Julep September 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow I'm surprised so many others had bad experiences as well, at least it wasn't just me. On the survey I rated their c/s in the bottom 5% of companies I deal with.
Really? I actually put them in the top 5%.

Granted, I've only dealt with them twice and only via e-mail. Once was to confirm that I was in fact getting my next box free thanks to referrals (I really wish they would just change their website to make things like that a little clearer), and the other time was when they did the mystery box promo in August. I'd ordered 2 but ended up with serious buyer's regret, and sent them an e-mail asking if it was possible to still cancel my order. I knew it was the sort of thing I should call in for, but I *HATE* making phone calls. So I sent the e-mail expecting a "No" response, and was pleasantly surprised when they very easily cancelled and refunded my order the next business day, no questions asked.

It makes me sad to read these stories about people's bad CS experiences because it does make me fear that as they are gaining popularity, their service is going downhill. 
frown.gif

I just got an email saying they've had very positive feedback about the bag. They also said they would never hang up on a caller, so I guess I must have imagined being hung up on. Yeah right.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got an email saying they've had very positive feedback about the bag.
They probably have--there are some gals out there who will make a point of giving positive feedback to companies just in hopes of getting freebies from them down the road.

I, like most of you is obsessed with all things nail polish. I've recently discovered Julep and bought the Matte Suede polishes and got my introductory Julep Maven box, and I must say after trial I am VERY disappointed with the product.

I love the application and the fact that I don't have to do a million coats but the polish quality is horrible. It chips within a day! And I just tried the Rose color on my toes and within 2 day it was all gone. It didn't even chip..the ENTIRE color just popped off like a press-on nail..WTH?! I would think a $14 nail polish wouldn't just pop off and would last longer than a day or two. I'm going to stick old faithful Essie, OPI, Chanel, etc. SMH

Originally Posted by iluvteffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I, like most of you is obsessed with all things nail polish. I've recently discovered Julep and bought the Matte Suede polishes and got my introductory Julep Maven box, and I must say after trial I am VERY disappointed with the product.

I love the application and the fact that I don't have to do a million coats but the polish quality is horrible. It chips within a day! And I just tried the Rose color on my toes and within 2 day it was all gone. It didn't even chip..the ENTIRE color just popped off like a press-on nail..WTH?! I would think a $14 nail polish wouldn't just pop off and would last longer than a day or two. I'm going to stick old faithful Essie, OPI, Chanel, etc. SMH
What kind of top/base are you using with it? Rose actually stuck on okay for me -- lasted a five days and then I did green French tips for a watermelon look -- though I was less than thrilled with the application. Really thick and hard to manage.

I'm not a huge fan of Julep's polishes, but I really like the rest of their products. Their creams are particularly awesome, so I would stick around for that if anything else. I'm giving Julep the benefit of the doubt here re: their polish and hope they're working on the formula. I do have my problems with the company products aside, but I admire Julep for pretty much doing a whole collection every month (with the new colours in every box) and a new product when most companies only release things ever 3-6 months, y'know? They are trying.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What kind of top/base are you using with it? Rose actually stuck on okay for me -- lasted a five days and then I did green French tips for a watermelon look -- though I was less than thrilled with the application. Really thick and hard to manage.

I'm not a huge fan of Julep's polishes, but I really like the rest of their products. Their creams are particularly awesome, so I would stick around for that if anything else. I'm giving Julep the benefit of the doubt here re: their polish and hope they're working on the formula. I do have my problems with the company products aside, but I admire Julep for pretty much doing a whole collection every month (with the new colours in every box) and a new product when most companies only release things ever 3-6 months, y'know? They are trying.
I use Essie Good to Go.

Essie good to go is my favorite top coat as well! I find it works well with my Julep polishes. I can definitely get at least a week without major chips most of the time.

I actually have no problems with Julep polishes chipping (using pretty much any top/base coat). I usually just have tip wear and that's more likely because I don't wrap my tips since my nails are so short.

Originally Posted by iluvteffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the same color in my intro kit and it works fine for me.

My nails are short too so I don't cap.

I use seche vite and have short nails and a ton of tip wear, but then again I'm really spastic and smack my hands into things on a regular basis. 

I use seche vite + clear combo and I'm pretty sure I get quite a bit of shrinkage, but since I usually wear nudes/pales I rarely ever notice it. It's starting to be a lot more noticeable to me now that we're moving into fall and I'm wearing a lot of dark purples, but I still can't be bothered.

I do have the Julep fast-dry top coat from their mystery products bag this month as well as a Qtica topcoat, which I can now use if I have the quick dry drops. >D

I haven't had any problems with Julep polishes chipping on me.  I use Seche Vite as a base and top coat and do experience some shrinkage as I don't wrap my nails, but that's true with any brand when I top it with Seche.

I do wonder if different body chemistries contribute to the chipping/peeling off, as I have heard others complain about it?

Back