July Lip Factory!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm.  This was my first box and now I'm disappointed after seeing the spoilers.  These seem like a bunch of no-name products.  I've never heard of any of them (except Designer Skin and that's for tanning products).  Bummer.  I may be cancelling.  Is this considered a "good" box?
I haven't gotten my box yet but you should give the products a chance first. "no name" doesn't always mean "no good". There are a lot of up and coming companies that make a great product.

Originally Posted by dbella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmmm.  This was my first box and now I'm disappointed after seeing the spoilers.  These seem like a bunch of no-name products.  I've never heard of any of them (except Designer Skin and that's for tanning products).  Bummer.  I may be cancelling.  Is this considered a "good" box?
I don't know about "good" as I find it hard to judge until I see the products in person, and this will also be my first box. But I have been watching this sub for a while, and they do send out a lot of smaller/lesser known brands. It doesn't bother me in the slightest, in fact, I want to discover new brands, it's actually part of the draw to subs for me, and part of the reason I find myself getting bored with some subs...

But if you're after more name brand and well known things, then you might be unhappy with this one, from what I have seen.

Originally Posted by neblinosa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't gotten my box yet but you should give the products a chance first. "no name" doesn't always mean "no good". There are a lot of up and coming companies that make a great product.
I'm aware of that and I'm open to new products and new companies, but these aren't for me. I've become a big fan of a lot of up and coming companies through my other subscriptions, but these just aren't what I'm looking for.   If I want to try new products that are drug store quality, I can just pick them up at the drug store.  I'm looking for products that are a little fresher, more on point with current trends in color and style and not something I can get any place.  There is nothing in this box that I think I'd be interested in using or that I would have seen in person and purchased.   I'm not after name brand, but I'm more interested in a different genre than drug store level. If I'm going to spend the money for a sub, I want to be pampered a little more than this and see colors and products that I'd actually use.  There's nothing wrong with Lip Factory and that's not what I mean, but it's just not what I'm seeking.  I like the Glossybox type products and if they got their act together, I'd never have left. 

I went ahead and cancelled.

Korres, Be a Bombshell and 29 Cosmetics (just to name three) are very far from drugstore level! Suit yourself, but out of the 6 subs ( now 5) I've ever had Lip Factory is my #1. I never have received less than 5 full-sized items a month. "But different strokes for different folks..and so on and so on and shooby-dooby doo-wa oooohh sha sha"

Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Korres, Be a Bombshell and 29 Cosmetics (just to name three) are very far from drugstore level! Suit yourself, but out of the 6 subs ( now 5) I've ever had Lip Factory is my #1. I never have received less than 5 full-sized items a month. "But different strokes for different folks..and so on and so on and shooby-dooby doo-wa oooohh sha sha"
I'm basing my decision on this first box, which mostly is drug store level.  I love Korres, but I've never heard of the other two (until 29 Cosmetics just now). The 29 Cosmetics product does look nice and I wouldn't call it drug store, but one product doesn't make up for the rest of the box and there is no Korres or Be a Bombshell in this box.  So, based on what I've seen the decision was made.  After dealing with the situation with Glossybox, I'm trying several other boxes and they may be hit or miss for me, but this was a miss.  If I hadn't just gone through quite a lot of disappointment with boxes I might be more open to waiting and seeing, but as of now I'm not.  I'm looking for my Mr. Right box. LOL

Enjoy your boxes. 

Just got my FIRST box. WOW, this was great. I love that I got a couple nail products, couple lip products and couple eye products! All stuff I have been really wanting to experiment with lately. The color of the lip gloss I got doesn't seem like something I normally would pick out ( I will update the brand I got later) but it will be fun to try! Anyway, I especially loved the eye liner and eye shadow colors. They are both what I typically use and am really looking forward to trying!

I just got my box. It's ok, but I would have really preferred an all lip box this month like it was supposed to be. I had been looking forward to all lip products and then they changed it because if their anniversary. Did everyone get yellow nail polish? I'm definitely disappointed in getting that color because it does not go well with my skin tone. I won't use the stickers either... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

thanks for your replies to my post.and i have loved my boxes so far.also i find a no name brand as such has proved a hit with me as some things have become staples or brought as gifts.the main reason i love this box is the uk boxes are shocking and i like the international boxes for discovering brands we never find over here.so to me i would rather pay and get a box of happiness than a box of uk foil samples.

i also like the upfront email so i will wait till my box arrives to see if  it was affected. i have had a couple of no goers from the boxes but the girls at work get a box of goodies from boxes and blog reviews and they have found some real keepers out of it.

i would say dont cancel after your 1st box you should give it 3-4 months for a good judgement .

I agree.  To each their own but I still think Lip Factory is the best box your money can buy.  I've never thought of their stuff as drug store brand.  Bare Minerals, Cult Nails, 29 Cosmetics, Korres...and so much more.

Originally Posted by Kristine Walker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine today plus a 29 Cosmetics lip scrub that I wasn't expecting.  I really love LA Splash nail polish but not so much this colour (blowfish) but otherwise, this is another great box!

Can you ladies post pics please?? My box was shipped but won't be here til Tuesday i believe (blah) lol.. Greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by dbella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep, edited to say that I'm sitting here researching the brands and most of them are dime store makeup.  The 29 Cosmetics lip liner is worth $23, but the LASplash and Belleme seem like your basic drug store stuff (averaging between $5.00 and $9.00).  The nail wraps are around $16 (but I don't use nail wraps) and I think they are ugly.  Smokey eye color is really dated and nothing new and the last thing I need is cuticle oil.

Oh well.  I hoped Lip Factory would be a new box for me, but I think I need to keep searching for a better substitute for Glossybox.  I'm sorry to be a bummer, but I'm seriously hating this box.
LA Splash is a really great brand though! I'm in love with their nail polishes. I did read through your other posts though, and I totally understand what your saying :) I sorta feel the same way.

Thanks.  Others have mentioned some other good brands that I like (such as Bare Minerals), but again, those weren't in this box.  I figured for their anniversary box they would bring out the best products possible and based on what I've now heard in this thread about other brands they carry, they didn't.  Maybe I'll try it again another time.  I've still got one new box coming in August to try out (Popsugar) and then I'll consider my options.  I may go back to my original subscription box (Sample Society) or go without for a while.

This was my first month, I am not impressed at all already canceled thought we were going to get some great stuff like the other boxes.

I just got my tracking the other day and I've tracked it both on stamps and the USPS and they both say that the postal service has only received electronic notification about it, anyone having the same issue??

Received my box yesterday and here are the contents:

• Pureceuticals Clarifying Skin Creme
  • Kur Nourishing Cuticle Oil $25.00
  • NCLA Nail Wraps (in "It Don't Matter") $16
  • LaSplash Cosmetics (Smokey Eye Shadow Duo) $7.99
  • LaSplash Nail Polish (Blowfish) $3.99
  • Bellerne Cosmetics (Don't Smudge Eye Liner in Black) $5.50
  • 29 Cosmetics Line Maker Lip Pencil (Woody Cab) $23
  • Two Lips Gloss (Heart) $6.50
  • Blender Sponge $4.99

I don't know the value of the PureCeuticals sample, but without adding that in the retail value came to $92.97

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Received my box yesterday and here are the contents:

• Pureceuticals Clarifying Skin Creme
  • Kur Nourishing Cuticle Oil $25.00
  • NCLA Nail Wraps (in "It Don't Matter") $16
  • LaSplash Cosmetics (Smokey Eye Shadow Duo) $7.99
  • LaSplash Nail Polish (Blowfish) $3.99
  • Bellerne Cosmetics (Don't Smudge Eye Liner in Black) $5.50
  • 29 Cosmetics Line Maker Lip Pencil (Woody Cab) $23
  • Two Lips Gloss (Heart) $6.50
  • Blender Sponge $4.99

I don't know the value of the PureCeuticals sample, but without adding that in the retail value came to $92.97
Very good value for sure! Just not that impressed this was my first month and don't know if I will go to the next month. Thought since it was the anniversary one we were goin to get some awesome products haven't even heard of some of these products and that polish is ugly

I thought everyone colors were going to be different when they emailed me they said they personalize every box I have seen are the same

Back