Julep: November 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by alpina0560 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

boo! I don't have that option!
Did you get the november box? : If you did it should show up, but it's only available to people who get the boxes that month.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you get the november box? : If you did it should show up, but it's only available to people who get the boxes that month.
oh that makes sense, I just signed up like 3 days ago so that's probably why!

Why would Julep announce the holiday collection today? Not that November 1st isn't a good day launch a holiday with 20% off, but with repeats of the November colors is the problem I have with this strategy. I really like that Gem Collection in the jewelry box but now I'm not going to buy it because I just got Hailee in the mail today and Amber is one of my add ons in transit. Donna was also a November color a lot of people bought and I think I remember seeing Gayle recently. Julep wanted to be slick and wait for people to pay for their boxes and add ons so they don't skip, but now I am not going to buy this because I don't want two duplicates I just bought. If they had announced this I would've selected a different box and add on combination so I could get this as well. Julep missed the opportunity on that one. Btw having access to the "Secret Shop" is not worth not skipping for, I will skip if I don't like the colors, the 'shop adds zero value it's just random groupings of past colors.

just painted my nails and I am loving the suedes
claps.gif

Didn't get my add on (I haven't been keeping up with this thread, should I call them about that, it's like I never added it on, when I did?!!) but omg SO FREAKING IN LOVE WITH MY BOMBSHELL BOX!!! I haz my nails painted the beautiful blue right now. It's purrrfection! 

My box arrived yesterday and it was indeed the upgraded I originally ordered. I also think I'm in love with the suedes!

So, I really love the colors (got Classic with a Twist) but I put on Minka and within hours my nails were chipping hard core.  Since it dries so fast I used polish remover on the 2 that were massively chipping and repainted them.  This morning THEY'VE CHIPPED AGAIN!!!!  I've never ever had this happen so bad with polishes!  I've never had suedes before.  Are they prone to chipping?  Oh, and Yes I did use two top coats!

Mattes tend to chip quicker than gloss-finishes. I had a nail flake while in the shower this morning, after putting on Hailee last night, base coat, 2 coats of polish and then Julep's matte topcoat.

I'm going to play with the suedes and my SV topcoat later, versus my Nails Inc matte topcoat on and see how that changes the finish versus durability.

Even with the flaked nail, I'm still in love with the color and finish. It looks like it should be textured, but it feels so soft.

I was happy when my daughter said my box came in yesterday. And when I got home and seen a GOLD box, I was SUPER EXCITED! 
yay.gif

Originally Posted by monica75052 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was happy when my daughter said my box came in yesterday. And when I got home and seen a GOLD box, I was SUPER EXCITED! 
yay.gif

Congratulations!!!!!

Originally Posted by monica75052 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yay.gif

Awesome! I was a little afraid they'd still doing that since they started the upgrade boxes, but I'm glad they're still doing gold boxes. 'Grats!

How cool!! How do the gold boxes work? This is my first month with julep. I've heard of the mystery boxes, but could someone explain the difference? Thanks!

Thanks ladies!  I was so excited when I got it that I took a pic of it unopened first.  I know, I am crazy.  My kids thought maybe I had won the lottery, not quite but close.  lol! 

Parisnicole1989, they randomly send out Gold boxes to subscribers.  So it's literally a surprise when you receive it.  I can't wait to hear who else got one. 

I used Hailee on my nails as soon as I got it. The colors are real dark to me on the suedes. I  did everything you should and my nails still chipped alot too. I am not too happy with Julep right now about a few things. Talking to CS hasn't helped either. Love their colors but I think I am canceling them.

Oh goodness, my Julep box FINALLY shipped. So excited, finally. I didn't harass them at all about it, even though it took forever. So don't give up hope yet, the rest of you all!

Since I signed up late to Julep, and I was in desperate need to try out a suede polish, I bought Nora from Sephora. I put it on last night, just got out of the shower and they are as good as new!! I skipped a base and top coat!

Originally Posted by alpina0560 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since I signed up late to Julep, and I was in desperate need to try out a suede polish, I bought Nora from Sephora. I put it on last night, just got out of the shower and they are as good as new!! I skipped a base and top coat!
If you want to grab more suedes, they have some curated sets up! http://www.julep.com/gifts/peaceful-trio.html = Hailee / Minka / Brit. If you use HOLIDAY20 it should be another 20% so like $20.80 for 3? Or ~$7 for one... cheaper than buying the rest from Sephora.

That's pretty close to what you'd get for a box anyway, since $20 for 3 polishes is what they usually have for It Girl

I got my complete collection yesterday.  It took two emails and a phone call to get my box right.  They still haven't charged me the extra $30.  I'll be interested to see if they ever do.

Latest posts

Back