Julep: March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting the Bombshell box (I really want to try Minnie) & I chose Joy, Shenae (I love mint green nail polish), & The Power Couple as my add ons.  I wanted to try the hand scrub and getting the hand scrub and the hand creme was only $6 more.  I was considering Simone, but it looks a lot like Renee, which I got in my intro box and have only worn twice.

I'm looking at their blog right now and I think my profile colors (Bombshell) are growing on me. I like Minnie but not I'm not 100% sure on Adrianna. I only have one green polish in my collection, Laura, and I wasn't that impressed with it. I always hate to say that but of the 5 months I've been subscribed, I've only been disappointed 2 polishes! Not bad!

yay! i think it's another nail wardrobe for me 
smile.gif

love the pastels!! i missed out on essie's mint candy apple, i wonder how shenae compares. i wasn't really loving julep's susie so i am super excited to try shenae out!

Well, I've officially gotten 3 bombshell boxes in a row, so I guess it's time I switch my profile. I like the CWaT boxes still -- but I feel like Julep should be an opportunity to try things I wouldn't usually try and CWaT is full of "I already have those polishes" orz

God, I'm such a sucker for green. Obvs they wouldn't put greens in the same box, but it makes me kind of mad because I'm really not as much into the other colours. Julep has so many pale/pastel purples... I don't think I have a chartreuse green, but I could be wrong with my green obsession... 

I imagine Shenae is a lot like China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On... I'm just not digging shimmer in my pastel/mint greens. : I really wish they would put close ups, at least of the swatch me stickers, of their swatches because I can't actually see the polishes. Half their pictures are annoyingly not even in focus

(via)

that is a lovely color! thanks for posting!!

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, I've officially gotten 3 bombshell boxes in a row, so I guess it's time I switch my profile. I like the CWaT boxes still -- but I feel like Julep should be an opportunity to try things I wouldn't usually try and CWaT is full of "I already have those polishes" orz

God, I'm such a sucker for green. Obvs they wouldn't put greens in the same box, but it makes me kind of mad because I'm really not as much into the other colours. Julep has so many pale/pastel purples... I don't think I have a chartreuse green, but I could be wrong with my green obsession... 

I imagine Shenae is a lot like China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On... I'm just not digging shimmer in my pastel/mint greens. : I really wish they would put close ups, at least of the swatch me stickers, of their swatches because I can't actually see the polishes. Half their pictures are annoyingly not even in focus

(via)

Hmmm would you be willing to post a swatch of Debra? It seems really green in their preview swatches... but that's why I always have a hard time trusting their swatches because the polishes almost never look the same IRL 

Originally Posted by fanchette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

well, I can tell you what I know now, You have obviously already seen the colors available, but what is different is when they sent them to me, they described them as smoky creams, not pastels, and I feel like that was a better description for them. they all seemed to go on amazingly well, especially for "pastels" or "cremes"

adriana - pale but playfull green- I used it with lucky and it was really cute and springy, but adriana chipped really easily. 

joy - muted mauveish creme- omg amazing color and it lasted FOREVER

debra - my new go to "grey" ish color. I am in LOVE with this and it lasted forever. I did a set of debra with a double joy accent nail on each hand and it was beautiful. fun enough to satisfy me, but muted enough to get away with at work. I never wear greyish polish because it makes my hands look dead, but this was not the case. I really love it. 

matte topcoat - meh, they are all the same to me 

gycolic hand scrub - used with age defying hand brightener afterwards- amazing, reminds me of satin hands @ mary kay with less steps, and the same results

lucky - pretty green glitter, I love it, great for st patty's day

teri  - beautiful coral reminiscint color, but chipped sorta fast.

That being said, they gave me one polish from each box, so I probably won't order one this month. any box i get would give me a dupe! here is a picture of a few of the colors. the green on my thumb is adriana, teri is on my middle finger, and joy on my ring finger. (yelllow is a from a cheap kit thing my granny got me for xmas, over juleup kate, and the blue is from essie's wedding collection. something blue maybe?) don't mind my gnarly cuticles. they are never getting better I tell you, no matter what I do. 

ETA: I skipped, but put didn't like cremes as my reason, In hopes the'll do a mavens choice in the pastel shimmers. That would be the ideal thing for me, since I only recieved the smoky cremes!

Oof, I think I am going It Girl and adding on that Springtime Pastel box.  I've been wanting Susie and Jessica for a while now!  

I wish that the "reasons" for skipping were broader -- I chose don't like shimmery pastels but I could have chosen don't like smoky pastels just as easily. I could have been swayed by non pastels in the add ons but nothing grabbed me.

I like pastels on other people..I know I wouldn't wear these more than once. Lol that was my fastest skip ever. I would have liked more greens and maybe save the Easter egg colors for April. Ahhh maybe they'll do Easter egg polish like illamasqua just put out..that would be fun

I really like the colors, but I dunno.  I'm on a bit of a nail polish overload from last month.  I think I will skip and then hope to catch the colors I like in the store.  Plus none of the boxes had the right combination for me.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I did Classic with a Twist and added on Shenae and the PowerDuo (love that scrub and want a second hand cream to keep at work). I know for $10 more I could have upgraded to the wardrobe but I really just wanted another hand cream and more scrub and the wardrobe would only give me one hand cream. If I could choose my ideal box I would have been Shenae (mint green shimmer) and Leila (yellow shimmer) and hand cream. Ah well! $41 for two hand creams, the scrub, and three polishes isn't bad. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thinking a bit more about it, I might just skip this month. I don't care for the product and the colours are fun, but things I would probably normally choose. I'll probably have the opportunity to pick them up in the store later, if I'm really feeling them (esp the greens *g*)

Hopefully I'll love what they have to offer for April and get the box upgrade as a treat to myself ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />; I skipped January and if I'm skipping March, that'll totally justify the $30. I'm feeling a bit product overloaded rn anyway. Plus, it'll save me the temptation of the mystery shop. I'm supposed to be on a low buy/no buy anyway until 3/31 XD;

I keep having an internal debate with myself about if I should upgrade or not. I don't like the scrubs or lotions so I already have a few of those laying around, so I'm on the fence.

I'm usually Boho Glam, but I'm not crazy about that yellow, nor do I need a hand cream!

So I'm thinking I'll do It Girl, with Joi added on. I'm debating about adding Lucky. I wonder if that will show up in the StPat Boxes? It is a beautiful green glitter, but I don't know what I would do with two bottles of it...! Any thoughts?

I'm also adding on the swatch me stickers. I can't handle having some with and some without them.

I want the whole collection, but I won't upgrade because I would want to get a white box with it. I also want that glitter. But I think I'll wait until I check out the Sinful Colors pastels and might just end up skipping this month because I can't really find a combo that I'm DYING to have, just lusting.

Latest posts

Back