Just tried EDM and I think I like it...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah after reading all you guys had to say about EDM, i ordered samples a few weeks ago!! they came so fast i was amazed. i got fairly light in original glow, semimatte, and matte, plus concealer and anytime blush...the only ones i've tried so far are the original glow and blush, and i love them. i dont really think the foundation was too shiny, but idk im pretty young so i guess maybe it works well with my skin...i usually have a hard time matching foundation colors so i just didnt wear foundation before, but now i found one i love yay!!

Originally Posted by cuteblondie_57 yeah after reading all you guys had to say about EDM, i ordered samples a few weeks ago!! they came so fast i was amazed. i got fairly light in original glow, semimatte, and matte, plus concealer and anytime blush...the only ones i've tried so far are the original glow and blush, and i love them. i dont really think the foundation was too shiny, but idk im pretty young so i guess maybe it works well with my skin...i usually have a hard time matching foundation colors so i just didnt wear foundation before, but now i found one i love yay!! YAY, glad to hear that one more MuT'er converted to EDM.
smile.gif
LOL

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Hey hunnie, I would say for the settling thing, put on a little less of the minerals in one sweep. Layer it lightly and avoid those areas with the little lines.
As for the brush, I HIGHLY recommend the new MAC 182 Kabuki brush! It is VELVET soft and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all, I loved it so much I now have TWO!! Trust me, this is THE softest Kabuki I have ever come across...
rockwoot.gif
rockwoot.gif
rockwoot.gif

Lastly, you HAVE to use a very good mositurizer anytime you use foundation especially when it is a powder like this one. I would recommend MAC Studio Moisture Cream... It is super emollient but it doesn't feel greasy and it is non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic. Also it you are using the Apricot Scrub, IMMEDIATELY stop! It is actually worse for your face than you can imagine, the seeds that exfoliate in it are WAY too rough for your face and are sharp which can actually make tiny curs in your face where bacteria can hide and possibly cause acne... Try using a more gentle exfoliator like MAC Microfine Refinisher.

Thanks so much for your help! I will definately check into those products!!

Originally Posted by KimC2005 I am trying to decide what samples to order right now! Ahh, decisions decisions! What's your skin like Kim? If you are oily, DEF go for the matte formula, if you are normal then go for the Semi Matte or the Original Glo if you are dry-ish...
I love the Matte (it isn't super matte or drying) and the Semi Matte somewhat, I am a little too oily for it.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess What's your skin like Kim? If you are oily, DEF go for the matte formula, if you are normal then go for the Semi Matte or the Original Glo if you are dry-ish...
I love the Matte (it isn't super matte or drying) and the Semi Matte somewhat, I am a little too oily for it.

Hey Leila. My skin is semi-oily. I am not too oily first thing in the morning, but as the day goes on I can get pretty shiney! I went ahead and ordered 2 samples of the Fairly Light in the Matte and Fairly Light in Original Glo. I hope the color is right for me. I thought the fair would be way too light. I got the Original Glo because sometimes my skin can dry out especially during the winter. I also chose the everyday bronzer (Is that going to be too dark??) and the multi-tasking concealer. Then, I needed a kabuki brush so I ordered that. Will the kabuki brush work for putting on the foundation?? I am soo new at all this.

Originally Posted by KimC2005 Hey Leila. My skin is semi-oily. I am not too oily first thing in the morning, but as the day goes on I can get pretty shiney! I went ahead and ordered 2 samples of the Fairly Light in the Matte and Fairly Light in Original Glo. I hope the color is right for me. I thought the fair would be way too light. I got the Original Glo because sometimes my skin can dry out especially during the winter. I also chose the everyday bronzer (Is that going to be too dark??) and the multi-tasking concealer. Then, I needed a kabuki brush so I ordered that. Will the kabuki brush work for putting on the foundation?? I am soo new at all this. The foundation and concealer choices sound good. I use the Matte and I LOVE it a lot, I also put MAC Oil Control Lotion under it and I am still not super shiny and I didn't blot at all!
I think for the Winter the OG foundation will be better, I ordered some samples of it and I will probably use it in the winter too...

I have gotten 2 EDM brushes and was SADLY disappointed (although what do I expect when the brush is only $5??) I would honestly save and buy the MAC 182 brush instead. It is easily THE softest Kabuki I have ever felt, MUCH softer than BM etc. It does a fantastic job of applying the EDM, I have been using the brush since I got EDM.

Yeah. I just got it because it was cheap and I knew none of my brushes would really work all that well. I will definately have to get the MAC 182 brush next paycheck! The closest MAC to me is a counter in Dillards, so I will have to go check it out there. They don't usually carry everything though.

Originally Posted by KimC2005 Yeah. I just got it because it was cheap and I knew none of my brushes would really work all that well. I will definately have to get the MAC 182 brush next paycheck! The closest MAC to me is a counter in Dillards, so I will have to go check it out there. They don't usually carry everything though. Trust me, you will freak when you try it out!
rockwoot.gif

I can't wait to get my EDM samples and I can't wait to go to MAC later to snag my 182 brush! I hope they'll work beautifully together!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by periwinkle_sky I can't wait to get my EDM samples and I can't wait to go to MAC later to snag my 182 brush! I hope they'll work beautifully together!
biggrin.gif
The 182 is soooooooooooooooo soft....

Originally Posted by periwinkle_sky I can't wait to get my EDM samples and I can't wait to go to MAC later to snag my 182 brush! I hope they'll work beautifully together!
biggrin.gif
Trust me you will love it! I used it for my EDM samples and it is perfect!

I just got my EDM samples. The bronzer seems really dark! I will just have to use a little bit. And I don't like the kabuki brush at all! I figured I wouldn't though! I will post later tonight and let you know how I like it on and everything.

Originally Posted by KimC2005 I just got my EDM samples. The bronzer seems really dark! I will just have to use a little bit. And I don't like the kabuki brush at all! I figured I wouldn't though! I will post later tonight and let you know how I like it on and everything. can't wait to see how it looks on u ! i mix the bronzer w/my Girl's Day and it's the perfect blush. .. .but i can't use the bronzer alone .. waaay too dark!!

Which bronzer are you guys using? Bc I got the Sparkle Bronzer and it isn't dark at ALL...

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Which bronzer are you guys using? Bc I got the Sparkle Bronzer and it isn't dark at ALL... If it isn't dark on you, then it'll definitely not show up on me. Man...I guess I'll stick with my CARGO bronzer.

I agree that the 1 bronzer is very dark but there are 3 different ones & the soft is just that Ive never used the sparkle bronzer sounds nice though.

Originally Posted by mehrunissa If it isn't dark on you, then it'll definitely not show up on me. Man...I guess I'll stick with my CARGO bronzer. Have you tried MAC Matte Bronze Bronzer? That one is pretty dark and it should show up on your skin (which btw looks frikkin FLAWLESS in your avvie!)

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Have you tried MAC Matte Bronze Bronzer? That one is pretty dark and it should show up on your skin (which btw looks frikkin FLAWLESS in your avvie!) I'm checking out the MAC counter next week for sure, so I'll be sure to take a look at it. Thanks for the suggestion - I'm really liking my CARGO bronzer so far, but it has a bit of sparkle that I don't really want everyday, specially not in the mornings. And the flawless skin...yeah, that's all EDM, lol!

Back