Julep: March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The selection window is open (just after 9am eastern).  Looks like all of the colors are available individually as add-ons, as well as the products. There's a cute St. Pat's day set, with emerald green glitter.

I'm usually CwaT, but I really didn't like the taupe polish.  I actually switched to the Modern Beauty box for the month and added on Simone and Joy.  I already have a couple of other pastels from Butter London and wearing "unusual" colors like green or bright yellow is not something my work is big on.

Have fun, ladies!

So, I chose my box....now what?  Does it give me until the 25th before i'm charged and it's shipped?

Skipped. My bf got me a huge thing of nailpolish for V-day and I think he'd be upset if I got more, ha. At least by next month I can say I need new polishes! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

None of these colors are blowing me away. I'm torn between skipping for the month *tear* or getting the products box. Anyone have the scrub or hand cream? If so, how are they?

well, I can tell you what I know now, You have obviously already seen the colors available, but what is different is when they sent them to me, they described them as smoky creams, not pastels, and I feel like that was a better description for them. they all seemed to go on amazingly well, especially for "pastels" or "cremes"

adriana - pale but playfull green- I used it with lucky and it was really cute and springy, but adriana chipped really easily. 

joy - muted mauveish creme- omg amazing color and it lasted FOREVER

debra - my new go to "grey" ish color. I am in LOVE with this and it lasted forever. I did a set of debra with a double joy accent nail on each hand and it was beautiful. fun enough to satisfy me, but muted enough to get away with at work. I never wear greyish polish because it makes my hands look dead, but this was not the case. I really love it. 

matte topcoat - meh, they are all the same to me 

gycolic hand scrub - used with age defying hand brightener afterwards- amazing, reminds me of satin hands @ mary kay with less steps, and the same results

lucky - pretty green glitter, I love it, great for st patty's day

teri  - beautiful coral reminiscint color, but chipped sorta fast.

That being said, they gave me one polish from each box, so I probably won't order one this month. any box i get would give me a dupe! here is a picture of a few of the colors. the green on my thumb is adriana, teri is on my middle finger, and joy on my ring finger. (yelllow is a from a cheap kit thing my granny got me for xmas, over juleup kate, and the blue is from essie's wedding collection. something blue maybe?) don't mind my gnarly cuticles. they are never getting better I tell you, no matter what I do. 

ETA: I skipped, but put didn't like cremes as my reason, In hopes the'll do a mavens choice in the pastel shimmers. That would be the ideal thing for me, since I only recieved the smoky cremes!

I guess I'm the only one excited about these colors. I picked It Girl and added on Joy.

I wish there was a pick your own box option. I never like the combinations they choose and I don't want to pay $20 for a box with one item I like and spend another $20 for add ons.

Here's a swatch of Lucky for those of you (like me!) who were wanting to see it, but absolutely could not find it.  I kind of like it.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I literally got 13 new polishes last month so this month is a skip for me- I'm REALLY loving "lucky" though- UGH must stay away from you enablers... lol!

im so excited! this is my first box so i decided to purchase. i was going to go with modern beauty but after seeing nail colors i decided on the "boho glam" box.

• Leila: Lemon yellow opalescent shimmer
  • Joy: Smoky mauve crème
  • Rock Star Hand Crème: Anti-aging, emollient blend of shea butter, glycerin, coconut oil, and vitamin E keeps hands hydrated, even after washing. This non-greasy, fast-absorbing formula will leave you cheering for an encore. Rock on.

super excited!

Eh...I really don't have any pastels or any sort of spring-y colors, so I went with Bombshell and added on Lucky, Simone, and Shenae.  I'm excited to get these.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i skipped january and february for lack of interest in the shades now i wake up and love the colors for march (weirdly i dont own any pastels) but dont necessarily love the color combos for the sets...

i dont need handcreme and if i bite will probably go for the it girl

Back