Julep September 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I caved and got the whole set, I figured that if I was going to get an extra mascara as well as Annie and Popova ($19.97 total) why not spend $10 more and get everything?
that means its 30 MORE dollars, so its 50 dollars to have the entire set. unless of course you get this box for free and then its only 30 more dollars to get everything, but you would of got a normal box for free anyway..

I Love these colors, and I love the mustard yellow! it is so classic and retro. These are all also colors that are "in" for fall. I finally decided on getting bombshell with sophie added on. Everything else seems similar to something I already have. I can't wait to try the mascara, It is worth like 28 dollars so it makes the box totally worth it. 

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I skipped. I looked closer at the colors and I have something really similar to all of them. Here's hoping for more funky colors next time, maybe some duochromes. That would rock!
I  am so on team duochrome with you! Julep would sell a ton of boxes!

Originally Posted by serendipity720 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

that means its 30 MORE dollars, so its 50 dollars to have the entire set. unless of course you get this box for free and then its only 30 more dollars to get everything, but you would of got a normal box for free anyway..

I Love these colors, and I love the mustard yellow! it is so classic and retro. These are all also colors that are "in" for fall. I finally decided on getting bombshell with sophie added on. Everything else seems similar to something I already have. I can't wait to try the mascara, It is worth like 28 dollars so it makes the box totally worth it. 
I should have mentioned that I knew it was $30 more (plus my box) I actually don't have dupes for most of these colors and I really wanted to get them all. Since I was already going to add $20 more to my box in add-ons I figured to was just more logical to pay $50 for 10 polishes and 2 mascaras, then to pay $40 for 4 polishes and 2 mascaras.

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I should have mentioned that I knew it was $30 more (plus my box) I actually don't have dupes for most of these colors and I really wanted to get them all. Since I was already going to add $20 more to my box in add-ons I figured to was just more logical to pay $50 for 10 polishes and 2 mascaras, then to pay $40 for 4 polishes and 2 mascaras.
yes I totally agree! I just already have a white and a black that I love.... and I ate the brown mascara but it really is a great deal for people who love all of it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just didn't want you to go buying it thinking it was only $30 lol

Originally Posted by serendipity720 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yes I totally agree! I just already have a white and a black that I love.... and I ate the brown mascara but it really is a great deal for people who love all of it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just didn't want you to go buying it thinking it was only $30 lol
Thanks for making sure I was well informed :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I actually need soo many colors, I stopped wearing nail polish before I got married so I threw away my entire collection! I regret it now because I had a couple of favorites I haven't been able to replace :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was needed blues, greens, black, and I couldn't resist the mustard yellow!!!

I switched from Boho Glam to Classic with a Twist.  I get a free add on because it's my first month and got the brown mascara.  Apparently the brown is lengthening and the black is volumizing (or vice versa), am interested to see if there is any difference. 

I'm Boho Glam, and I think I'll be sitting this out. I really do like the colors of the polish and I'm a fan of brown mascara, but honestly, I've never really been impressed with Julep's creme formula and how it performs. 

Did anyone else notice the special $30 offer?  For an extra $30 (on top of your regular box), you get all ten Trina Turk polishes plus both mascaras. Basically, it's an upgrade to a Golden Box, although you have to pay for it. 

As for this month, I'm skipping.  I do like the greens and blues, but I don't like them enough to get a box this month.  I'm completely uninterested in mascara, and the It Girl colors are completely Not Me.  I'm also not big on creams.  I really wish Julep would come out with some duo/multichromes.  Those are very much up my alley.

I'm sticking with my bombshell box, I like the blue but the yellow is definitely not me. I am going to give the mascara to my mom because she is always trying a new one, so at least she will be happy with it.

I just did the penny sign-up thing last month and got Boho Glam. I love the aubergine color, Toni, and hate the salmon colored one without even trying it. It looked more orange in the pictures. I do love the pedi creme. 

My point is, this is my second month and I consider all the choices disappointing. I guess I'll be skipping.

This time I went with American Beauty.  I really like the emerald green color.  And I added on Gunta...looks sooo pretty.  Saw it in the new issue of PeopleStyleWatch magazine.  I don't have a blue like that at all and it will be gorgeous for fall.  Thought about sticking with my profile (classic with a twist), but I really liked the emerald and the blue and didn't wanna do two add ons...so I just did american beauty and added one on.  Plus, even though I like the colors in classic with a twist, I'm not sure I'd get as much out of the off-black since it might be too much for work.  I dunno, if it's subtle enough maybe.

Is anyone else having a problem (technically , not emotionally
icon_biggrin.gif
) skipping ? Whenever I click "Skip Month " a box pops up with a video and another button to push that yes, I'm sure I want to skip . Underneath I can see that nosy-ass form asking why I want to skip, but I can't get  to it b/c the "WHY YES, I AM SURE I WANT TO SKIP box on top is stuck firmly in place. 

Originally Posted by mimosette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is anyone else having a problem (technically , not emotionally
icon_biggrin.gif
) skipping ? Whenever I click "Skip Month " a box pops up with a video and another button to push that yes, I'm sure I want to skip . Underneath I can see that nosy-ass form asking why I want to skip, but I can't get  to it b/c the "WHY YES, I AM SURE I WANT TO SKIP box on top is stuck firmly in place. 
Strange I skipped with no problem. Maybe try doing it in another browser.

Edit: I also used Chrome

I'm thinking of buying the upgrade with my sister:) which would make it 25 $ each and we would still get the one box of our choice plus all the colors we are going to split! Sounds like a deal! We will get way more doing this maybe team up with family and friends!

I stayed on the fence and skipped this month, but am caving to the Zoya BOGO promo instead. All of the Julep colors this month are near dupes for colors I already have, and flesh tones don't do anything for me, and I have a list of colors I need from Zoya.  I was secretly hoping for this month's box to be the suedes, but hopefully next month will be those.

I switched from Boho Glam to American Beauty. I was going to just do an add on for the white color, but then I noticed that the Boho Glam mascara is brown, and I'd rather have the black one. So it's way cheaper for me to just switch boxes than try to do add ons for those things, because I'd end up almost buying a whole other box with the cost of a black mascara and a nail polish add on.

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I stayed on the fence and skipped this month, but am caving to the Zoya BOGO promo instead. All of the Julep colors this month are near dupes for colors I already have, and flesh tones don't do anything for me, and I have a list of colors I need from Zoya.  I was secretly hoping for this month's box to be the suedes, but hopefully next month will be those.
Yeah, there are a lot of nudes this month, and that mascara they were giving away doesn't look too appealing, either. When I got the zoya bogo email, I skipped this month, too.

Dangit...forgot to cancel and my window closed! Looks like I'm getting American Beauty...I really wasn't interested in this month's selections.

Back