Julep: November 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMFG! I LOOOOOVE my regular Bombshell box so much this month. PURRRRFECTION! I'm adding on the body scrub stuffs because I love that sort of thing, but the two colors couldn't have been more ideal for me. They are two colors I've been lusting over the last month or so.

Originally Posted by xoxoelyse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you guys think Donna compares to Eloise from last month? I got Eloise last month and want to get Donna too but they do look really similar
The bottle pictures on Julep make them look similar but if you look at swatches of them they are pretty different.

Julep seems to have an issue with their polishes looking much different in the bottles than on the nail -- Caroline and Leslie from this month's IT Girl were both like that. Nora also looks way more purple in the bottle than it does on the nail. It seems more like silver-tinted purple from their swatches, so I'd say trust the swatches more than the bottle.

I'm also liking that there are colors to pick from in the add-ons that are not in the boxes. Granted, I didn't buy any of them as I already received Demi and Diane in one of the mystery boxes and I'm particular on what topcoat I use. But.... I like that option in general.

Originally Posted by xoxoelyse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't decide between it girl and bombshell! What is everyone else getting??
I think I'm going to stick with Boho Glam!

Good thing I went back to check my account because it turns out it didn't add on the add ons. After saving the add ons a second time my final price was 7,250 Jules.

Reward Program
  • 27950 Jules available Apply
  • 7250 Jules applied Reclaim

After thinking about it I decided to switch back to the normal box and selected Bombshell. The reason I ended up changing my mind was because 7250 Jules is 3+ months worth of boxes. As much as I want all the colors this month I don't think I want to waste my Jules on it.

The downside to selecting Bombshell is that I already own Trina so that will go up for trade.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered the complete set and added on the three polishes not part of the large set. Jules cost 5300 Jules. So now I'm left with 30000 Jules. Also if you pay for something with your Jules then decide against it you can "recover" the Jules.
Wow that seems like a pretty good deal, where is the option to order the complete set?  

Originally Posted by eliza7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered the complete set and added on the three polishes not part of the large set. Jules cost 5300 Jules. So now I'm left with 30000 Jules. Also if you pay for something with your Jules then decide against it you can "recover" the Jules.
Wow that seems like a pretty good deal, where is the option to order the complete set?  

I ended up changing my mind. LOL

That set was 5,000 Jules and each add on polish another 750 so the final total 7,250. That's like three+ months worth (2,000 x 3) just to get all the polishes. I ended up switching to Bombshell because I wanted the peacock blue polish and will end up trading Trina because I already own it. I MIGHT still switch to It girl so I can get the matte polish then add on the peacock blue for 2,750 Jules instead. I'm not sure yet.

I selected the whole set, but may change my mind. Ulta is having Butter London buy 2 get 1 free, I already did this once this week but I'm going back to Ulta today and might do it again. I want to wait and see the Mavens Choice box or I might just get It Girl and add on Amber or Minka, I love bronzy colors.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I selected the whole set, but may change my mind. Ulta is having Butter London buy 2 get 1 free, I already did this once this week but I'm going back to Ulta today and might do it again. I want to wait and see the Mavens Choice box or I might just get It Girl and add on Amber or Minka, I love bronzy colors.
You could consider the Coterie on Butter london deal instead? $8 for 2 BL. https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/129715/probably-dead-butter-london-back-on-coterie-2-for-3 (scroll to the bottom of the page)

Here're the "proper" swatches from their blog.

American Beauty

Amber: Golden bronze suede

Brit: Graphite silver suede

Boho Glam

Nora: Silver aubergine suede Amber: Golden bronze suede

Bombshell

Donna: Smokey peacock blue crème Trina: Deep aubergine shimmer   Also I included Eloise from last month to compare with Donna. They do look pretty different.

Classic with a Twist

Brit: Graphite silver suede Minka: Copper red suede

It Girl

Nora: Silver aubergine suede Hailee: Khaki green suede

So to recap, the colors in this month's box are

Amber: Golden bronze suede (American Beauty, Boho Glam) Brit: Graphite silver suede (American Beautym CwaT) Nora: Silver aubergine suede (Boho Glam, IT Girl) Donna: Smokey peacock blue crème (Bombshell) Trina: Deep aubergine shimmer (Bombshell) Minka: Copper red suede (CwaT) Hailee: Khaki green suede (IT Girl)

Are the swatches wet and dry or with a matte or glossy topcoat?
The matte ones are with no topcoat. The shiny ones are with a regular (glossy) topcoat.

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Donna looks much brighter and a touch lighter to me. Eloise is quite muted and dusty. I think Donna is Eloise's brighter sister.
Hmm your right now that I look at them! Thanks! Ugh there are so many good choices this month I am having such a hard time deciding!

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here're the "proper" swatches from their blog.

American Beauty

Amber: Golden bronze suede

Brit: Graphite silver suede

Boho Glam

Nora: Silver aubergine suede Amber: Golden bronze suede

Bombshell

Donna: Smokey peacock blue crème Trina: Deep aubergine shimmer   Also I included Eloise from last month to compare with Donna. They do look pretty different.

Classic with a Twist

Brit: Graphite silver suede Minka: Copper red suede

It Girl

Nora: Silver aubergine suede Hailee: Khaki green suede

So to recap, the colors in this month's box are

Amber: Golden bronze suede (American Beauty, Boho Glam) Brit: Graphite silver suede (American Beautym CwaT) Nora: Silver aubergine suede (Boho Glam, IT Girl) Donna: Smokey peacock blue crème (Bombshell) Trina: Deep aubergine shimmer (Bombshell) Minka: Copper red suede (CwaT) Hailee: Khaki green suede (IT Girl)
Thank you for posting comparison pics of eloise and donna! This makes me justify having both hehe ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So they look glossy when wet and dry to the suede finish? That's cool.
I think the glossy ones are with a regular top coat, but I may be mistaken. 

Back