Julep September 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Polish Lover's box today (fast!)  Only one was a duplicate for me (Jodie).  One was a really pretty bright cool green with no name on it...?one of their new colors? The other 2 were Meryl and Alicia.  They also sent one of those small tote bags that they sent a few months back.  I'm quite content.

I used the penny code twice. I unsubbed after my first box when they first started because I was totally unsatisfied with the colors, new to the beauty sub world, and plush the polish caps didn't twist on all the way and the polishes dried out (then the replacements were different colors??). Months later I signed up again, but ended up using a different email because I forgot my original login, and I've been a member ever since. The most recent penny code I'm pretty sure is just PENNY

Got my product lovers box today...it was awful. completely awful lol. i got a 3 oz hand lotion (already have), nail file (already have), top coat (already have) and a freaking ugly brown color with no name.  that really was not worth my $20. I have olive skin, so there is no way i will be able to wear that color.

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my product lovers box today...it was awful. completely awful lol. i got a 3 oz hand lotion (already have), nail file (already have), top coat (already have) and a freaking ugly brown color with no name.  that really was not worth my $20. I have olive skin, so there is no way i will be able to wear that color.
Your box is really making it easier for me to pass on the mystery boxes. Sorry it was so bad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yeah this one was so disappointing. the last one i got was $160 in value and I got 4 polishes + a cuticle oil + hand cream + a nail polish quilted bag. THAT was worth $20 lol

Originally Posted by dixiegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It is getting easier to skip mystery boxes.  I wish it were the other way around.

Same here. Received my polish lovers box yesterday. It only had 3 polishes Zoe, Michelle, that brown mystery color, and the free bag that they gave away in August. I was disappointed since this doesn't even meet the minimum mystery box value. I've emailed CS, and am waiting to hear back to see what's going on.

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What a bummer! The last mystery boxes I got sucked big time. I've been thinking about canceling.

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here. Received my polish lovers box yesterday. It only had 3 polishes Zoe, Michelle, that brown mystery color, and the free bag that they gave away in August. I was disappointed since this doesn't even meet the minimum mystery box value. I've emailed CS, and am waiting to hear back to see what's going on.
There is no way the "free bag" is worth $18! I would call them rather than email and see what they will do.

I just got my polish lovers box, it had 4 polishes worth $56 and a free bag. I will also be contacting customer service since this did not meet the minimum guaranteed value of $60.

I've read people say they have added a polish onto their box...how does this work? For free?

You can add on extra polishes or product for 4.99 per polish, product prices vary. Your first add on is free.

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can add on extra polishes or product for 4.99 per polish, product prices vary. Your first add on is free.
Thank you! <3 Yay can't wait to get my first box

I called c/s and they told me the bag was worth $5! What a joke they gave those out for free and they use them to save on packaging costs. Well when I asked for a supervisor the person I was talking to said she was a supervisor and wouldn't refund me and when I asked for someone else I was hung up on. I'm really thinking about canceling, first they lie about the guaranteed value then give terrible c/s. I can't believe they are counting the packaging as part of the value, that would be like if Birchbox said the box counted as part of the value bc it can be reused, can you imagine! I wonder if I can dispute the charge with my bank, but that might be more hassle than the $20 is worth.

I just received my product lover's mystery box, and luckily I believe it's worth $70 without the bag.

I got the Glow on Age Defying Hand Brightener, the Essential Cuticle Oil, the topcoat, and the glass nail file. I ordered mine towards the very end of the sale, so I wonder if all of your emails/complaints influenced my box? Or maybe it was just lucky.

Wow, that is pretty short-sighted of them to not meet their claimed dollar value.  Can't remember which beauty box did that (Total Beauty Collection?? not sure?) but people were screaming (and cancelling) over that one!!  It may save them a few dollars but they end up alienating the customer base.  Alienate your customers and soon you have no customers.  

I didn't buy the mystery box this time...I usually do but got pretty tired of getting duplicates.  I've even started skipping months with them (like last month) because its just the same old, same old!

I got a 14 polish nail mystery box this month beyond excited! Wow I'm in heaven! I have a video uploade with swatches if you wanna see it my siggy link:)

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I called c/s and they told me the bag was worth $5! What a joke they gave those out for free and they use them to save on packaging costs. Well when I asked for a supervisor the person I was talking to said she was a supervisor and wouldn't refund me and when I asked for someone else I was hung up on. I'm really thinking about canceling, first they lie about the guaranteed value then give terrible c/s. I can't believe they are counting the packaging as part of the value, that would be like if Birchbox said the box counted as part of the value bc it can be reused, can you imagine! I wonder if I can dispute the charge with my bank, but that might be more hassle than the $20 is worth.
That bag is free advertisement for them. I was planning on using mine as a reusable shopping bag or to carry my lunch in. Both of my mystery boxes were below the $60 mark. I skipped this month and have decided to cancel my subscription all together. I was going to call cs but after reading this cs experience I sent them an email instead. Saying that the bag is worth $5 is a joke. But it does push the value of the box with 4 polishes from $56 to $61. I have also not been all that impressed with their polishes. They peel off within a very short time.

Back