Julep September 2012 boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on the fence with this one, really on the fence. I usually get It Girl, and am meh on the colors. Was thinking Boho Glam, but I already have similar colors to both of those. I was so close to skipping last month, but got suckered by the free bag, then was pleasantly surprised with Melanie.

I stuck with the Boho glam box and added on:

Sophie 
I'm ok with the mascara since I don't currently own one in brown. It could turn out to be the best mascara ever, ehh? ehh??

Sophie 
I'm ok with the mascara since I don't currently own one in brown. It could turn out to be the best mascara ever, ehh? ehh?? That's the spirit! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sophie 
I'm ok with the mascara since I don't currently own one in brown. It could turn out to be the best mascara ever, ehh? ehh??
I'm hoping so too!

I switched from It Girl to Classic with a Twist. No mustard yellow for me, bleh.

Lol, I think I'm skipping this month. I'm not totally wowed and just got a bunch of polishes in a crazy good swap...I'm good for now.

ehh. i think i will be skipping this month too. the colors just aren't something i feel like i need.

after the last box i got (i think it was June) i have been in love with those colors (audrey & freida) i know julep can come out with some better ones, so i'm holding out for the good stuff :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Am I the only one who's totally in love? I am probably going to do the $30 upgrade to get the whole set. Sigh. My husband's going to kill me. But seriously - for $49.99 you can get 10 Julep polishes and two mascaras? That ends up being $4.17 per item. And since I love the vast majority of the colors, this is a great deal to me.

(edit: fixed the price-per-item. I just saw "12" and didn't pay attention to the rest. Silly me
smiletongue.gif
)

Originally Posted by kelliq /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Am I the only one who's totally in love? I am probably going to do the $30 upgrade to get the whole set. Sigh. My husband's going to kill me. But seriously - for $49.99 you can get 12 Julep polishes and two mascaras? That ends up being $3.57 per item. And since I love the vast majority of the colors, this is a great deal to me.
I actually briefly considered it. In my case because I'm getting the box free, I assume that it would be only $30 for 12 polishes. But I don't really like most of the colors and have dupes for many of them, so I would be doing it only to put them on my trade list, and I realized that's a little silly. I'm better off spending $30 on something I really want.

if you really love the colors or want a good deal, i agree! its a way of receiving a golden box!

Eh, I skipped the month. Not feeling any of the colors and I have tons of mascara already.

I'm thinking about switching to my first ever It Girl box. I'm curious to try the mascara but none of the colors in any of the other packages appeal to me. I love the Delaunay (I'm a sucker for red), I'm excited to try Otte (I'm going through a neutral fingernail kick at the moment) and Alma...I'll be saving that for the upcoming hockey season to show my team support!

I caved and got the whole set, I figured that if I was going to get an extra mascara as well as Annie and Popova ($19.97 total) why not spend $10 more and get everything?

Originally Posted by MakeupGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif
ugh! These colors are so not good IMO. And I'll wear just about anything, but c'mon Dijon yellow?? Mushroom Creme? Yuck!!!
Feeling the same. This colors are very not me. If I had to choose I'd get my regular Bombshell box but I'm just not crazy about any of the colors. 
icon_eek.gif

I do like the brights (especially Gunta, Annie, and Hoch) but don't think I'm going to get a box this month because of the sheer number of polish I have that I haven't used yet. I went Julep crazy in July (glitters) and August (metallics) and and have finally tried all the glitters but am only halfway through my metallics. And I just got a bunch of other polishes at a sale I was at yesterday, so I need time to catch up and do my nails with what I have. 

I think I'm officially going with Classic With A Twist I like the neutral cremes and I might add on that kelly green from Boho Glam. 

I skipped. I looked closer at the colors and I have something really similar to all of them. Here's hoping for more funky colors next time, maybe some duochromes. That would rock!

Back