Julep: March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...what is this sudden new rumour spreading that you get the white box with the upgrade?

I think someone mentioned this in the Feb thread, but that information is incorrect.

To clarify: For December, the golden boxes were the Oprah's Fav Things box, which was I think 12 polishes + the white box. You can occassionally also find the Oprah set in the mystery shop or in flash sales, usually for $50 at the cheapest. Or, you can purchase just the box in the mystery shop for $20.

**correction: last month, you could get the upgrade with the white box, but the upgraded total was $55 rather than the usual $50.

So ways to get the white box: the golden boxes in December, or a mystery shop/flash sale purchase, or last month's upgrade. So if you're holding out for them to "bring it back" for the upgrade, don't hold your breath since it only happened once

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...what is this sudden new rumour spreading that you get the white box with the upgrade?

I think someone mentioned this in the Feb thread, but that information is incorrect.

To clarify: For December, the golden boxes were the Oprah's Fav Things box, which was I think 12 polishes + the white box. You can occassionally also find the Oprah set in the mystery shop or in flash sales, usually for $50 at the cheapest. Or, you can purchase just the box in the mystery shop for $20.

There has never been a time when getting the upgrade would get you the white box; only from the golden boxes in December, or a mystery shop/flash sale purchase. So if you're holding out for them to "bring it back" for the upgrade, don't hold your breath.
Lol, oppsie that was me who mentioned it in the Feb thread.

I had seen several youtube reviews of last month's Maven boxes were they were discussing how they upgraded to the whole collection and got the white boxes. I was misinformed.

I changed my mind... sort of. I'm getting the Modern Beauty box and added Lucky for this month. I'm curious about the hand cream and the scrub, and this is a really good deal, and I really wanted Lucky. Now, if they had Evangeline as well, I'd have added that too. Ach well.

Hmmm would you be willing to post a swatch of Debra? It seems really green in their preview swatches... but that's why I always have a hard time trusting their swatches because the polishes almost never look the same IRL 
yes, I will get off work here in a couple of hours and paint and post. I have been meaning to do another debra manicure anyway. I would like to say the Debra kinda reminds me of a great great "greige"

but yes, I would be willing. Just give me a few hours
icon_lol.gif

For those of you who've used the hand scrub before... was it just water for you or was it supposed to be something else? e_e when I opened mine, it was just like... water? It didn't look or feel any different. : I got mine in a mystery bag and was like "wow this is meh" now i'm wondering it was a faulty product but I don't really have a standard of comparison.

aaallsssooo I think the values of the bags are supposed to be $40+ for retail (e.g. 3 x $14 polishes is $42), so twice the value you're paying for the box ($20). I wonder if this means all the products now on are going to be super expensive... since two products are going to have to average $20 each to make it... That would be really annoying to me, sigh. I'm going to miss having the "cheaper" add on products then, like $14 quick dry drops and polish removers

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sticking with It Girl.. no add ons. I splurged enough on last month with Julep lol.
I know what you mean. I was so bad last month. I got 2 bloomspot certificates and I just bought $100 gift certificate off the Julep site for $50. It is shameful.
help.gif
asskicking.gif
  I blame all the enablers on this forum.

I stuck with It Girl and just added the yellow.

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know what you mean. I was so bad last month. I got 2 bloomspot certificates and I just bought $100 gift certificate off the Julep site for $50. It is shameful.
help.gif
asskicking.gif
  I blame all the enablers on this forum.

I stuck with It Girl and just added the yellow.
Well, you now have $200 in Julep credit! XD I'm sure you'll put it to good use somehow ^~

I want the whole set! I haven't ordered a maven box since November...just the mystery box the past couple of times. I think I'm due a major splurge.

I got the Cupid Box (disappointing!) and then apparently the last "American Beauty" intro box (also disappointing!) and none of the colors for March work for me... so I skipped it. I want to like Julep, but I'm thinking it just may not work out. In my Cupid Box I got a code for a free polish of my choice - does anyone think they'd honor it in person? I live in Seattle and it'd be nice to not pay them shipping, etc, if I don't think I'll keep buying their polishes.

I'm getting Bombshell & the Leila as an add-on for sure. I'm super excited about this month still! 

I'm going to do the upgrade. I'm hoarding Julep polishes like crazy this month. Few orders to them this month, plus many trades for them. Its an addiction.

Originally Posted by drk51284 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the Cupid Box (disappointing!) and then apparently the last "American Beauty" intro box (also disappointing!) and none of the colors for March work for me... so I skipped it. I want to like Julep, but I'm thinking it just may not work out. In my Cupid Box I got a code for a free polish of my choice - does anyone think they'd honor it in person? I live in Seattle and it'd be nice to not pay them shipping, etc, if I don't think I'll keep buying their polishes.
If you're a maven still, you should get free shipping on everything.

Otherwise, no harm in shooting them an email. There are perks to choosing a polish in person, after all

Blah, I was really hoping for a St. Patrick's Day green/brown/orange collection. That would get me to not just not skip but to instead get the whole collection. I don't really so pastels. I know they had to do Easter colors now instead of for April since Easter is in March this year, but pastels are just super boring and predictable to me. At least I know Square Hue is definitely doing St. Patrick's Day.

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will be getting It Girl with a Leila add on. I really like most of the colors this month.
Thats exactly what im planning to get. Not making a final decision until the 24th, I change my mind too many times.

I want the whole wardrobe, but I don't think I'll go for it. I want so many of them though, I don't have any pastels so I can justify it XD

For those of you who've used the hand scrub before... was it just water for you or was it supposed to be something else? e_e when I opened mine, it was just like... water? It didn't look or feel any different. : I got mine in a mystery bag and was like "wow this is meh" now i'm wondering it was a faulty product but I don't really have a standard of comparison.

aaallsssooo I think the values of the bags are supposed to be $40+ for retail (e.g. 3 x $14 polishes is $42), so twice the value you're paying for the box ($20). I wonder if this means all the products now on are going to be super expensive... since two products are going to have to average $20 each to make it... That would be really annoying to me, sigh. I'm going to miss having the "cheaper" add on products then, like $14 quick dry drops and polish removers
You have to squish the tube around, as it tends to separate. I have to wonder how the new one will compare to the older version.

To me, it was basically the same thing as St. Ives Apricot scrub, except made for your hands. I compared the two products and they're really really similar.

Mine tended to have the oils come out, so I would squish the tube with it shut to mix around everything before dispensing.

The new packaging looks SO MUCH BETTER than those terrible white tubes did though. I always thought they look really generic and boring. The new ones have much more personality and fit with their line better.

Originally Posted by fanchette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

here are the pictures of debra I promised. Again, please ignore my impossible cuticles. 
Thank you for the photos!  Debra definitely pulls green on my computer.  It's one of those pretty/ugly colors that I tend to gravitate towards!

Latest posts

Back