July 2012 No-Buy/Low-Buy Support Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today marks ONE MONTH of not buying any makeup/unnecessary beauty stuff! I have had to purchase a few items that I've been running really low on and don't have backups of, but instead of going for some high end products I've been tempted by, I went for much, much more affordable drugstore options. I'm feeling good and pretty damn proud of myself right now! Now, to just keep on going and going...

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Today marks ONE MONTH of not buying any makeup/unnecessary beauty stuff! I have had to purchase a few items that I've been running really low on and don't have backups of, but instead of going for some high end products I've been tempted by, I went for much, much more affordable drugstore options. I'm feeling good and pretty damn proud of myself right now! Now, to just keep on going and going...
Congratulations!!

Awesomeness!

I've used up quite a few items this month.  I've been setting them on a shelf so I can take a picture of them at the end of the month.  I'm much more focused now on using up items that I used to just let sit there forever, I think because of reading this thread.  So, thanks!

So I managed to avoid Inglot & Sephora the other night. But now I'm faced with the greatest challenge yet....NYX coming up on Hautelook. arghhhhhh

Originally Posted by LoriAnnLV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I managed to avoid Inglot & Sephora the other night. But now I'm faced with the greatest challenge yet....NYX coming up on Hautelook. arghhhhhh
I don't think I'm gonna make it
eek.gif

Usually they'll bundle products I like in with products I don't want. So I can usually talk myself out of it. Hoping to be strong.

You can do it! If I can make it, you can!
I'm not as strong as u! On day 5. Hubby had surgery last week so we have all been house bound. I had to order grocercies online - it was surprisingly satsifying. Who knew safeway has lemon cheesecake ice cream?  I love nyx, its gonna be hard but if they bundle it, I won't be as tempted.

Y'all can do it! And if y'all can, so can I. I was feeling burned out, so started my conscious buy/low-buy....then fell off the wagon. Now, I'm like, "Nuh uh, honey, STOP THIS". We shall see...

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not as strong as u! On day 5. Hubby had surgery last week so we have all been house bound. I had to order grocercies online - it was surprisingly satsifying. Who knew safeway has lemon cheesecake ice cream?  I love nyx, its gonna be hard but if they bundle it, I won't be as tempted.
online grocery ordering is the best. I looooove when safeway shows up at my door, lol. never again the attempting to shop on a saturday or sunday afternoon times.

Well I've been a bad bad bad no/low-buyer today. I needed to go to Ulta for conditioner since I ran out, and shockingly only use one line of hair products. So I was at ulta and managed to only buy the travel size set of devacurl to take with me to Michigan this next week, a full size of my conditioner, and I thought I was doing good...but then I saw the wella that came in last month's glossy box that I loved...so I bought it. It was only 12 dollars for a pretty big one though, and it made my hair so nice I couldn't resist. That wasn't the worst part though, I then went to nordstrom rack....I was able to not buy the set of UD 24/7 shadow pencils, but they had a Bliss "bath to school" set for $17...which had a huge foaming face wash and foaming body wash and I also needed body wash and it was just a really good deal. I also bought a stila palette for 10 dollars, but I am giving that to my mom. Ughhh.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I've been a bad bad bad no/low-buyer today. I needed to go to Ulta for conditioner since I ran out, and shockingly only use one line of hair products. So I was at ulta and managed to only buy the travel size set of devacurl to take with me to Michigan this next week, a full size of my conditioner, and I thought I was doing good...but then I saw the wella that came in last month's glossy box that I loved...so I bought it. It was only 12 dollars for a pretty big one though, and it made my hair so nice I couldn't resist. That wasn't the worst part though, I then went to nordstrom rack....I was able to not buy the set of UD 24/7 shadow pencils, but they had a Bliss "bath to school" set for $17...which had a huge foaming face wash and foaming body wash and I also needed body wash and it was just a really good deal. I also bought a stila palette for 10 dollars, but I am giving that to my mom. Ughhh.
I was bad too. Nyx is buy one, get one 1/2 off @ ulta. Coupled w/ 20% off, I got 5 shimmer rolls ons, 2 jumbo lip pencils & 3 jumbo eye pencils for $25. A good deal but didn't need any of it. I got those 24/7 shadow pencils @ sephora for $12. I really like them. I would never pay full price for them ($44!)

i'm pretty proud of how well i've held up this month. i did buy more skin care (battle of the acne on my face right now) but limited myself to an eyebrow gel (ELF $1) and then the UD naked eye pencil set on Sephora.com for $19. of course, i haven't set foot in Ulta or Sephora for the whole month so that explains a lot.

NYX on Hautelook shall be the death of me. Please don't let there be things I want, please don't let there be things I want. Haha

I think I can successfully avoid the NYX. I really have no choice, since I have about $25 in my checking account right now, so I seriously don't have the money to buy anything, which is good. I need to cancel MyGlam, but I really don't want to. I know I should, though. 33 days of no buy! I also finished two more items tonight. 

Originally Posted by JessicaMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

NYX on Hautelook shall be the death of me. Please don't let there be things I want, please don't let there be things I want. Haha
Well I browsed and I almost jumped on the  Butt Naked palette but then I really looked at it. I realized the colors are just too similar to the Inglot palettes I've put together and it would likely get passed over. So mission successful! But I didn't know NYX was on sale at Ulta! I need to promptly forget this information. 

Well I browsed and I almost jumped on the  Butt Naked palette but then I really looked at it. I realized the colors are just too similar to the Inglot palettes I've put together and it would likely get passed over. So mission successful! But I didn't know NYX was on sale at Ulta! I need to promptly forget this information. 
Woot, go you! I'm currently tempted by the Winter in Moscow palette, my brain is trying to justify it by telling me that I could get that instead of the UD Smoked palette. I'm going to pass on it, though. Maybe later, once I'm done with this whole project pan. Pretty, but I don't need it!

Woot, go you! I'm currently tempted by the Winter in Moscow palette, my brain is trying to justify it by telling me that I could get that instead of the UD Smoked palette. I'm going to pass on it, though. Maybe later, once I'm done with this whole project pan. Pretty, but I don't need it!
lol my brain is doing the same thing. The winter in moscow and the nude on nude are getting to me. 

Looking at the lip gloss trios and then factoring in shipping costs, I realized it's not really saving me that much. I think I'll be able to safely avoid the temptation. My theBalm lipsticks should be in soon to add to my already overflowing lip product collection. Cheers to finishing out the month strong. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back