say they were told by Julep cs that they ran out of the metamorphic top coats. If I don't get mine I'm going to be pissed! I reserved mine seconds after I got the email.
I'm going to be pretty upset it it's not in my box, I was all set to skip Jan.   Then I saw the top coats and reserved right away.  I'm not going to keep my hopes up, last month I had my box by the 5th, this month's box hasn't even shipped yet  <_<   

I'm not sure I care about the metamorphic top coat, but I ordered oil cleanser, and my skin is reminding me that OH HAI IT IS JANUARY! It *loves* oil cleanser in the winter.

I got my maven box in the mail yesterday. Tilda was in there!

My lipgloss was frozen solid, thanks to the freezing cold in Wisconsin. I used it once it thawed and found t to be moisturizing, but I'm not sure I like the smell. All of Julep's lip products that I've ever used have sort of plastic-y smell to them.

I do like the eye glider (I chose olive). It lasted all day, no smudging, and looked really nice with my green eyes.

Has anyone gotten  their Savvy Surprise yet? I ordered but am curious what it is...

Got my box today - no metamorphic topcoat even though it says I'm getting one on my order profile and I reserved immediately after receiving the email. Call CS and they were so nice - they are sending one out to me.

In other news...the box my Jan Maven stuff was shipped in was HUGE, even though I didn't get a PLU or anything. Oh well, now I've got like a couple pounds of crinkle paper for shipping things in or to pack gifts in. 

Oh,FINALLY, I received tracking. It's only a label generation stage, of course, and not actually in the hands of FedEx (also: huh? fedEx? It doesn't look like it's SmartPost. Whatever).

I'm going to be pretty upset it it's not in my box, I was all set to skip Jan.   Then I saw the top coats and reserved right away.  I'm not going to keep my hopes up, last month I had my box by the 5th, this month's box hasn't even shipped yet  <_<   
Yep, this. I would have skipped if it weren't for that top-coat. I will not be happy if I don't receive it.

Got my maven box and my secret store order today.  I need to learn to not buy the Secret Surprises, the NY Secret Surprise was so disappointing--I got Bea (lemon yellow) and Dianna (mint green).   Two colors I pretty much never wear.  

Everything else I'm happy with.  I really like the Luxe Lip Treatment--sheer fig really works for me and I am really happy with Margit. For my top coat, I got Tyra (the white, pearly one).  I haven't figured out what to wear under it. 

Ahh, I haven't been on this site in FOREVER! Its good to be back. Lol. I ordered the January box, which is my first monthly box in alooooonng time, and I haven't gotten my shipping. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so I came here to see what everyone else was getting to make me feel better. Ha! I ordered the box with the dark blue polish and the olive eyeliner. I have too many polishes of that color, but I wanted the olive eyeliner and the free topcoat. And I picked the coral gloss and added on two mystery polishes and the argan oil so I could get the bonus thing for 3 add ons. Anyone tried the argan oil? I use Josie maran so I'm wondering how it compares to hers.

Has anyone gotten  their Savvy Surprise yet? I ordered but am curious what it is...
I think I've seen three or four different versions of Savvy Surprises. Everything from all product/no polish to 4 polishes.

I received my box today, and the mystery grab bag (that you could add on for $20, or swap in as part of your box if you have a customizable account) is the dry shampoo, rich brown eye glider, and pink (original) oxygen nail treatment. I also received Tyra even though my order history said I was getting Tilda. Bjork was the only one I didn't want, so I'm pretty happy.

I think I may have figured out my Eye Glider problem - I was using them over ColourPop shadows. The shadows themselves are so slippery that the eyeliner was coming right off along with them. I can only wear them both for a short time before my face is a mess. The gliders worked well over my Starlooks shadows, so yay!!!

EDIT: I just received my box, I got Bjork as a topcoat.

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems odd:  I received a FedEx tracking number yesterday that was generated Monday, and the package weight was entered as two pounds.  It was finally scanned into the FedEx system today, and now it's suddenly *four* pounds and a 15"x11"x4" box.  Uh...  I just got the cleansing oil and five or six (depending on whether they're sending the metamorphic top coat) polishes.  I don't think it should weigh that much or be in a box that big even with whatever the free gift is this month (isn't it usually just an extra polish or two?).  And they're sending it FedEx two-day?  Is this new?  I don't remember them *ever* sending things two-day before.  This whole thing just seems very odd, and that makes me very nervous.

@@meaganola Perhaps you're getting the free upgrade. Someone on the Julep Swap group got the free upgrade and she said her box weighed over 3 lbs. She didn't mention getting any add ons. I also think the free gift this month is a scrub or hand lotion.

I got my maven box today and my top coat was Tilda. It's very pretty over darker colors but barely noticeable over lighter colors.

Latest posts

Back