Just tried EDM and I think I like it...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Thais How do you like the intensive formula?? I like it perfectly fine........the original glow had a lot of sheen and shine to it...........so since it is already hot enough and I am in my car sweating enough........i decided to use the intensive formula today.......I like the coverage fine and it did not give me that shine (which was good)...

Originally Posted by pinkbundles thanks! that was way better than any i've seen to date! I'll try to do a video tut on application of mineral foundation as well.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by kerri I like it perfectly fine........the original glow had a lot of sheen and shine to it...........so since it is already hot enough and I am in my car sweating enough........i decided to use the intensive formula today.......I like the coverage fine and it did not give me that shine (which was good)... YAY Cant wait for mine to come in the mail...

Originally Posted by kerri I like it perfectly fine........the original glow had a lot of sheen and shine to it...........so since it is already hot enough and I am in my car sweating enough........i decided to use the intensive formula today.......I like the coverage fine and it did not give me that shine (which was good)... Thats great to hear I cant wait to try it. You all got your samples in pretty fast I'm impressed even though Ive received all my orders super fast from EDM.

Originally Posted by pinkbundles hey leila! how was your birthday?
anyway, welcome to the edm club! i got the multi-tasking concealer and it seems ok. as for the application, i think you are doing it right. it sounds like the tip they have on the edm site.

My birthday was suprisingly fantastic Hersh! Thanks for asking, my MAC manager brought in fresh baked brownies for my birthday and they had all written on a birthday card for me, then some friends came over and we depotted e/s and had pizza since Rob wasn't able to come home. And today a friend and I went to the MAC Pro store in Orlando and had fun playing around!
I think I will try the Multi-tasking concealer, you are about the same shade as I, so I think it will be a good match for me. Which shade do you wear in EDM?

Originally Posted by Thais Leila, it looks like you are doing all the right things. I will work on doing a mineral make up video tutorial soon as well.With regards to covering blemishes, I just use the foundation with a concelar brush after applying the foundation to my face. So I just put a bit more foundation with the concealer brush on top of the blemish and it disappears.
smile.gif

Question: Are you able to go to work using non-MAC foundations or are yuo bound to always have to use MAC products for work? Just curious.
smile.gif

YAY! That is what I did to cover a couple redder spots on my face, so I think I am doing well with the foundation so far. And we do have to wear MAC to work, but it is almost more of a don't ask don't tell policy, and if you don't tell I won't! I wear everything MAC always, and I am going to wear EDM this week to work to see if it will help my skin calm down (it has been acting up lately!)
Too at least in the area of foundation, I think I am ok if I don't necessarily wear MAC foundation (even though I love it)... Since everyone's skin is different, I would recommend the foundation that would be good for THEM not necessarily the one that is good for ME you know?

I have a question though, has anyone used a brush other than a Kabuki for putting it on? Have you put the foundation on with a traditional foundation brush? How did it come out? I am curious...

Originally Posted by kerri I started getting the samples shipped to me the minute the ladies here started to report on how much they like it.....I like the original glow.....but today i used the new intensive formula with the natural blush.......so glad I had help discovering this product.......i have another new fave!! I am going to check out your FOTD now... Sweet! I am kind of curious about the Intensive formula now too, even though I don't like heavy coverage. I think I might have put too much of the Semi Matte on this morning (still need to get the hang of this) but the coverage was pretty decent and it didn't feel like I was wearing anything.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Sweet! I am kind of curious about the Intensive formula now too, even though I don't like heavy coverage. I think I might have put too much of the Semi Matte on this morning (still need to get the hang of this) but the coverage was pretty decent and it didn't feel like I was wearing anything. I have heard of people using the foundation brush but ive never done it before & dont know their techniques. Ive also heard people talk about using a flocked sponge. I use the Ultimate buffer brush & it works great. MMU is basically trial & error anything goes really as far as experimenting until you find your nitch.

Originally Posted by Min I have heard of people using the foundation brush but ive never done it before & dont know their techniques. Ive also heard people talk about using a flocked sponge. I use the Ultimate buffer brush & it works great. MMU is basically trial & error anything goes really as far as experimenting until you find your nitch. Thanks Malinda!!

OK I am NOT buying the natural glo one... It is WAY too shimmery I think. I will buy a matte and a semi matte and I think I am good...

Has anyone tried their brushes? I want to get the Starter Custom Kit, but I have to pick a brush...

Originally Posted by Glamour Girl I tried my EDM today too, but I have to say I wasn't that impressed. I got the matte but the coverage wasn't so great. I don't think I'm even going to bother with the "intensive" version.
frown.gif
The Intensive formula is supposed to have a fuller coverage.... I just ordered my first samples the other day, Matte and Intensive formulas, so we'll see which one I like!

Hey girls!! I just got my samples in today! I am very excited!! I got the intensive and orignial glo formula. I am kinda concerned about the original glo making me look too shiny, especially now that it is summer. But it will probably be better for winter when my skin gets pretty dry. Anyways, I will let you all know how I like the intensive formula. I know everyone is very curious about it!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MACGoddess My birthday was suprisingly fantastic Hersh! Thanks for asking, my MAC manager brought in fresh baked brownies for my birthday and they had all written on a birthday card for me, then some friends came over and we depotted e/s and had pizza since Rob wasn't able to come home. And today a friend and I went to the MAC Pro store in Orlando and had fun playing around!
I think I will try the Multi-tasking concealer, you are about the same shade as I, so I think it will be a good match for me. Which shade do you wear in EDM?

that's great to hear leila! it sounds like you had fun!
i actually got light, medium beige and medium beige summer. i swatched all three on my jawline and light worked best on me. maybe as this summer progresses and i get more tanned, i'll end up using medium beige.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess OK I am NOT buying the natural glo one... It is WAY too shimmery I think. I will buy a matte and a semi matte and I think I am good...
Has anyone tried their brushes? I want to get the Starter Custom Kit, but I have to pick a brush...

b/c i'm in love with edm at the moment, i ordered the starter kit too! but i didn't get to choose my brushes! i got two baby kabukis though! but i won't need it since i just bought the mac 182!

Well, I just really looked at the colors of foundations I received in my samples. I got Fairly light in the original glo formula and the intensive formula. Well, the colors look different. The intensive formula looks lighter, mayber because of the different formula. I haven't tried them on yet (waiting until tomorrow for work), so it may not even make a difference. Just wondering if anyone else noticed anything like this?
gruebel.gif

Originally Posted by Thais Well, what powder brushes do you have? Ah, good question, I use a set of Guerlain brushes that I got, the one I use for powder is comparable to mac's # 136 or 150.And I just bought 187 as well.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess OK I am NOT buying the natural glo one... It is WAY too shimmery I think. I will buy a matte and a semi matte and I think I am good... If you have the slightest bit oily skin id stick with the matte even the semi was a little to glowy for me. The matte isnt a flat matte so it still looks good even on my normal/dry skin.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess OK I am NOT buying the natural glo one... It is WAY too shimmery I think. I will buy a matte and a semi matte and I think I am good...

I dont have any of their brushes.
frown.gif
if you think you already have all the brushes you need, maybe you can pick the baby kabuki that you can take with you in your purse or something.
smile.gif

Ok, so I ordered:

Medium Beige Semi Matte

Medium Beige Summer Semi Matte

Daydream Blush

Spring Concealer

Everyday Concealer Brush (against my better judgement bc it looks just like the MAC 249 which I have, but oh well, I couldn't decide what to do!)

Originally Posted by BEgirliegirl Hey girls!! I just got my samples in today! I am very excited!! I got the intensive and orignial glo formula. I am kinda concerned about the original glo making me look too shiny, especially now that it is summer. But it will probably be better for winter when my skin gets pretty dry. Anyways, I will let you all know how I like the intensive formula. I know everyone is very curious about it!! Does it just look lighter in the jar or on your face? Bc it is meant to be a heavier coverage it might look lighter in the jar...

Originally Posted by bluebird26 I loved your FOTD Leila, so I ordered my samples today. SEe what you've done??? Hah! Nice try but they are FREE samples, you only paid a few bucks so I don't feel so bad!!

I haven't tried it on yet, waiting until I go out. The intensive just looks lighter in the jar. I was just curious if anyone else saw anything like this. I will try them tonight so we will see.

I hope my samples are in the mail waiting for me now. LOL. I have been using my BE Medium beige foundation since I ran out of EDM samples and itis just not the same thing...

Back