Julep: November 2014 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Secret Store just ate all my money and now I know why my credit card disappeared for a couple of hours yesterday: it knew what was coming. I pre-ordered the Sugar Plum duo, the Fa La La Trio, the Stargazer set (THOSE EYELINER COLORSSSS. LIKE EYES ALL AGLOW BUT BIGGER), and the Dancing lipstick trio. Oops?

I got to pick up two of the namesake polish of one of my roomies, so yay! I can gift her one and keep the other.

The Black Friday sale and official holiday collection reveal are going to wreck everything.

This blogger has all the secret store items:

http://schooledlife.wordpress.com/2014/10/29/julep-november-secret-store/

You can't visit the main page, but you should still be able to add these to your cart and check out.

As for if you can use codes, what i heard is that you can on addons / not SS items. I believe they will count towards your total (like $10 off $20 for example) but you do have to add something else.

I am going to need Ruth, for sure.  FINALLY they came out with another glitter glaze.  The only other one I have seen is from the gem collection (the 12 polish set in the white box) set last year (that I got for my best friend).  Forget what the name was called, but it was a pinkish color.  anywho.  I don't see Sky anywhere still?  Also, some of these collections that are pre-order, have no new polishes, so I find it kind of silly.  But they are still nice sets.  AND whoever added on the Bare Body trio set with November's box saved about $7.00 because I am pretty sure the add-on was only $21.00.  I wonder how much these polishes will be on November 5, and if they will debut as the same exact sets.

How long is the secret store open? Are there any codes that work in the store?

I was wondering about codes too...
You can use codes if you add non-SS items to your cart. I thought the holiday items were too pricey but I really wanted Austen. I got Austen from the SS and Taryn (non-SS polish) and added on Alex, used the 20plus code and only paid $11 something. The 15plus code should work for a free polish when you spend over $15, as long as the free polish isn't in the SS (the $15 can be SS stuff though).

You can use codes if you add non-SS items to your cart. I thought the holiday items were too pricey but I really wanted Austen. I got Austen from the SS and Taryn (non-SS polish) and added on Alex, used the 20plus code and only paid $11 something. The 15plus code should work for a free polish when you spend over $15, as long as the free polish isn't in the SS (the $15 can be SS stuff though).
Ahhh, I wish I didn't know this. I just went back into the SS and bought the Northern Lights collection so I could add on Mona.

This brings my total number of polishes ordered from Julep this month to 13.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my box last night.....I'd ordered Kiki (the oceanic blue) and Fazia (garnet shimmer).  Both are darker than I expected.   I swatched Fazia, and it's so dark it's hard to see any red.

I did a mani with Kiki last night, I'm especially disappointed with that. It looked a lot more silvery/frosty in the image that it does on the nail.  It's a straight-up teal with a tiny bit of shimmer.  No silver at all.  From a distance you could easily mistake it for a creme. 

I'm hoping I like the mascara, because I don't think I'll be getting much use out of either of the polishes.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got my box last night.....I'd ordered Kiki (the oceanic blue) and Fazia (garnet shimmer).  Both are darker than I expected.   I swatched Fazia, and it's so dark it's hard to see any red.
Oh wow, I had Marla originally but switched to Fazia last minute because I thought Marla would be too black.

Did everyone get an extra Plie wand overcap in their box? 

I know it's to promote their Plie wand, but I thought it was kind of odd since the cap is totally useless by itself. 

And it's not like I'm going to spend an extra $20 just so I can use the free cap...

Not sure how just the cap is supposed to entice anyone. 

Did everyone get an extra Plie wand overcap in their box? 

I know it's to promote their Plie wand, but I thought it was kind of odd since the cap is totally useless by itself. 

And it's not like I'm going to spend an extra $20 just so I can use the free cap...

Not sure how just the cap is supposed to entice anyone.
I got one also. I think it's kind of silly, but I do have a wand so it's kind of helpful (except I always forget to use it!):-[

SO.  I really want the gem collection, but most def not spending 98$ on it.  I also already have two of Beatrix and one of Ciara.  hmmm I wonder if it will be cheaper sometime this month, like in the Secret Store for December.  Last year I think I paid $48.00 for it.

SO.  I really want the gem collection, but most def not spending 98$ on it.  I also already have two of Beatrix and one of Ciara.  hmmm I wonder if it will be cheaper sometime this month, like in the Secret Store for December.  Last year I think I paid $48.00 for it.
Oh my God yessssss. I want the gem collection so badly for the new colors in it, but $98 is way more than what I want to pay considering I own six colors in it already. The DROP30 code brings the price down to about $75, but that's still one hell of a chunk of change to lose.

I'm right there with you in hoping it will go on sale soonish or end up in the Secret Store.

Oh wow, I had Marla originally but switched to Fazia last minute because I thought Marla would be too black.
I put it on one of their spoons last night, and it's not quite so bad as I thought it would be from the smaller swatch. It's a very dark red but definitely red.   So there's still hope that you'll like it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What do you all think of the mascaras? I've been using the Length Matters for the last couple of days.  It looks fantastic when you first put it on, but man, does it flake.   I seem to get about 6 hours out of it before it all ends up under my eyes.  

I usually love their cosmetics, but yikes, this is bad. 

Oh my God yessssss. I want the gem collection so badly for the new colors in it, but $98 is way more than what I want to pay considering I own six colors in it already. The DROP30 code brings the price down to about $75, but that's still one hell of a chunk of change to lose.

I'm right there with you in hoping it will go on sale soonish or end up in the Secret Store.
Yeah I tried the drop30 code and it brought mine down to $69 something...I would still rather pay between $40 and $50 like I did last time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> let's hope for the best! 

I just received my box - I added on 2 mystery polishes and Joanne, so I got the 2 free 'gift' polishes. The mystery colors in my box are: Roc Solid, Eden, Linden, and Nadia. I love them! They are all shades of the colors I wear regularly (blues/purples/greens/yellows/greys). Julep was on point this month for me!

Got my box yesterday! Fazia is gorgeous and true to promo pics in the bottle, but more of a garnet color on the nail, like blackened maroon. It's dark, but definitely not black. It's almost what I expected Jillian to be, from last year's December collection. Jillian looked like a reddish dark eggplant in promo pics but ended up being more brown in person.

Sawyer is beautiful as well. It's a duochrome, like it appears in the meet-up photos. I don't know why the eff Julep doesn't just advertise that in the description, or why they can't do accurate swatches. I haven't tried it on my nails yet.

Back