Julep: November 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Argh - I checked my orders under "store" and it's charging me 3 dollars for the bombshell box. I'm so confused! 

I don't think it is working correctly at all. It let me apply 1000 Jules and is charging me $8.00 for It Girl.

Originally Posted by maeiland /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My try a new style button isn't working. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Mine isn't working either!  Anyone else having this issue?  We have until the 24th to choose, right? I hope it's working by then :-/

I also only see one option for an add-on... a pink bath set.  I thought there are usually more options for add ons?

I haven't gotten the email I normally get showing the boxes and stuff.I also don't see them on their site, but I have not used their site much since they changed it. Can anyone tell me where to look to see all the boxes for the month?

I upgraded to the whole set! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That basically takes the remainder of my points, but whatever. I think it'll be worth it!

Originally Posted by heather4602 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't gotten the email I normally get showing the boxes and stuff.I also don't see them on their site, but I have not used their site much since they changed it. Can anyone tell me where to look to see all the boxes for the month?
I don't think anyone has received the email yet.

I think they're still tweaking the site.  The email still hasn't been sent out, after all.  I can see all of the add-on options, but when I try to switch to another style (I'm thinking about getting the whole set), there are some major formatting issues, and I can only see maybe a tenth of the text.  As for the add-ons, I'm confused because there are add-ons in there that I don't believe are in this month's boxes, like Diane, quick-dry top coat, and Demi.  On the up side, you can add three this time around instead of just two.  

ETA:  As for where to see the boxes, after you log into your account, hover over My Account at the top, then click on My Maven Profile under My Account, then click on My Maven Subscription in the main part of the page.  You should see your box there.  It took me *ages* to find that, although it's also possible that it just took them ages to get it loaded.

I skipped the past couple of months but I'm getting the American beauty set and adding on Trina. LOVE fall manis. Is it $50 for the whole set? The site is all wonky and I can't see the price.

Thank you Meaganola  for your help! I don't think I would have ever found it if it was not for those directions. There are a lot of pretty colors this time! I have skipped the pass few months but I don't think I will this time!

Here are the pics of the boxes. I noticed I had more available from my iPhone using Safari than my Mac Book Pro also using Safari as add ons. I switched to It Girl since I did not like the products last time they had a tub of cream or scrub.I would rather get a matte top coat this time around. All of the tubs are the "Body Frosting" and the Scrub is only available as an add on or in the full set.

Full Collection

American Beauty

Boho Glam

Bomb Shell

Classic With a Twist

It Girl

I think I am just going to go with IT Girl because I really don't want to get the pink grapefruit body butter and I was really wanting the top coat. I did notice the top coat is described as "Creates an ultimate matte suede finish." So hopefully this wont change the look of the suede polish at all when used.

Their site is efffed up. I can't even't click on any of the buttons to see the other styles. And the only add on I get is the non-polish. And this would be the month I want to buy the full set. Soooo frustrated.

Edit.... in the fastest turnaround time calling them and answering. The gal I talked to said that after you load the page and it's being wonky, you have to click the refresh page on the browser itself for the site to work. Apparently I wasn't the only one this happened to and she said she had this happen to her this morning.

How do you guys think Donna compares to Eloise from last month? I got Eloise last month and want to get Donna too but they do look really similar

I ordered the complete set and added on the three polishes not part of the large set. Jules cost 5300 Jules. So now I'm left with 30000 Jules. Also if you pay for something with your Jules then decide against it you can "recover" the Jules.

Ok I changed my style, selected my add-ons, & hit apply jules.

I had 1200 jules and it applied 750 to my order. Where do I go to see how much I will owe, if any, after the applied jules?

Edit: Nevermind I found it. ;p

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I am just going to go with IT Girl because I really don't want to get the pink grapefruit body butter and I was really wanting the top coat. I did notice the top coat is described as "Creates an ultimate matte suede finish." So hopefully this wont change the look of the suede polish at all when used.
If this works like the essie matte coat I have, it doesn't do anything to the look of the suede.  I taped off sections of one nail and did same-nail swatch comparisons using my OPI Ink Suede a while ago:  Just the suede, the suede plus a standard top coat, the suede plus the matte top coat, and the suede plus the standard top coat under the matte top coat.  The only part that looked different was the suede-plus-regular-top-coat.  And here's something to keep in mind about suedes/mattes:  Oil (as in hand lotion) can make them shiny, as will regular wear (I think all of the paper shuffling I do at work makes matte polish shiny and shiny polish matte), so if you want to keep the dull matte/suede finish, just use a matte top coat, and you're back to the original matte/suede finish.

How do you guys think Donna compares to Eloise from last month? I got Eloise last month and want to get Donna too but they do look really similar
Donna looks much brighter and a touch lighter to me. Eloise is quite muted and dusty. I think Donna is Eloise's brighter sister.

Back