Julep September 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoa! I just got my shipment notification yesterday! Ladies, Julep may be shipping earlier, due to the upcoming holiday. I do live in WA, but I've never gotten a box so fast!

I don't know why, but I'm excited about the mascaras.  I've got oodles of unopened mascara, yet here I am excited about these. 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Whoa! I just got my shipment notification yesterday! Ladies, Julep may be shipping earlier, due to the upcoming holiday. I do live in WA, but I've never gotten a box so fast!

Holy cow that is fast!! Mine just arrived in Federal Way this morning, plus I got the entire collection (9434 tracking # here, obviously) so I am expecting a long wait. I love that polka-dotted tissue!

Dang! Mine still doesn't have updated shipping even though it says it went out two days ago. Weird! I don't mind getting the box, I really do love their stuff. I just figured I have similar enough colors already that I didn't NEED it, plus I really only like waterproof mascara.

Quote:Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dang! Mine still doesn't have updated shipping even though it says it went out two days ago. Weird! I don't mind getting the box, I really do love their stuff. I just figured I have similar enough colors already that I didn't NEED it, plus I really only like waterproof mascara.

Quote: I checked the tracking after delivery and it only showed the package arriving in my city. Lol Originally Posted by kisha90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

MissLindaJean nice box! Ooh so pretty!

Thank you! It's the American Beauty box..

I was really surprised at how fast my box got to Ohio. I just received my shipping notice 2 days ago and I got my box this morning. I got the American Beauty and I love Hoch but I am worried about the mascara. The applicator looks weird. Hopefully the formula is good because the brush doesn't look very volumizing.

Did anyone see the 2 for $20 promo they sent yesterday? I don't think I'm gonna do it bc on the September calendar they sent today it said there's a flash sale on the 14th. I think last months flash sale was 3 for $20 so I'll wait for that.

You can always do add ons every month and those are a lot cheaper..but I did see that they're going to do another flash sale in September..so maybe just wait and see.

Yeah, I do add ons, but those are only for the current month. With the flash sale I can get past colors.

My box came in today!

I like both colors that I picked, haven't tested out the mascara yet, but I'll try it out tomorrow.

I received my notice yesterday and I can see that my box is already out for shipment, and I'm in Philly! Bad ass! Can't wait - I have the Boho Glam box and I'll post pics as soon as I get home.

Mine arrived today! 
claps.gif

I can't wait to hear the mascara reviews for those who are getting them!

New to this group, hey!

Got my Julep box today, Classic With A Twist with an addon of the white, Eileen I think?.  The white is a PERFECT french manicure white, very opaque, took no more than two coats on any of my tipes and some were fine with just one.  Havent tried the black or brown yet.

The mascara (jet black volumizing) sort of weirded me out at first.  I didn't know it had fibers in it when I picked it so I was a little confused when I opened it and saw 'hairs' all over the appicator.  Had to confirm with friends that got the same box that this was normal haha.  Seen those in lengthening mascaras but never volumizing.  I don't really dig them--I wear falsies usually, and they made my lashes look a mess.  Now without the fibers, the mascara is an AWESOME consistency and has great building power (I put like 5 coats on haha), but I had to keep sweeping the fibers out.  They are sort of superfluous and unnecessary.  I'll use it until it runs out because hairs aside it's an excellent product but I wouldn't spend money on it, because of that.  Some people might like it though, but I can't get the darned fibers to not look like things fell on my eyelashes.

I used the mascara today and I really like it! The brush is kind of that rubbery sort like the covergirl. I got the black, since I prefer black to brown.

It's totally not smudging, and it didn't flake off and give me racoon eyes, which is great because practically every mascara does that to me which is why I only buy waterproof versions.

It seperated my lashes and made them look long. Definitely love this mascara!

I am very happy with my box--got it yesterday.  I painted my nails in the color eileen (white) on finger nails and hoch (green) on toes and added some accent with the white on my big toe.  Very cute!  The white is an excellent white--creamy, not like white-out.  Also added gunta (blue) but haven't tried it yet--that's the next manicure.  It's the prettiest color blue!

I haven't tried (or opened) the mascara yet because I have 3 opened ones so I am going to wait til next month, but after hearing what you girls are saying, I'm looking forward to it. 

I got my Classic With A Twist box + gunta(dark blue) yesterday and I love it! The colors are very opaque. Bold and sensual these colors are definitely gateways to fall. Brandt is a nice bold black and Sophie is a lovely mushroom nude.

Got my Boho Glam with the brown mascara and WOW - love, love, love the mascara! I opened it this morning and was skeptical when I saw the brush, but I have to say that I love the application! I was far less clumpy than any other mascara I've used and because the brush is...I don't know, shaped differently with smaller bristles, I was able to get lashes I don't normally get. I'm sad I didn't opt for another mascara add on instead of an extra polish. Boo to Me.

Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my Boho Glam with the brown mascara and WOW - love, love, love the mascara! I opened it this morning and was skeptical when I saw the brush, but I have to say that I love the application! I was far less clumpy than any other mascara I've used and because the brush is...I don't know, shaped differently with smaller bristles, I was able to get lashes I don't normally get. I'm sad I didn't opt for another mascara add on instead of an extra polish. Boo to Me.
You should try to trade for it! I've already seen a couple of people list it in their trade posts.

I tried the mascara today and I loved it, too. I got the black one which is supposed to be the volumizing one. I didn't think it was particularly volumizing, but it was lengthening (and I already have very long lashes naturally, so for me to notice that this made them longer, it has to be pretty good!) and just overall really good quality. (The lack of volume might also be my fault for not pulling it close enough to the lash line, but I was in a hurry and scared of smudging my eye make-up.) I agree, I really like the brush and I love that it didn't seem to clump or smudge. I'm not terribly adept at mascara (yet) but I found it very easy to use. I've also actually forgotten several times throughout the day that I was actually wearing mascara (since I don't normally) and absent-mindedly fiddled with my lashes, and it didn't smudge or rub off on my fingers at all.

Up until this point I haven't been a fan of Julep boxes including anything other than polishes or mani/pedi care products, but I'm definitely a fan of this one. I'll try it a few more times this weekend and if I keep having the same good results, I'll probably try to trade for a couple more of these, too. 
biggrin.gif

Way to go, Julep!

Back