July 2012 No-Buy/Low-Buy Support Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys i totally bailed on my no buy! ARRGGHHH!! i have majorly FAILED! i bought a rimmel concealer, 2 maybelline nail polishes, nail files, tres emme heat protectant, hair dye and two eyebrow pencils! IM OUT OF CONTROL! x

Originally Posted by Hollysbeautybox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Guys i totally bailed on my no buy! ARRGGHHH!! i have majorly FAILED! i bought a rimmel concealer, 2 maybelline nail polishes, nail files, tres emme heat protectant, hair dye and two eyebrow pencils! IM OUT OF CONTROL! x
You can return them if it's upsetting you.  If not, put them away in a box and next time u feel like you need to shop, go "shopping" in the box

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can return them if it's upsetting you.  If not, put them away in a box and next time u feel like you need to shop, go "shopping" in the box
Stash shopping is fun! I have a traincase and two shoeboxes full of stuff (awful, I know). Every month, I've been rotating items out so that everything gets used. Plus, when I put all different products in my traincase that I haven't seen for about a month, it feels all new and exciting lol. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They have sephora, lol. 
I am going to be in so much trouble when I can finally drive over there then!!!

I fell off the wagon this weekend. Hit the clearence section at Sephora and then bought more stuff...arggh! Cashed in my BB points and bought some stuff, but my total after points was only $1.60, so I'm okay with that "spree." So I got an Eyeko liner(finally) and more lippies, which I definitely don't need. I'm on a no lippie buy for sure over the next few months. I've got so many, I haven't even broken the seals on a lot of them! Finally got a Naked 2 palette and now I've forgotten I own any other shadows lol! Took my boys out and bought them some clothes and stuff, then packed them off to camp..they didn't need anything, but I never feel bad about getting them stuff lol. Had a coupon at Old Navy and everything was sale/clearence price, so we saved more than 70% total. Yikes... I'm staying out of stores til August!

I decided to buy the allure box. I thought I was regretting it but taking a closer look, I'm glad I got it. I'm excited for the buxom gloss, the nyx cheek stick, the redken hair product, and all of the john frieda products, plus the aveeno and jergens will definitely get used, which already puts me getting over $50 out of it. 

I guess what I'm saying is...I may no longer be in low/no buy mode, and I desperately need to get back on it. Even if I'm making my money back via e-bay, I still don't need this crap.

I guess what I'm saying is...I may no longer be in low/no buy mode, and I desperately need to get back on it. Even if I'm making my money back via e-bay, I still don't need this crap.
I'm right there with you. I'm such a terrible shopper, nothing screams at me like a sale and suckers me in. I get caught up in the idea of taking home a bag with something new in it..grrr lol. I used to be able to window shop like nobody's business, now I feel like I need to get something when I'm out and about; terrible. It's time to really sit down and start to rethink the whole thing. Or remember my mantra of "next time, you can have it next time" as I wander through stores.

I decided to buy the allure box. I thought I was regretting it but taking a closer look, I'm glad I got it. I'm excited for the buxom gloss, the nyx cheek stick, the redken hair product, and all of the john frieda products, plus the aveeno and jergens will definitely get used, which already puts me getting over $50 out of it. 
I haven't tried any of the other stuff in the Allure box, but I think you'll like the Buxom gloss. I got one in my MyGlam bag, and I LOOOVE it. After thinking about it, I decided I would rather buy like, three of those glosses instead of the Allure box lol. 

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am now officially on a No Buy for the next 4 years. But ya know what...

She's worth it. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I GOT MY DREAM TRUCK TODAY!! OMG PINCH ME!
That truck is hot!  Congrats!

Fortunately, the Allure box is not calling me.  I picked up a bunch of Buxom lip glosses when they were on sale at Sephora a few weeks back, so I'm good to go.  Buxom glosses are my all time favorites. 

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am going to be in so much trouble when I can finally drive over there then!!!
Depends on where you're gonna be stationed. If you're at Bit/Spang, you'll be better off driving to Lux. 

That said, there are a TON of inexpensive shops and you will find lots of nifty things....what killed me when I was there was that the BX had all the "classic" department store brands, so I wore a lotta Lancome and EL while I was there. OOPS.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Depends on where you're gonna be stationed. If you're at Bit/Spang, you'll be better off driving to Lux. 

That said, there are a TON of inexpensive shops and you will find lots of nifty things....what killed me when I was there was that the BX had all the "classic" department store brands, so I wore a lotta Lancome and EL while I was there. OOPS.
We are going to be stationed at Wiesbaden, I figure by the time I get my car over there I won't really be wanting to buy makeup instead I should be saving for my trip to Paris
yey.gif

I finished two Dermologica travel size items, thank goodness. Glad to be rid of those! I think my skin hates Dermologica lol. 

It's been almost 2 weeks and here's what I've used up so far!

Originally Posted by Heartbroken /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Woohoo!  I did my Use Up 50 Items List too!

1. Purity (deluxe sample)

2. Bliss 2-1 foaming cleanser (deluxe sample)

3.  DDF 5% glycolic cleanser (sephora sample)

4. CO Bigelow Toner (full size)

5. MaryKay TimeWise micro derm (full size)

6. MaryKay TimeWise Restore (full size)

7. Murad T-Zone Pore Refiner (Deluxe Sample)

8. Murad eye cream (deluxe sample)

9. Murad moisturizer (deluxe sample)

10. Ahava moisturizer (deluxe sample)

11. Clinique moisture surge (Deluxe sample)

12. Philosophy moisturizer (Deluxe sample)

13. Clinique eye makeup remover (full size)

14. Body Shop eye makeup remover (travel size)

15. Body Shop Jolly Orange body Butter (full size)

16. BBW Tahiti Sweetie (full Size)

17. BBW Hold it Right there (full size)

18. BBW Bronzing self tanner (full size)

19. BBW Cucumber Melon Shower gel (full size)

20. Burt's Bees Milk and Honey lotion (sample packet)

21. BBW White Citrus Shower Gel (travel size)

22. BBW Sweet Pea Shower Gel (travel size)

23. Caress velvet bliss shower gel (deluxe sample)

24. Caress silk shower gel (deluxe sample)

25.BBW Eucalyptus Spearmint Sudsing body scrub (full size)

26. BBW Energy Lemon Zest hand soap (full size)

27.  BBW Vanilla Hand Soap (full size)

28. JR Watkins Hand and cuticle salve (deluxe sample)

29. Archipelago lavender hand cream (sample packet)

30. Fresh bath fizz (one time use)

31. Fekkai Shea Butter Shampoo (full size)

32.  Fekkai Protein RX Conditioner (full size)

33. Garnier Color Shield Shampoo (sample packet)

34. Garnier Color Shield Conditioner (sample packet)

35.  Pantene shampoo (deluxe sample)

36.  Pantene shampoo (deluxe sample)

37.  Pantene shampoo (deluxe sample)

38. Pantene conditioner (deluxe sample)

39. Pantene conditioner (deluxe sample)

40. Pantene conditioner (deluxe sample)

41. John Frieda serum (full size)

42. Alima Pure Desert Rose (deluxe sample)

43. Alima Pure Sospiro (deluxe sample)

44. Origins VitaZing (deluxe Sample)

45. Dr. Jart's BB cream (deluxe sample)

46. Jouer LMT Bronzed (sample packet)

47. Fresh Sugar lip treatment (deluxe sample)

48. Jouer Lip conditioner (full size)

49. Cover Girl Natureluxe foundation (full size)

50. Nars El Dorado cream shadow (full size)

I hope to use all of this before school starts again (9/6)!!!
15 items!  Just plugging along!!

I must keep my resolve tonight. A vendor is taking my office out for dinner. The restaurant we're going to is in the shopping center with an Inglot and Sephora in almost spitting distance of each other. eep!

Originally Posted by Heartbroken /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's been almost 2 weeks and here's what I've used up so far!

15 items!  Just plugging along!!
Great job! You're really going right through everything. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by LoriAnnLV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I must keep my resolve tonight. A vendor is taking my office out for dinner. The restaurant we're going to is in the shopping center with an Inglot and Sephora in almost spitting distance of each other. eep!
Good luck! If you make it through, you deserve a medal!

I'm almost out of my detangling spray, and I was so tempted to buy the Number 4 stuff that I got in my Birchbox. It's 30 something bucks though, so I bought a two pack of the Suave kids green apple stuff for $3 (laugh if you want, it smells amazing). I'm becoming much more thrifty! Since I've started this thing, I've found that the majority of HE stuff doesn't entice me so much. Except for the Tarte fall collection, holy moly...beautiful stuff!

is it just me or does it sometimes feel like it takes longer to use up small items than large?

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it just me or does it sometimes feel like it takes longer to use up small items than large?
Oh, it definitely does. I think I spent 2 months or so trying to use up a little travel sized bottle of makeup remover. I think it takes me less time to finish a full size bottle of face wash or shampoo, or whatever. Some of my trickiest, most aggravating, and time-consuming items have been deluxe samples and even some sample packets. :/

Back