Julep: November 2014 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made up a box with the two mascaras, and did Fazia and Kiki as add-ons.   Gorgeous colors for the holidays.....Kiki reminds me of silvery blue foil wrapping paper, and Fazia is like the color of those satiny glass tree ornaments.  Just that deep, glowing red. 

I have enough jules for a free box so I opted for Core Classics. Mainly I wanted the tool but I am out of drying drops. The color combos were not to my liking and I have a box full of new full size and deluxe size mascaras.

I'm wondering the same thing. I love the lipstick colors so since I skipped this month it seems likely they'll only be offered in the SS, lol.

I'm wondering if Beth, Chantel and Sky will be released in the SS only just to make more people take boxes.  Maybe like a champagne trio type set.  Their blog post says that some holiday gifts will be previewed in the SS this month.

Capture.JPG

I'm so excited about the Holiday collection! While I'm not usually jazzed about glitter polishes, for some reason the collection intrigues me, as in enough to upgrade, which I've only ever done once in almost 2 years. I loved the deep red this month but not enough to get the box. I'm in sub box mascara overload and since it does expire eventually, even when unopened, I need to work my way through my inventory first before adding any more to the growing pile.

If that's the case, I'd recommend you write on their FB wall and say just that.  Since it's public, they'll usually do their best to smooth over any wrinkles.

And you haven't gotten your Oct box yet? Ridiculous.
So, I finally received my first boxes, the October Box and Trick or Treat Mystery Box. They were pretty good, even though there was already overlap in the colors. I love the formula though so I decided to add on Joanne and the Plie Wand set.

How does the Secret Store work? Do any of the add-ons usually end up in there for less $$? Am I safe adding them on to my monthly box?

Skipped.  I feel like I already have dupes of all the colors this month.

And I'm 50 pts away from a free box.   :rolleyes:

So, I finally received my first boxes, the October Box and Trick or Treat Mystery Box. They were pretty good, even though there was already overlap in the colors. I love the formula though so I decided to add on Joanne and the Plie Wand set.

How does the Secret Store work? Do any of the add-ons usually end up in there for less $$? Am I safe adding them on to my monthly box?

The secret store is just a random assortment of previously released products and colors at a discount. It's kind of a gamble each month if the SS is good or bad but I think I saw on here that they may be releasing holiday items in it this month. If you see a color you want to add on that is your best bet and until it shows up in savvy deals or you have a discount code the price won't get lower.

*sorry, I'm on mobile and messed up the formatting but I hope this answers your question about the secret store!

Last edited by a moderator:
I skipped this month. The colors are fine but there are other things I want to spend my money on!

Also, I have 3000 Jules (enough for a fee box) but am saving them for a collection I really like/want. Does anyone know if Jules still expire? I have been hoarding these for a while and would hate for them to disappear, but I really want to use them on a good collection.

To the person asking about how the Secret Store works, this month they will have their Holiday kits Jane Park herself said this. Usually it is products that are popular that are placed in along with some they are trying to clear out at discounted price. They also always release the new gemstone polish in the SS. They always post some options on Facebook for people to vote what they want to see in the SS too.

Aaaaaand I skipped.  Nothing was that exciting. Not to mention I don't need ANOTHER mascara from another box.  Julep needs to chill on the cosmetics and focus on making awesome polishes.  If they had actually credited me with the free box they'd promised me for the jacked up nasty skincare mess that was the jewel heist mystery box...  nah....  i still would've skipped this month.

I skipped.  They annoyed me too  much with shipping other orders in the last month.

I was all set to receive the PLU then Llarowe just had to go and tempt me with a 3 CbL Lucky Mystery Bag. Long story short, I too have skipped.  :rolleyes:

I skipped. I just got my October box. The bright side they gave me lots of Jules. I will probably order the December box. Hopefully it's nice. I love giving them to my daughter's teachers. I also put beauty product in their gift boxes. It's always a major hit.

I chose Sawyer because the sneak peek swatches look duochrome, and the app description calls it a duochrome even though Julep's official swatches and description don't show this. I'm trusting the meetup swatches to be the most accurate.

Fazia was my second pick because even though Julep has a lot of red shimmers, I think Fazia might actually be a new red for them. It's really dark, but not oxblood or something that will look black most of the time. It's a dark, shimmery, fancy red. Plus I think it'll look like velvet with a matte top coat over it. Can't wait to try this out!

For the last one I was going to gamble on Shari, but I want to wait for real-life swatches that show how opaque/sheer it is, and if it reads more pink or white.

The google hangout video that Jane did convinced me to try the Go Big mascara, even though all the official photos look awful. It's a mascara meant for layering, and she said something in the video about how dry mascaras are the WORST to use for layering. Also, she briefly showed bottles of the whole collection, and Fazia looked beautiful and Sawyer had that duochrome look. I was initially really disappointed that I'd prepaid for November, but now I'm really excited for my picks.

I'm glad they're doing meetups with sneak peeks. I know a lot of people were wishing they'd send out polishes in advance to bloggers to review so we could get accurate swatches. The meetups seem like a good way to get peeks out without spoiling the surprise entirely, and also building on their "beauty is about connection" thing.

So Sky and Beth are nowhere to be found haha   I was excited for Sky.  Oh well.  I am only (probably) taking a box this month because I am almost out of my brown shimmer gel glider.  I honestly think that most of these colors are dupes.  Like completely.  I swear, I really hope November 20th is exciting.   I am sooo over these fall dupes.! 
Do you think they could be the 'mystery polishes' this month? Or most likely show up in the Secret Store?

Back