Julep September 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Classic with a Twist box yesterday and tried the black volumizing mascara this morning.  It definitely lengthened my lashes, will need to use a few more times to get a feel for the volumizing aspect.  Seems to be wearing well, no flaking or smudging.  I got the brown lengthening mascara as an add on but haven't received it yet, looking forward to trying it.  Overall, very happy with my first regular Maven box! 

Hey! I'm new to this board, but not to Julep! Anyway, I was just wondering. . .was there no "freebie" this month? We got the little tote last month, and in July, they sent the extra glitter polish. One month, I got a free lip balm. This month, just the two polishes and mascara. (I got the American Beauty box - switched to it from It Girl this month.)

I also did not get the card(?) shown in some of your pics with the drawing of the girl on it.

I'm not complaining. I love Julep's service and products, but they usually include a little "extra." This is the first time I don't remember receiving one. Is that something they ALWAYS do, or is it just a sometimes thing? Did anyone else get anything?

Oh, and LuluBelle, I'm from Mobile, too!

My avatar pic was taken at LuLu's!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by MadamLeslie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey! I'm new to this board, but not to Julep! Anyway, I was just wondering. . .was there no "freebie" this month? We got the little tote last month, and in July, they sent the extra glitter polish. One month, I got a free lip balm. This month, just the two polishes and mascara. (I got the American Beauty box - switched to it from It Girl this month.)

I also did not get the card(?) shown in some of your pics with the drawing of the girl on it.

I'm not complaining. I love Julep's service and products, but they usually include a little "extra." This is the first time I don't remember receiving one. Is that something they ALWAYS do, or is it just a sometimes thing? Did anyone else get anything?
I was thinking the the drawing which is a magnet is the freebie for this month. If you didn't get one contact Julep and ask them about it!

Originally Posted by MadamLeslie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, and LuluBelle, I'm from Mobile, too!

My avatar pic was taken at LuLu's!
biggrin.gif
Love LuLu's, especially when it was across the bay!  I don't get over to the one in Gulf Shores very often. 

So I just got my box and I was sad that since I bought the whole collection they only included one magnet. But at least they included it instead of leaving it out all together.

The Boho Glam mascara arrived yesterday and I tried it out today.  I'm officially a fan of both American Beauty and Boho Glam mascaras
smile.gif
.  American Beauty has more and longer fibers in it and actually adds more length than Boho Glam does.  However, sometimes the fibers in American Beauty are a bit out of control, and Boho Glam applied easily with no fuss.  It's a dark brown and I can't tell a whole lot of difference in color once they are on.  Here are some comparisons of the two:

American Beauty

Boho Glam

Boho (left) vs. American Beauty (right)

Now, I'm curious and will have to try my mascara. I got American Beauty and had planned on skipping, but forgot lol. I wasn't looking forward to the box, especially the mascara..but I can't resist after reading the posts. Thanks ladies lol!

I'm disappointed with my box. Based on the pictures, I ended up upgrading to the whole collection (dumb, I know). The colors just seemed really vibrant. Well... I opened my box today to find that they sent me doubles of Sophie & Brandt and NO Gunta and Popova (of course, the ones I was most excited for). I emailed CS, so I hope that it gets resolved quickly. I'm definitely underwhelmed by the colors too. They just seem very washed out to me. I like the greens and blues, but the red/yellow/tan just don't wow me like I had hoped.

I'm semi interested in trying the mascara, but could have done without it honestly. I have enough mascara samples from BB and whatnot to satisfy me for life. I have really long lashes already, so I need something that keeps them curled throughout the day.

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm disappointed with my box. Based on the pictures, I ended up upgrading to the whole collection (dumb, I know). The colors just seemed really vibrant. Well... I opened my box today to find that they sent me doubles of Sophie & Brandt and NO Gunta and Popova (of course, the ones I was most excited for). I emailed CS, so I hope that it gets resolved quickly. I'm definitely underwhelmed by the colors too. They just seem very washed out to me. I like the greens and blues, but the red/yellow/tan just don't wow me like I had hoped.

I'm semi interested in trying the mascara, but could have done without it honestly. I have enough mascara samples from BB and whatnot to satisfy me for life. I have really long lashes already, so I need something that keeps them curled throughout the day.
This is a bummer :-( Gunta is AWESOME, I'm wearing it now and I can't stop staring at my hands. It's such a perfect shade of blue for fall. I ordered Sophie as an add-on and I was so excited for it - and it arrived broken. So yeah, I'm waiting on customer service as well.

Yeah I usually have pretty good luck with CS, but I bet they're backed up since they were off yesterday. I still haven't heard anything though. Gunta looks divine. I definitely need a color that still works for summer but is great for fall. I'm getting into fall mode. But whatever happened with the suede polishes? I thought that was supposed to be the box instead of TT? Foils then suede. maybe this month...

Alright ladies, here's my test of the American Beauty (black) Volumizing mascara. Top left is my eye with no mascara at all. Top right is one coat, bottom left is one coat on the opposite eye (obviously, haha) and bottom right is two coats. I used my cell phone so I apologize for the lower image quality.

My verdict? I love it. The fibers were only a little annoying and the brush smoothed them right out if there were any "flyaways" on my lashes. The coverage is incredibly buildable and the formula applies smoothly. I love the brush itself, too. The longer bristles are perfect for wiggling between the base of your lashes, and the smaller ones are perfect for lower lashes as well as the inner corner (note: I did not apply any mascara to the bottom lashes in the above images, but I did after they were taken). I'd definitely buy this again.

I'm not sure if I am going to try the Boho Glam mascara or not. As you can see, my lashes are naturally black, and I have never used brown mascara in my life. However, BG is "espresso brown" and it's quite dark, so I might be able to pull it off. Do any of you ladies have really dark lashes and have also tried BG? I don't want to open it, use it, and hate it ... if I could trade it away then that would be great :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. But if there is not a noticeable difference on dark lashes, I might as well keep it.

And here is today's NOTD with Sophie, Annie as an accent nail, and Hoch/Annie as accent dots. The other hand is opposite - Hoch accent ring fingernail with Annie/Hoch dots. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The colors are all a shade or two darker in real life.

I apologize for my messy cuticles; I forgot to moisturize before I took this!

I am completely smitten with this entire collection. Julep's cream formula is great, at least in my experience (I know some people have complained of streaks, unevenness, etc.). The colors all together remind me of a fall-themed rainbow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I contacted customer service about a week ago because my add-on polish arrived broken. I have yet to hear anything back from them. Is this normal for Julep customer service and has anyone had issues with a broken bottle?

**Well no sooner did I write this than they finally email me back! Thank you Make Up Gods!**

So after being on the fence about the quality of Julep polishes, I LOVE THIS MONTH! I'm wearing Sophie right now and LOVING it. I did Gunta as my add on, so I can't wait to try that too!

Hi All,

I was in Sephora in Midtown Manhattan early Saturday morning just browsing. My love of all things nail polish led to to the nail bar and I was trying out the new Julep Matte Suede finish polishes. And guess who happens to walk up to me and introduce herself JANE PARK! She was such a doll! We talked briefly seeing as she was at Sephora for a meeting, etc. It was so unexpected!

Oh as a spoiler for Julep Maven box, she said the Matte Suede finish polishes would be in next month's box!

I ended up buying 3 of the Matte Suede polishes and i LOVE them already!!!

I was all set to cancel my Julep sub, but the suede polishes sound intriguing. Shoot! Lol, one more month and hopefully I'll be strong enough to cancel and not just skip.

They have mystery boxes up again. The link on fb doesn't go through but you can search for mystery on their site. One box is polish lovers, the other product lovers. I'm so tempted to get a product lovers but I need to chill on spending.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They have mystery boxes up again. The link on fb doesn't go through but you can search for mystery on their site. One box is polish lovers, the other product lovers. I'm so tempted to get a product lovers but I need to chill on spending.
Dang I wish you hadn't mentioned it! I would love to get a product lovers box but I don't want to take a chance and order so close to when I move :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back