Julep: November 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mjkdior713 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So, I really love the colors (got Classic with a Twist) but I put on Minka and within hours my nails were chipping hard core.  Since it dries so fast I used polish remover on the 2 that were massively chipping and repainted them.  This morning THEY'VE CHIPPED AGAIN!!!!  I've never ever had this happen so bad with polishes!  I've never had suedes before.  Are they prone to chipping?  Oh, and Yes I did use two top coats!
Someone suggested the sandwich method on fb to combat the chipping.

1. matte top coat
  2. shiny top coat
  3. matte top coat

I was bored last night waiting for the popsugar site to work again, so I decided to put Amber on over the polish I already had on. I tried the sandwich method using Butter London Matte Top Coat & P.D Quick Top Coat and everything is still in tact with zero signs of chipping today. Still not a huge fan of Julep but I really do love these suedes.

yuck. i had horrible chipping with Nora and Hailee. I painted them last night, and by 3pm today both pointer and middle fingers had chipped to nearly halfway off, and little chips on the others. 

I will attempt the top coat sammich next time, but for now I put Caroline on my fingers and Leslie on my toes. 

I think I want to add the Nicki Minaj x OPI Black and silver chunky glitter over Caroline for some pizzaz. I like to have glitter polish on at all times, so I can hardly stand cremes without some sort of added glitter top coat, I am okay with shimmers ,but generally the sparklier the better :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really really hope it girl is 3 glitters for december :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"Deferred CIM Maven Payment" - that's if you pay using any Julep Jules.
Then that is *really* odd because I didn't use any JJs.  

But here's another thing that seems weird but might be correct (I'm on day three of a nasty cold and can't remember anything):  Did the It Girl box come with an option for fast-dry top coat?  Or was there a code for a free top coat floating around that I might have used?  I'm wondering because I received an add-on box with this stuff, but I don't recall having a code for a free bottle of this stuff, and I wouldn't have ordered it as an add-on if I had to pay for it (and I was not charged for it) because I have a four-ounce bottle of Seche Vite, but I can't figure out why they sent it to me unless this was a freebie I completely forgot about.

Also, I just noticed that my Maven order page says I should be charged $20.98:  $15.99 for the box itself and $4.99 for the add-on.  The box should have been $19.99, not $15.99, so the total should have been $24.98 -- which was what I was actually charged.  I'm sending email about the extra add-on bottle and this disconnect between the order page and the actual charge, but I wanted to mention that to give everyone the heads-up to check things over.

Originally Posted by mjkdior713 

So, I really love the colors (got Classic with a Twist) but I put on Minka and within hours my nails were chipping hard core.  Since it dries so fast I used polish remover on the 2 that were massively chipping and repainted them.  This morning THEY'VE CHIPPED AGAIN!!!!  I've never ever had this happen so bad with polishes!  I've never had suedes before.  Are they prone to chipping?  Oh, and Yes I did use two top coats!
I haven't experienced any chipping, just some slight tip wear.  So far, Amber is wearing like any normal polish for me.  I really wonder if body/nail chemistry is a factor, as I haven't had problems with chipping with any of the Julep polishes thus far. 

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't experienced any chipping, just some slight tip wear.  So far, Amber is wearing like any normal polish for me.  I really wonder if body/nail chemistry is a factor, as I haven't had problems with chipping with any of the Julep polishes thus far. 
What did you use in terms of a base and/or top coat?

Originally Posted by FoxxyNiki /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What did you use in terms of a base and/or top coat?
I used Seche Vite base coat, no top coat.  I'm going on day 3 with minimal tip wear, no chips.  I usually go about 5-6 days per manicure, and so far Amber is wearing quite well.

i have major issues with Julep polish, even with a top coat m polish chips in 2 days, and my matte one (with the matte top coat) chipped within hours.

I'm having good luck with Hailee so far - over 24 hours with no chips.  I used three thin coats over the Julep basecoat (before reading that basecoat isn't recommended for suedes).  It dries so incredibly fast that using thin coats seemed to help get consistent coverage with no bubbles.

I've emailed customer service at Julep several times with questions since I started in June and they are quite timely and helpful with their responses. I've been able to take care of everything in an email without having to call. This includes questions regarding our extra November points, how to remove an add-on when I changed my mind, and shipping questions too. Nice replies and I'm very happy with their customer service.

I find my chipping depends more on how much housework and bathing I'm doing. When I take a shower I usually get out missing bits of nail polish, sometimes major sections that I would call bigger than a chip. I hate not having a dishwasher and have to wash by hand which also makes my nails chip more.

This is my 5th day of wear, and you can see tip wear and some slight chipping, but nothing I'd consider unusual at 5 days.

Has anyone else not received their box yet? I still haven't received mine and my shipping isn't updated, but oddly enough I did receive my add on (the matte top coat) over a week ago. I emailed customer service but haven't heard back yet....

Has anyone else not received their box yet? I still haven't received mine and my shipping isn't updated, but oddly enough I did receive my add on (the matte top coat) over a week ago. I emailed customer service but haven't heard back yet....
Did you get an upgraded box? My tracking still hasn't updated since the 4th I plan on calling tomorrow to see if it actually shipped or not.

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you get an upgraded box? My tracking still hasn't updated since the 4th I plan on calling tomorrow to see if it actually shipped or not.
I upgraded and my box still hasn't shipped. I have been trying to call all morning. After holding on the line for several minutes each time, it then tells me no can answer the phone, leave a message. I have called 5 times already and no answer.

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No - just the normal Maven box, I think it was the Boho Glam one. I finally got a response from Juelp CS though....there's what they said:

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We sincerely apologize for the delay in shipping. We have noticed that our Mavens on the East Coast are experiencing shipping delays due to Hurricane Sandy. Additionally, the tracking information for these orders are also delayed. If the box has not arrived by the end of the week, let us know and we will be happy to further assist. I’m glad to hear that your add-on has arrived, I use the Matte Top Coat all the time and absolutely love it!

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any further questions or concerns. Until next time, have a great day and shine on!

SO - maybe it is because I live in NJ.  I finally have power back at home after a ridiculous amount of time, and all I want to do is paint my nails!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I never received my box and when I emailed C.S. they informed me that my add-on was never ordered so they put in a separate order for that. I had to email back and tell them again, I never received my subscription box which was the IT Girl box. I don't think they even read the emails before replying to them because their responses make no sense at all most of the time.  It has taken me 7 emails and they refuse to send a replacement box or refund me only offer a store credit.

This of course is only after they originally told me once the box is shipped and USPS has it they have no control over it so if it gets lost then they are not responsible. Sorry, but I completely disagree with that. I paid for a product and I expect to receive the product. 

If they can issue a store credit then why can't they send my It Girl box that I paid for??? Needless to say I have canceled my subscription and will deal with my cc company.  I'm not sure who would be happy with a store credit when they can't even send the items you actually pay for.

Not to mention their website is horrible to navigate and lacks important details about your orders that would be very helpful like tracking.

I received my box (pretty late) but I still haven't received my addon, which I paid for with Jules.  I had to resend them an email today, as I never heard back from one I sent exactly a week ago so.  Here's hoping.  At LEAST give me my Jules back, yeesh.

I got my box today, the shipping never updated until it made it to the post office and was ready for pick up. In all it only took 11 days since it shipped out on the 4th.

Back