Just tried EDM and I think I like it...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mehrunissa I'm checking out the MAC counter next week for sure, so I'll be sure to take a look at it. Thanks for the suggestion - I'm really liking my CARGO bronzer so far, but it has a bit of sparkle that I don't really want everyday, specially not in the mornings. And the flawless skin...yeah, that's all EDM, lol! Well as the name implies, MAC Matte Bronze is a matte bronzer, no shimmer at all. So it might be something worth looking into if it works for you.

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Well as the name implies, MAC Matte Bronze is a matte bronzer, no shimmer at all. So it might be something worth looking into if it works for you. Hmm, sounds nice.So I got my samples today,yay! I like it, it's nice, but... I need a better brush
s.gif
I'm afraid of wasting my samples with my brush, cuz really, it sucks! Problem is, I have no idea where I could find a kabuki that's a) not too expensive, B) sold here in Belgium, or online that ships to Belgium at a reasonable price. Too bad the EDM-brushes aren't good.

I like EDM, but I wouldn't say I am in love with it. I haven't tried any of the other colors except the light matte though so I don't want to be too quick to judge. It goes on great and looks really good for the most part of the day, but by the end of the day I'm shiny and oily. A good primer would possibly help some of that I guess. It does cover blemishes pretty well, but I don't think it conceals some of the redness. Maybe if my face cleared up a lot it would look better. I guess I will keep searching for that HG foundation. I would like to try MAC Studio Fix fluid. But I have no idea what my color is or anything.

My samples should be arriving soon - I'm so excited to try them!!

I was also curious, has anyone tried there lip products, and if so, how are they? Apparently you apply the mineral color to your lips and top it off with a clear gloss?

kopfkratz.gif
Last few weeks i've been thinkin' about switching to a more healthy mineral make up, first i decided to order Bare Escentuals, but i quit because of that "bismuth" thing, then right after i read all your comments about EDM, i ordered some things, a kabuki brush and a starter kit (light, medium and medium beige semi-matte foundations, siesta blush and multi-tasking concealer)

I hope it will be fine on my skin, i make up everyday, i need a good brand, so i'm waiting now for my package, very excited...

marchmellow.gif
yess.gif
fly.gif

Originally Posted by lovelyarsenic My samples should be arriving soon - I'm so excited to try them!!
I was also curious, has anyone tried there lip products, and if so, how are they? Apparently you apply the mineral color to your lips and top it off with a clear gloss?

You can do this with any mineral MU, including your mineral e/s. You can either dab the powder on your lips then apply clear lipgloss on top, or dip your lipgloss wand into the powder then apply it on your lips.

I am so in love with EDM that I bought another pair: intensive foundation in Golden fair and the finishing dust. Then I ordered another free sample kit to go with it so I got 3 Light intensive samples, an Apple blush, and another finishing dust sample. I chose the Priority Mail delivery because I cannot wait to get this!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by periwinkle_sky I am so in love with EDM that I bought another pair: intensive foundation in Golden fair and the finishing dust. Then I ordered another free sample kit to go with it so I got 3 Light intensive samples, an Apple blush, and another finishing dust sample. I chose the Priority Mail delivery because I cannot wait to get this!
biggrin.gif
LOL welcome to the club. Don't u think it is better than BE?

Aww i want so much to buy it... But my cc (and mom) wouldn't be too happy about it :/

Originally Posted by Thais LOL welcome to the club. Don't u think it is better than BE? Much as I hate to admit it (because I really told everyone I was gonna use BE till the day I die), YES, it's better than BE in terms of finish and staying power, and the price too. Wow, triple whammy. I'm now eating my words...Too bad I just bought a whole big 9g pot of BE foundation and it is still sealed!

I am really liking EDM more and more everyday! I think I got the application technique down and it really looks flawless and has great staying power. I'm going to have to wait to order a kit, so hopefully my samples will last me!

Originally Posted by jloprincess2002 sorry to sound dumb but what is EDM? thanks jlop~ i have the same question!

Originally Posted by Judymomocoa thanks jlop~ i have the same question! EDM _ Everyday Minerals. Its a mineral foundation.

Originally Posted by Marisol EDM _ Everyday Minerals. Its a mineral foundation. i have no heard about other mineral makeup other than BE, this are the big things to explore~ ti cant wait to try out the sample~thanks gals

OKAY! This whole thread made me (yeah, that's right - twisted my arm.. *ahem*) order some samples. I can't wait til I recieve them. I even bought the MAC kabuki brush.

waiting... waiting.. and waiting.. Can't wait!

Ok, so I ordered:
Medium Beige Semi Matte

Medium Beige Summer Semi Matte

Daydream Blush

Spring Concealer

Everyday Concealer Brush (against my better judgement bc it looks just like the MAC 249 which I have, but oh well, I couldn't decide what to do!)

I was searching for opinions on EDM (before ordering samples), when I came across yours. I was set to order Med Bg, Med, & Med Bg Summer until I saw it's the one you chose.

I am a light complexioned black woman.(ie Alicia Keys, Rihanna,Beyonce?), and I don't think we would wear the same shade. My question 2 u is, are the color swatches much lighter than they appear? I would truly appreciate your opinon. Thanks!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess Ok, so I ordered:
Medium Beige Semi Matte

Medium Beige Summer Semi Matte

Daydream Blush

Spring Concealer

Everyday Concealer Brush (against my better judgement bc it looks just like the MAC 249 which I have, but oh well, I couldn't decide what to do!)

I was searching for opinions on EDM (before ordering samples), when I came across yours. I was set to order Med Bg, Med, & Med Bg Summer until I saw it's the one you chose.

I am a light complexioned black woman.(ie Alicia Keys, Rihanna,Beyonce?), and I don't think we would wear the same shade. My question 2 u is, are the color swatches much lighter than they appear? I would truly appreciate your opinon. Thanks!

I am afraid these colors will look too pale for you. I use medium beige; and have used medium beige summer before when I was self-tanning more. Why don't you try some of the deeper shades?

Originally Posted by dreamer I was searching for opinions on EDM (before ordering samples), when I came across yours. I was set to order Med Bg, Med, & Med Bg Summer until I saw it's the one you chose. I am a light complexioned black woman.(ie Alicia Keys, Rihanna,Beyonce?), and I don't think we would wear the same shade. My question 2 u is, are the color swatches much lighter than they appear? I would truly appreciate your opinon. Thanks!

I think that medium tan would work great on you. It's the next deeper color from medium beige summer, and i think that tan would be too dark.

Back