Julep: November 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bleh. Maven's Choice sucks. Trina has been repeated so many times. Wish it was the peacock blue with the matte top coat.

Originally Posted by Yolanda Horton /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It Girl with Minka, Brit and Amber added on hopeing that the Maven box doesnt change my mind...lol.

Does anyone know.. If you dont use the Jules on this box and pay the full price do you get more jules??? I have been looking all over the site for the the dollar amount to jules?
If you pay for your box and don't use any Jules you earn 300 Jules.

How many Jules do I earn if I purchase prepaid Maven subscription? You will earn 300 Jules for each month of Maven you prepay for.

Originally Posted by sprite9034 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can anyone else not change their style or skip the month?

I emailed customer service, but just wondering if anyone else was having trouble.
This happened to me too.  Just refresh your page until it works.  It took about 3 refreshes for me but I was finally able to change my style.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you pay for your box and don't use any Jules you earn 300 Jules.
So if we don't use the 900 bonus jules they will take away 600 so we only receive 300 this time? I'd rather save them the waste it on a 5 add on.

So if we don't use the 900 bonus jules they will take away 600 so we only receive 300 this time? I'd rather save them the waste it on a 5 add on.
If you SKIP November entirely, you don't get the 600 Jules/points. I think the comment was more a general statement and geared towards members like myself; not a blogger and not a referral to my name, which leaves me no other way to accumulate the points.

Thanks Zadidoll for your help! I noticed under a way to earn Jules that you got 200 for your birthday. Mine was in October so I emailed them and they emailed me back within the hour and added the points. They are really helpful and great customer service goes along ways with me!

Originally Posted by Musegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This happened to me too.  Just refresh your page until it works.  It took about 3 refreshes for me but I was finally able to change my style.
Thanks! I tried opening the page several times without anything changing, so I didn't think to try refreshing.

Thanks especially since Julep's customer service hasn't gotten back to me yet :/

Thanks Zadidoll for your help! I noticed under a way to earn Jules that you got 200 for your birthday. Mine was in October so I emailed them and they emailed me back within the hour and added the points. They are really helpful and great customer service goes along ways with me!
That's a nice perk!

On another note, how do we feel about the new maven intro boxes...? The new +1 product item is the Cuticle oil rather than the pedi prep. Shame... I actually really liked the pedi prep, and it was pretty much the singular reason I stayed with Julep even when I disliked the polishes' formula at first. I feel like with cuticle oil it's much harder to tell.

I'm also really not feeling any of the neutral/beige/greige of the two polishes they're putting in all of the intro boxes... 

American Beauty

Stefani – American Beauty: Gold flecked grey metallic   Lynn – American Beauty: Nude, blush pearl

Boho Glam

Toni – Boho Glam: Grey crème with a hint of purple   Michelle – Boho Glam: Midnight, inky blue

Bombshell

Eva – Bombshell: Juicy raspberry crème   Viola – Bombshell: Deepest dark purple crème

Classic with a Twist

Sophie – Classic with a Twist: Trina Turk Fall '12 chic truffle mushroom crème   Jodie– Classic with a Twist: Classic with a Twist: Rosey mauve with gold shimmer

It Girl

Delaunay – It Girl: Trina Turk Fall '12 chili pepper red crème   Daphne – It Girl: Smoky seafoam green crème   Otte – It Girl: Trina Turk Fall '12 rich camel neutral crème

I selected the whole collection, but I'm thinking about switching to It Girl and just adding Amber and Minka and saving the $20. MC box is lame IMO, does anyone like it?

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I selected the whole collection, but I'm thinking about switching to It Girl and just adding Amber and Minka and saving the $20. MC box is lame IMO, does anyone like it?
I actually really like mavens choice lol. I wanted trina and the matte top coat, but didn't want to do any add ons, and I'm not crazy about the suedes. I also am needing a new body scrub so it's kind of perfect for me. 

I really love the maven's choice also.  I'm not a huge nail person... which is sort of why I signed up, so they can just make my nail fashion choices for me haha.  But I really, really like Julep's products, so I always opt for whatever box has the most products.  I kind of only wear white/black/gray/neutrals too, so perfect for my color-scared self!

I think I'm skipping. I was SOOOO excited for suedes month ago, but they're not really doing it for me. I don't really want one of the colors in each box and the body item says shea butter. Their scrub had shea butter and was far too greasy for me, so this box I just don't think is for me. I'd rather pick one up later if I get Jules at some point instead.

If anyone's still having problems skipping/changing, try a different web browser.  I did and then I was able to view the other choices and it showed the option to skip and all.

So I decided to go with the Boho Glam box this month, and add on the matte top coat. But, when I go into my account now, it says that the matte top coat is on back order?? Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas?????

So I'm a little peeved with Julep right now...I've been trying since the window opened to select my box. I had subscribed for one month a while back, didn't like it, then cancelled. I emailed them at the beginning of this month to sign back up. Well, I hadn't been able to log in and finally I was able to. Now I can't pick anything and they've already charged me. I called on Saturday morning and was told there were "technical issues"... ok...that's fine..I was told to keep trying. Would have expected some points for the trouble of having to call, but whatever. I periodically check back in the rest of the weekend and today and still can't choose my box. I called this afternoon and was told they are still having "technical issues" and to keep trying and give them a call back... I don't have time to keep calling and checking. I wasn't offered anything except to keep doing what I've been doing. I'm not trying to be prissy in saying I want something, but after having cancelled and then coming back, you would think they might want to keep me around the second time. Plus the girl kept talking over me when I explained to her that my card had been charged twice. I know she wasn't trying to be rude, but it came across that way when I was trying to explain my situation and she wouldn't stop interrupting me. Eugh.... I hope it gets fixed tomorrow. 

What happened to the "my orders" section? I thought it was there the other day, but I don't see it now. I was able to skip today (finally). Before that, I only had the 300 Jules for being an existing member. After I skipped they gave me 900 for being a November Maven, which I'm not. Their new site is just too wonky.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I didn't want anything else other than the matte top coat, I'd be all over it. I like Trina as a color, and the scrub is a great way to try it without spending a fortune. I personally think this month's MC box is good, (I really didn't like last month's at all) and I like that they're offering this as a selection/option on top of the normal boxes.

I had originally elected to use my Jules to get a free box this month but I changed my mind and skipped. I don't see an option to reclaim my jules. Will they just get credited back to my account since I've decided to skip?

I think you need to contact their customer service since you should have reclaimed your Jules first then skipped.

Latest posts

Back