Julep October 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scarf or bracelet was also what I found interesting about this month's box. I'm currently on hold while trying to find out what the heck is up with my order.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lame.. I thought it was you get one of the last two items for sure, not possibly. Lame and happy I didn't spring for one, because those two items were what I was mostly interested in.
I thought the same. I was going to buy one but I really only wanted the scarf and didn't want to risk not getting it (since I usually get jipped with their mystery boxes). I can only imagine how angry I would have have been if I didn't get either the bracelet or scarf. This has been a pretty terrible month for Julep, imo. 

I'm certainly not happy with my box. Turns out I didn't have Morgan, so 1 out of 3 is new. Sad that I paid $20 for glitter pots, decals and 1 new polish. I was hoping for the bracelet (would have been satisfied with the scarf too). Oh well. I'll think twice next time!

Got my box.  I'm happy.  I got the three nail polishes, decals and glitters, oh, and candy corn :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I don't mind cause I didn't get Octobers box.  I got the colors olivia, chloe and parker and the glitters are a real pretty blue and medium purple.  I have the decals on now  sooo cute.  Basically the way I painted my nails they look like reese pieces.

The way they phrased seriously made it sound as if you'd be getting the scarf OR the bracelet, at first. That said, I don't have too much ish with what I got (no, they never replied to my voicemail, yet my box that was supposedly delivered to Kent, WA on 10/15 arrived in Tempe, AZ today): Parker (tangerine cream), Olivia (dark brown cream), Chloe (purple glitter that doesn't show up on their site when I search for it), two purple glitter pots, and the nail decals (plus the stupid candy corn, which I've already thrown out). Not terrible, but not super exciting, either.

For anyone who missed Sophia from the box addons, here's your chance!

FLASH SALE ALERT: 2 for 1 Thursday. Buy any Julep Nail Color and get Sofia (glow in the dark) for FREE + free shipping with code HALLOWEEN.

Today and today only, start shopping now: http://bit.ly/Twroiy

--

If you're a  maven, that makes a bottle $11.20, so for two bottles, $5.60 per bottle + free ship. 60c more expensive than what you would pay if it hadn't sold out, but not so much it kills the deal.

Coupon code "HALLOWEEN" is not valid. Can't use the code, anyone else having problems?

I got the bracelet with mine (along with two polishes, corn and two glitter pots) and it's pretty nice.  Not exactly what I thought it would look like based on their promo pic, but nice.

I love my trick or treat box.  Makes me glad I skipped October because if I hadn't I probably wouldn't have wanted to spend the money on the mystery box.  The nail decals are so cute.  Definitely easier to work with than I thought they'd be.  I <3 Julep

Got my trick or treat box yesterday and LOVE it! Came with 2 polishes (Parker and Alma, 2 glitter pots (pink and red), candy corn, nail stickers and the scarf! The scarf is super cute and I think I'm going to have to fight my 8 yr old dd for it! LOL! I also got my add's on from my first box and should be getting my intro box today. I can't wait! The Alma color is from the Trina Turk collection and will be gifted to my sister since it's not really my color of choice. She loves funky nail colors. My add on's were O Canada glitter polish and Caroline. Love love love Caroline!!! 

Originally Posted by dixiegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was disapoointed in Caroline because on the nail it looks more brown than the red I was hoping for.
Me too. ): I don't really have the skintone to pull off this color. I'm not dark enough or light enough. It looked so much more red in the bottle, which is why I was disappointed. IT girl was a disappointing box... I probably should've gotten the maven's choice box.

Yeah, I see what you mean about it not being as red. I was actually hoping that it was but I still like the color it came out to be. So, overall not disappointed. 

So I ordered the Halloween Surprise box, I got 2 nail polishes, candy corn, message card and pretty shredded paper. I guess my mystery gift was disappointment, I did receive that. I am sad, I am a subscription member of 2 months, I now am pretty sure I will not be ordering extras outside of my normal subscription.Did anyone else receive something as bad as mine?

Originally Posted by SadPanda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I ordered the Halloween Surprise box, I got 2 nail polishes, candy corn, message card and pretty shredded paper. I guess my mystery gift was disappointment, I did receive that. I am sad, I am a subscription member of 2 months, I now am pretty sure I will not be ordering extras outside of my normal subscription.Did anyone else receive something as bad as mine?
I am pretty sure that it was at least supposed to come with the nail stickers and glitter. I would contact customer service.

Originally Posted by wadedl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am pretty sure that it was at least supposed to come with the nail stickers and glitter. I would contact customer service.
I agree, I think your box was a mistake.

Originally Posted by brandarae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Received my Trick or Treat box. Not thrilled. Can't get the pic to load but here's what I got:

3 polishes: Parker (which I received in a previous mystery box), Zoe (ordered from the secret store) and Morgan (not sure - may have this one too)

2 glitter pots: blue and purple

Nail Decals

No bracelet or scarf = bummed!!
I got that also and I was a little bummed! I wanted the scarf!

Originally Posted by dixiegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was disapoointed in Caroline because on the nail it looks more brown than the red I was hoping for.
It definitely looks more red than brown in the bottle. That aspect disappointed me, but the color actually works very well with orange/gold glitter on the tips for fall.

A more accurate description would be "deep metallic rust brown with a hint of red, perfect for fall."

Back