Julep: November 2014 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you know you don't care much about julep anymore when you forget today's the day the window opens until you see posts in this thread. Skip. Only one I want is Bonnie and I'd rather get it next month for $5 since I will probably take a December box if they actually have a bunch of glitters. I wish they would stop putting tada drops in everything. I already have 2 unopened bottles I never use.

I'm opting for these this month...

julep nov.png

I can't wait for the Secret Store this month! Yay for holiday sets! ^_^

I ended up skipping. There are just 2 polishes that I'm interested in and nothing else available that I wanted to swap in to my box. I'll pick up the 2 that I like later if they're still around. Not a bad collection, but several dupes for me.

Also, when I went to try to customize my box I wasn't able to and was asked if I wanted to upgrade to My Maven. I upgraded but I thought that was odd since I upgraded to My Maven 4 months ago and have customized 3/4 of my boxes since.

Apparently, I have a prepaid box left? I'm not sure if I should trust in that (I know I didn't pay for one more). But, I was able to get 4 polishes and 2 of the new eye glider colours for 3100 Jules. So, I'm happy. Really liking this collection and I love the gliders. I could only edit the box via the mobile site (not the app as I'm an android).

Last edited by a moderator:
Skipped. This was an easy decision to make this month. I even forgot it was the 20th and the window until I received the reveal email.

Aww first time I forgot it was the 20th and the reveal window was open :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Not really interested in mascara this month as I have a few that I love atm, so I'll see if I can pick up the polishes I do like (Kiki, Devon) next month.  

I skipped.  I took advantage of the Rescue Beauty Lounge buy two get one free sale over the weekend (plus I was able to use my 25% off birthday coupon), so those will have to suffice.

Joanne is beautiful but I already have Ciaté Caberet which looks pretty similar, & if I weren't getting IG I'd definitely go with CwaT. Sawyer & the Bombshell box are all kinda blah to me. >.<

Can anyone see a huge difference btwn the 2 mascaras? I saw swatches & they both look extremely similar..I might end up buying Length Matters later down the line just b/c of the name

I'm wondering if Beth, Chantel and Sky will be released in the SS only just to make more people take boxes.  Maybe like a champagne trio type set.  Their blog post says that some holiday gifts will be previewed in the SS this month.

Capture.JPG

So Sky and Beth are nowhere to be found haha   I was excited for Sky.  Oh well.  I am only (probably) taking a box this month because I am almost out of my brown shimmer gel glider.  I honestly think that most of these colors are dupes.  Like completely.  I swear, I really hope November 20th is exciting.   I am sooo over these fall dupes.! 

Sawyer=Jillian

Shari=Fifi

Marzia=Savoy

Ilsa=Lola (even though Lola is a satin or silk finish) if not Lola, then it will probably look like Kristy.

These are the dupes in my opinion.

And the others look familiar/don't interest me.

Sorry to complain, but we need some NEW colors please. :/

Sawyer=Jillian

Shari=Fifi

Marzia=Savoy

Ilsa=Lola (even though Lola is a satin or silk finish) if not Lola, then it will probably look like Kristy.

These are the dupes in my opinion.

And the others look familiar/don't interest me.

Sorry to complain, but we need some NEW colors please. :/
Isn't Jillian more of a deep eggplant/reddish shimmer?  Sawyer is bronze, and I actually don't think there is a Julep color like that one, surprisingly!  Also, Joanne looks like Gabrielle. 

My November selection:

I'm a new member, so I don't have the repeat issue. I was going to add on a mystery polish and Marzia, but I still haven't received my October Box or Trick or Treat Mystery Box so I'm a little apprehensive.

My November selection:

I'm a new member, so I don't have the repeat issue. I was going to add on a mystery polish and Marzia, but I still haven't received my October Box or Trick or Treat Mystery Box so I'm a little apprehensive.
If that's the case, I'd recommend you write on their FB wall and say just that.  Since it's public, they'll usually do their best to smooth over any wrinkles.

And you haven't gotten your Oct box yet? Ridiculous.

I'm guessing this is one of the holiday sets. Looks like Kristi + possibly one of the new glitters? 

abTKNxG.jpg

Eh, I never really love the Secret Store. The only time I very much wanted to give them my money (Kessie) they ran out like 20 minutes into the store opening. 

Does anyone know if the polish upgrade is now 5000 jules as opposed to 4500? It used to be 5000 for all the polishes and the product... oh julep. :/ Whatever.

eta: I just tried it, and yes it is. *shrugs*

Last edited by a moderator:
If that's the case, I'd recommend you write on their FB wall and say just that.  Since it's public, they'll usually do their best to smooth over any wrinkles.

And you haven't gotten your Oct box yet? Ridiculous.
I'm in Ontario and still don't have my October box yet, either. Nor the order I placed before that on September 26th. I gather it takes a while for things to get here, but, really? I only just subbed in September, and my first package came to me with all my add-ons, but no welcome box - amazing, lol. That being said, customer service was super friendly and helpful and sent me a replacement welcome box as soon as I called in. As to whether or not that ever makes it here...we shall see.

I still went for the Polish Lovers this month. I love like 6 of the colours, so I think it's worth it. Fingers crossed the new shipping makes things vastly more timely for Canadian mavens.

There are two colors I really like, but they are not in the same box and I don't want to prepay three months to customize my box. Plus, I have an overabundance of mascara due to subscription boxes, so I really don't need more mascara. I'll just pick up the two colors I like later. Skip!

Isn't Jillian more of a deep eggplant/reddish shimmer?  Sawyer is bronze, and I actually don't think there is a Julep color like that one, surprisingly!  Also, Joanne looks like Gabrielle. 
I think they are similar (both are molten bronze/copper), but the basis of Jillian is definitely an eggplant purple whereas to Sawyer seems more brownish. I love Jillian .. one of my favorite dark colors, so I'm thrilled about a similar color.

I'm pretty happy with this month! I went Bombshell and added on Sawyer, Kiki, the teal eye glider, and Bonnie. Some of the colors are just plain unappealing to me, but it happens. I've been buying from Julep since May of last year, so being surprised by them after so long is always nice.

My wallet is already crying just thinking about the holiday products. When the lipsticks and the glitters from the Maven meet-up photos go on sale, I'll be on them like a lioness on her prey! I shouldn't think about exactly how many of those 12 Days promotions I went for and spent way too much money on last year, but it was so worth it. Let's see if they can be just as enticing with their promotions and products this year.

Back