Just tried EDM and I think I like it...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea a tutuorial for the wet look would be great
biggrin.gif
:p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by beautynista /img/forum/go_quote.gif The wet look! We already have a tutorial on the regular look, it would be awesome to see a tut on the wet look from you!
Do you use the EDM kabuki brush? I'm not really liking their brushes. I prefer the BE kabuki. The EDM brush picks up too much and i find it hard to even it out by 'tapping' like i usually do with BE.

No, I dont have any of their brushes. I have a BE Kabuki, and MAC's 182, which is my favorite. I hear that EDM came out with premium brushes which are supposed to be better though.

I initially tried the Original Glo formulation and it was just too shiney. I rec'd the Semi-Matte formulation samples and liked them much better. I went ahead and ordered Fairly Light w/the Kabuki brush, and it goes on much better w/the right brush. I also ordered the blush Email Me, and it's not too dark on me like Apple was. I also ordered the Rare Silk eyeshadow - and it's the perfect color for my skintone. When I wear eyeliner, I don't like to wear a lot of shadow, and this color is great. So, I'm sold! I passed some of my samples onto my sister who is a Bare Escentials fan.

vabookworm, was it the Everyday Kabuki brush that you got, or the Premium White one? I'm wanting to order one of their kabuki's to see if I can get better results... I like the makeup, but I'm not getting the coverage that I need [right now I just have a random powder brush that I'm using].

Oh, and Susie, yes, you do get finishing dust in your starter kit. It just doesn't show up on the order page, but on the Starter Kit page, they list it along with all the other stuff you get-- I'm pretty sure they just throw it in there.

I bought the Everyday Kabuki brush for $9. When I used my regular brush, I felt like the makeup was too heavy on me. With the Kabuki, I seem to get a much more natural look. I'm still using my Mac blush brush for the blush.

When I first tried EDM I wasn't too impressed with it - then one day I decided to try experimenting around with it once again. I ended up mixing my moisturizer with my EDM foundation and voila!! I instantly fell in love with the end results. It's basically a tinted moisturizer now, but with better coverage imo. Yay for experiments
smile.gif

I'm presently mixing it in my moisturizer as well and gives me pretty good coverage!! I then even out the moisturized foundation with a foundation brush or those Cosmetic Sponges and it's giving me pretty good coverage!!!

How do you guys put on your EDM concealer? With an eye shadow brush? dry under the eyes? Then put on your EDM foundation? Just curious. I've never used a powder concealer before; I have been using Mac MoisturCover. The powder seems to define the lines under my eyes more.

Also, are the EDM blush brushes a different consistency than the Mac blush brush? My blush seems to go on too heavy with the Mac brush but I'm not sure if it's the brush or me!

Originally Posted by vabookworm /img/forum/go_quote.gif How do you guys put on your EDM concealer? With an eye shadow brush? dry under the eyes? Then put on your EDM foundation? Just curious. I've never used a powder concealer before; I have been using Mac MoisturCover. The powder seems to define the lines under my eyes more.
Also, are the EDM blush brushes a different consistency than the Mac blush brush? My blush seems to go on too heavy with the Mac brush but I'm not sure if it's the brush or me!

I dont use EDM's concealer but I have Bare Minerals Bisque. You apply it with a concealer brush, under your eyes and on blemishes/scars that you may wanna cover. To be honest, I just use the mineral foundation for this and it actually covers perffectly (you can go over the spots and under eye area with a concealer brush using the foundation).

For those who are mixing their minerals with moisturizer-- what moisturizer do you use, and how much of each are you using? I tried doing this with my face cream yesterday, but it turned out an icky streaky mess. I think my cream is too rich or something [it's a thick vitamin E cream]. I have a couple other moisturizers that are more lotion than cream, so I might try that instead...

Originally Posted by vabookworm /img/forum/go_quote.gif How do you guys put on your EDM concealer? With an eye shadow brush? dry under the eyes? Then put on your EDM foundation? Just curious. I've never used a powder concealer before; I have been using Mac MoisturCover. The powder seems to define the lines under my eyes more.

You could try mixing the concealor with a moisturizer... just a thought!

I received my EDM samples today, I must say I'm impressed. I ordered the matte formula and I'm mixing med/deep tan while using once and again blush. I am an NC45/C7-8 skintone.

Hi ladies - I'm new to Makeup Talk and have been using EDM for a few months now. I mix fairly light and golden fair in matte. Can anyone recommend a method of preventing the foundation getting cakey looking in concealed areas after a few hours?

Apparently, EDM's is bringing out soon more lighter shades with neutral undertones and makeup bags, primers, skincare etc. I'm so excited.

rotfl.gif

Originally Posted by zarine /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi ladies - I'm new to Makeup Talk and have been using EDM for a few months now. I mix fairly light and golden fair in matte. Can anyone recommend a method of preventing the foundation getting cakey looking in concealed areas after a few hours? Apparently, EDM's is bringing out soon more lighter shades with neutral undertones and makeup bags, primers, skincare etc. I'm so excited.

It sounds as if you are applying a little too much in those areas. Try a lighter hand and a little more buffing.
Your avatar is sick, I haven't seen that image of Jim Carey in a lonnnng time.

Prensently mixing my foundation with Carley's DayTime Lotion which can be purcahsed on Ebay. The lotion is fabulous as it absorbs fast and your skin feels good !!

i just got my starter kit and it shows wverywhere where its dry skin :S when i put it on and i tryed putting it on wet and with moistuizer both didnt work :S i just gave up after a while and felt really bad
frown.gif
i want a good way to make it work and not have to use so much of the product to do so,
frown.gif
sighhhhh atleast its right right color, but if i cant even apply it right then it doesnt even matter
frown.gif

marchmellow.gif
Finally i got my stuff a couple of days ago
yey.gif
They are so good, medium beige is perfectly matches with my skin and Siesta blush is awesome...

I also like the kabuki brush
kopfkratz.gif
i've never used a kabuki before, maybe that's the reason. Actually, i saw negative comments about their kabukis in the internet and MUT , but i'm not troubled with it for now
smileno.gif

The coverage is perfect and it looks so natural, i think i'm gonna use this brand forever
patches.gif

thank you girls for suggestions
g.gif

Originally Posted by ozi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
marchmellow.gif
Finally i got my stuff a couple of days ago
yey.gif
They are so good, medium beige is perfectly matches with my skin and Siesta blush is awesome...I also like the kabuki brush
kopfkratz.gif
i've never used a kabuki before, maybe that's the reason. Actually, i saw negative comments about their kabukis in the internet and MUT , but i'm not troubled with it for now
smileno.gif

The coverage is perfect and it looks so natural, i think i'm gonna use this brand forever
patches.gif

thank you girls for suggestions
g.gif

I ordered Siesta too, I can't wait to get mine! How long did it take to get them? I'm waiting more than 9 days

Originally Posted by Sophia /img/forum/go_quote.gif I ordered Siesta too, I can't wait to get mine! How long did it take to get them? I'm waiting more than 9 days I live in Turkey and it took 15 days to come... So, you're in Greece, so close to Turkey, i think you'll get them in these days. I'm sure you'll like the products too, komshi
tee.gif

Quote:
I also like the kabuki brush
kopfkratz.gif
i've never used a kabuki before, maybe that's the reason. Actually, i saw negative comments about their kabukis in the internet I love their new premium sable kabuki! It is so soft and really puts on the foundation well. It shed a bit but that's improving.

Back