July Lip Factory!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They personalize coloured cosmetics like lipstick.  It's not like ipsy or birchbox where there are "or" items.  In all honesty, I've received some horrifying colours which were definitely not for fair skin tones.  I think Lip Factory started out as a box for women of colour.

Originally Posted by blondie415 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought everyone colors were going to be different when they emailed me they said they personalize every box I have seen are the same

It's always been my understanding...with almost all subscription boxes (except for Mirenesse and Starlooks which are brand specific) that the point is trying products you have never heard of or tried before.  I know that Glossybox touts that on their website

.....Thought since it was the anniversary one we were goin to get some awesome products haven't even heard of some of these products and that polish is ugly

I'm new to beauty boxes. I recently subscribed to BirchBox and ipsy which are both only $10. I was wondering if Lip Factory is really more bang for you buck since it's twice as much? Or if anyone has some insight in comparing these boxes?

anyone still waiting for a shipping notice? this is my first month (paid on 20th Jun) so I'm a bit worried...

Originally Posted by tanyamib /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone still waiting for a shipping notice? this is my first month (paid on 20th Jun) so I'm a bit worried...
I'm still waiting for mine too. I thought I'd get it this weekend, since I always get it and I still haven't. I've also emailed them a few times and they haven't responded yet (I emailed them Tuesday). 

Originally Posted by HeatherShep /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm new to beauty boxes. I recently subscribed to BirchBox and ipsy which are both only $10. I was wondering if Lip Factory is really more bang for you buck since it's twice as much? Or if anyone has some insight in comparing these boxes?
If you want to add Lip Factory as a third sub, then I think it's worth it. But I'd never cancel Ipsy and BB for Lip Factory. Sure all the items are full sized, but they are also all makeup for the most part, so there isn't a ton of variety. Plus I personally like my BB and Ipsy more, and I think for the money Ipsy has the more bang for the buck. (For the past 3 months my $10 investment has been over $40! This month was the lowest it's been since I subscribed.) :)

It depends on what you prefer most. I prefer makeup the most so LF is prefect for me. If you prefer skin and hair with only occasional makeup SS.  BB is a great mix (for me) and the bonus points rack up to be used for buying full-sized. Ipsy is just an all around great bargain for $10.

Right now I have subs to LF, BB, Ipsy, SS, ELF bundle and PSMH. If I could only have three it would be LF, BB and Ipsy.

Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It depends on what you prefer most. I prefer makeup the most so LF is prefect for me. If you prefer skin and hair with only occasional makeup SS.  BB is a great mix (for me) and the bonus points rack up to be used for buying full-sized. Ipsy is just an all around great bargain for $10.

Right now I have subs to LF, BB, Ipsy, SS, ELF bundle and PSMH. If I could only have three it would be LF, BB and Ipsy.
ELF bundle?  What's this?  What did I miss?

Very good value for sure! Just not that impressed this was my first month and don't know if I will go to the next month. Thought since it was the anniversary one we were goin to get some awesome products haven't even heard of some of these products and that polish is ugly
Even though this was their anniversary box, I wasn't supper crazy about some of the items either.  The lip pencil is really dark brown/red, definitely better suited for a woman of color than my skin tone.  The nail wraps I probably won't use and the polish is a terrible color for most people, I would never wear it in a million years.  The black eyeliner is almost a joke around subscription boxes, isn't it?  If I get one more I will barf!  The rest of the items I will use, so I do like most of the items in the box.  My point is, give it one or two more months and then decide if you want to keep it.  I think giving most subscription services 2-3 months gives you a better idea if you are going to like it overall. (Although sometimes there is the rare occasion it is not all right for you and you know the first month!)

I'm in the minority since I will totally rock some yellow polish. I have some on now. I would rather not get a dupe but I have not seen a color other than yellow so far this month.

I haven't gotten my box yet but I'm still feeling super bummed that they skipped doing an all lip box. That was the main reason I jumped on board for July. 
sadyes.gif

Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They personalize coloured cosmetics like lipstick.  It's not like ipsy or birchbox where there are "or" items.  In all honesty, I've received some horrifying colours which were definitely not for fair skin tones.  I think Lip Factory started out as a box for women of colour.
I am really dissapointed with the lip product that I got. It is considered a "neon hot pink". Not sure who would ever wear this color for anything other then Halloween. Definetely not what I would consider "personalized". I wish they at least had some sort of a beauty profile. Everything else in the box I was really happy with. I just didn't realize how much I hated this lip product until I

actually tried it.

It looks like a nice colour for your skin but I totally wouldn't wear it...too bubblegum.  I do love lip factory but I have given away at least 4 lipsticks from them over the several months I've been subscribed.  One was seriously bubble gum and another was so dark there was no way I could pull it off and I do not do red lips.  

I look at it this way:  the boxes average a total value of $70 and I always like a few things and use them so it's all good...plus my daughters love getting the stuff I don't want.

Quote: Originally Posted by amy005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am really dissapointed with the lip product that I got. It is considered a "neon hot pink". Not sure who would ever wear this color for anything other then Halloween. Definetely not what I would consider "personalized". I wish they at least had some sort of a beauty profile. Everything else in the box I was really happy with. I just didn't realize how much I hated this lip product until I

actually tried it.

I signed up on 24 June and I'm still waiting for my notice. I sent a message on their Facebook page and they replied saying they'll look into it. I haven't heard from them yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got my July Lip Factory box and almost cried. It was mostly nail stuff and I HATE nail stuff. Especially bright yellow. I subscribed to this because I believed it would mostly have lip products, which are what I love most. Other than the lip liner in this box, though, I can't use anything. I'm really upset about it.

Hey ladies, so from what I have seen so far in the sneak peeks I really hate to say it but I am somewhat (or a little more than somewhat) disappointed in Lip Factory's anniversary box. Like others have mentioned I was expecting a few more well known OR higher end brands because it was supposed to be a special box. Not even one item was a super popular one which is kind of a let down. I was totally looking forward to this box since I have seen the ones in the past, it's almost like the other boxes had better items and this "looks" more cheaper (not is). The yellow polish, neon pink gloss, cuticle oil, smokey eyeshadow (thats kind of outdated? & most people always have a white/silver and black eyeshadow) It seems like odd items that not many people will enjoy. I personally was expecting at least ONE lipstick or more than one lipgloss (asides from the odd neon pink and tangerine colour) ****** I think anyone that does feel that they were disappointed in the July box should let them know on the facebook page or something. I feel that I paid 30+ dollars for this wasn't for what I expected keeping in mind the standard they had set out prior to this month. It really sucks :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think I will be getting rid of almost all the items except the lip liner and maybe the nail wraps which is unfortunate as I paid 30 dollars for this only to give away...  ***** at least by letting them know that we were let down they could ensure to prevent this from making people unsubscribe and from us not being disappointed. It works for both of us that's all, not trying to bash Lip Factory as I had a really good impression of them. Really, really hope they will improve next month!!

Still no shipping notice.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  LF where are youuuu?!  Getting concerned that I'll get the crap that's leftover.  I tried not to look at your spoilers...y'all shoulda seen me, hand over my eyes, squinting through the cracks between my fingers.  I don't wanna look but I can't help it!  Gimme my damn box!

I got a shipping notice on July 13th, but it still hasn't updated so I have no idea where my package is or when it will actually show up.  Sigh.

Originally Posted by dbella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got a shipping notice on July 13th, but it still hasn't updated so I have no idea where my package is or when it will actually show up.  Sigh.
Mine was shipped on the 11th but it hasn't updated since then crazy

Latest posts

Back