Julep: November 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by stinkypaws /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never received my box and when I emailed C.S. they informed me that my add-on was never ordered so they put in a separate order for that. I had to email back and tell them again, I never received my subscription box which was the IT Girl box. I don't think they even read the emails before replying to them because their responses make no sense at all most of the time.  It has taken me 7 emails and they refuse to send a replacement box or refund me only offer a store credit.

This of course is only after they originally told me once the box is shipped and USPS has it they have no control over it so if it gets lost then they are not responsible. Sorry, but I completely disagree with that. I paid for a product and I expect to receive the product. 

If they can issue a store credit then why can't they send my It Girl box that I paid for??? Needless to say I have canceled my subscription and will deal with my cc company.  I'm not sure who would be happy with a store credit when they can't even send the items you actually pay for.

Not to mention their website is horrible to navigate and lacks important details about your orders that would be very helpful like tracking.
Definitely take it up with your credit card company. They can't just refuse to send you the product you paid for and not offer a refund. Sorry you had issues...That's never fun to have to fight when companies try to rip you off.

Has anyone been having issues with shipping not being free? I'm trying to use my voucher from Zulily to purchase a Christmas gift for my aunt that's way marked down (that autumn set), but it keeps adding $3.99 shipping to my order despite being a Maven. I've emailed them but haven't heard back.

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone been having issues with shipping not being free? I'm trying to use my voucher from Zulily to purchase a Christmas gift for my aunt that's way marked down (that autumn set), but it keeps adding $3.99 shipping to my order despite being a Maven. I've emailed them but haven't heard back.
I had the same problem when I used my Zulily voucher but I just paid the $3.99 shipping because it is not worth the time or hassle trying to deal with their customer service. I had already purchased my voucher before having my other problems with them so I just wanted to use it and be done with them. Nothing is ever easy with this company!

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Definitely take it up with your credit card company. They can't just refuse to send you the product you paid for and not offer a refund. Sorry you had issues...That's never fun to have to fight when companies try to rip you off.
Thanks! I have already started the claim with my cc co. and decided to file a complaint with the BBB. I'm sure it won't do any good since their rating is already an F on the BBB website but at least I will feel better :)

Thanks! I have already started the claim with my cc co. and decided to file a complaint with the BBB. I'm sure it won't do any good since their rating is already an F on the BBB website but at least I will feel better :)
I just checked BBB the reason for the F rating is because they are not a BBB accredited business, also they have only had 2 complaints filed through BBB.

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by stinkypaws /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just checked BBB the reason for the F rating is because they are not a BBB accredited business, also they have only had 2 complaints filed through BBB.

I do recommend people filing complaints with the BBB however the BBB tends to be an unfair way to see if a business is reputable or not especially depending on the amount of complaints versus rating. As you pointed out, Julep only has TWO complaints yet has a F rating which isn't an accurate representation of Julep plus it doesn't state if it's for the website OR the actual salons and if it's against the salons which one?

BTW - months ago I pointed out that the Bellevue salon didn't have a license and it still doesn't. I have spoken with a person at the Dept of Cosmetology and found out that YES the Bellevue salon is operating illegally. They MUST renew their salon license otherwise face fines and possible closure until they have a salon license.

The BBB report with the F rating is on the Bellevue salon which isn't licensed to do business.

http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/beauty-supplies-and-equipment/julep-maven-in-bellevue-wa-22692965

Business do not get an F rating for the sole reason that they are not members of the Better Business Bureau. It is not free to join and many businesss are not members for that and other reasons. They had to "earn" the F because of something in particular that they either did not do or did not respond to when the BBB contacted them. I believe that in the case of a nonresponse the BBB decides on the side of the complaining person.

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They actually have 4 closed complaints that does not include any open or pending complaints. Even though the address does show the Bellevue Parlor I believe some if not all of these complaints were meant for Julep.com.  They are not accredited because of their F rating which if is usually based on their business practices if I'm not mistaken.

So, I still haven't received my nora add-on from the November box. It is still showing as "backordered" on my account. Is anyone else still waiting on nora or anything else from November or should I try and call?

Quote: Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They actually have 4 closed complaints that does not include any open or pending complaints. Even though the address does show the Bellevue Parlor I believe some if not all of these complaints were meant for Julep.com.  They are not accredited because of their F rating which if is usually based on their business practices if I'm not mistaken.

I've pointed this out before but the Bellevue location also does not have a salon license and shouldn't be open according to the Dept of Cosmetology. So it doesn't surprise me that there are now four complaints against the Bellevue location.

Originally Posted by fanchette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, I still haven't received my nora add-on from the November box. It is still showing as "backordered" on my account. Is anyone else still waiting on nora or anything else from November or should I try and call?
I'd say call Customer Service asap!

Back