Just tried EDM and I think I like it...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will try to make a pic tutorial.. Do you girls wanna see just a basic mineral foundation application or a full-face, neutral mineral look?

I too love the EDM. I got the Matte in Medium I think it was. I may want to try the intensive stuff, as I'm still battling scars. I loved how the Matte was with my extremely oily skin...yes I still had to blot....bot not nearly as much and it just looked much more natural and with more of a glow like look to it. I remember I barely had to use a concealor and it looked so much more natural than other foundations I've used.

If I ask for the intensive sample....are the shades the same?

Oh and Thais....I'd love to see either of your tuts! I think just the foundation part would be nice.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif I will try to make a pic tutorial.. Do you girls wanna see just a basic mineral foundation application or a full-face, neutral mineral look? Yay!! I would love a full face neutral mineral look!!!! Pleeeeeease!???

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif I will try to make a pic tutorial.. Do you girls wanna see just a basic mineral foundation application or a full-face, neutral mineral look? I'm gonna go with full-face neutral! Thanks, Thais!

I tried the samples and applied it wet :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i like it lots i used fairly light in intensive, but it seems a lil dark for me, makes me look tan but im really not lol so any ideas on what color i should use? i used to use neutrogena SkinClearing® oil-free makeup in classic porcelain (the lightest shade) i think fair in EDM might be too light but im not sure, i want to order the kit soon so i would appreciate any replys
biggrin.gif
and i heard intensve is always darker, so if i got matte, in fairly light do you think it will not be too dark for me? i do have a sample ill try it out tomorrow . Do any of you use intensive in a lighter color and like matte, semi matte in the normal color u usually use and all? I hope im making sense lol thanks for reading :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> reply back pleaseeeeee
biggrin.gif

and i have the apple blush that came with the samples and i love it, its so pretty
biggrin.gif
my mom went crazy when she saw it on my facelol she was like :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> u look like your glowing its so pretty! hehe I love my mom lol well byeee

I have to tell you that the new brush from Philosophy Supernatural Airbrush is TOTALLY AWESOME!! I bought mine @ Sephora. It's perfect for applying MMU. It's different from any brush I've ever used and it's shaped small enough to fit into the small tester/mini conatiners too. It's $25 which seems reasonable to me. Here's the info I got off Sephora.com:

What it is:

A multi-use nylon brush.

What it does:

Have you found it difficult to only use one cosmetic brush? Do you find that you have to use multiple brushes in your makeup routine in order to meet all your needs? Well, brush monogamy is back in style and Philosophy has the ideal brush for you. This versatile, supernatural brush imparts the flawless, airbrushed finish that you desire. This multi-use nylon brush can be used for all your makeup needs including for your Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas Powder, translucent powder, or even for your favorite liquid foundation.

To use: Use to apply or blend your loose powder, creamy concealers, or liquid foundation.

Susie, you might want to try Golden Fair as it is lighter than Fairly Light.

I really should try using my samples wet as well, I seem to be having a little trouble finding the right shade for me. I just ordered another sample kit and am hoping that Fair in matte will be a lot lighter than the intensive which seems to be too dark for me (I'm MAC NW20).

OH!! P.S. I just contacted Everyday Minerals via e-mail and asked if the colors actually do vary depending on the formula. I tried calling but it seems they are alwasy busy and never answer the phone. I'll keep you updated when I hear from them.

Would you like me to do a "regular" mineral neutral look, or a "wet" look according to eureka # 2 and 3? LOL

Thais, I would love to see you do a "wet" neutral mineral look. I've been trying to do the wet application thing, but all I've got to use is normal water, and I'm not sure I've quite got it down yet. I would really appreciate it and I'm sure it'd be helpful to lots of us
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Susie22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tried the samples and applied it wet :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i like it lots i used fairly light in intensive, but it seems a lil dark for me, makes me look tan but im really not lol so any ideas on what color i should use? i used to use neutrogena SkinClearing® oil-free makeup in classic porcelain (the lightest shade) i think fair in EDM might be too light but im not sure, i want to order the kit soon so i would appreciate any replys
biggrin.gif
and i heard intensve is always darker, so if i got matte, in fairly light do you think it will not be too dark for me? i do have a sample ill try it out tomorrow . Do any of you use intensive in a lighter color and like matte, semi matte in the normal color u usually use and all? I hope im making sense lol thanks for reading :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> reply back pleaseeeeee
biggrin.gif
I would order Fair, and if it is too light, you can mix Fair and Fairly Light to get the right color. Fair is the lightest shade with pink undertones, Fairly Light is the second-lightest shade with pink undertones, and Golden Fair is the lightest shade with yellow undertones. So if you're sure you've got pink undertones, stick with the Fair and Fairly Light shades
smile.gif

I have Intensive and Matte in Fair, and at first I thought they looked the same color but now I'm thinking Intensive might be a tad darker than the Matte. (I also thought it matched my skin at first, but now I'm not so sure, it seems just a bit too dark now.
frown.gif
) One thing I definitely noticed is that the Matte formula turns orange a lot faster as it absorbs the oil from my oily skin
frown.gif
I might start looking into other brands after all...

Originally Posted by Susie22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tried the samples and applied it wet :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i like it lots i used fairly light in intensive, but it seems a lil dark for me, makes me look tan but im really not lol so any ideas on what color i should use? i used to use neutrogena SkinClearing® oil-free makeup in classic porcelain (the lightest shade) i think fair in EDM might be too light but im not sure, i want to order the kit soon so i would appreciate any replys
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

and i have the apple blush that came with the samples and i love it, its so pretty
biggrin.gif
my mom went crazy when she saw it on my facelol she was like :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> u look like your glowing its so pretty! hehe I love my mom lol well byeee

fairly light was a little to dark for me too, and golden fair is a shade lighter than fairly light , this is the shade i use and love and if it seems to light just mix a little with fairly light
smile.gif

ok i know im going to get golden fair but im not too sure about the second one, i dont think i have pink undertones but how do i know for sure? if i dont, then should i get fairly light with golden light ? or golden light wiht light or should i just get 2 golden lights? lol ahh im not sure! i wanna order this tomorrow .. please helppp

Originally Posted by Susie22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif ok i know im going to get golden fair but im not too sure about the second one, i dont think i have pink undertones but how do i know for sure? if i dont, then should i get fair or fairly light with golden light ? or should i just get 2 golden lights? lolahh im not sure! i wanna order this tomorrow .. please helppp i would get golden fair in semi-matte and fairly light in semi matte so that way if the golden fair is to light you could mix a little bit of fairly light to it, i use golden fair and i am nc20 in mac foundations ( hope that helps) and its better to have it to light than to dark so you can mix or just use a little bit of bronzer to look alittle darker i do that too because if i get a tan the bronzer evens it out , are you getting the samples? because you get to pick 3 different shades i think and if your just ordering the other kits ask them for a sample of the next shade, they will give it to you for free, they are good like that

i got all of the samples in fairly light :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> in matte, semi and intensive, i need coverage so i think ill get the starter kit foundations in intensive :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i think i may do golden andd fairly light, what do you think? i dont use mac so i dont knwo waht nc 20 is, but i use neutrogena, the lightest shade and powder in light..

Susie, if you know you're very fair, but you're not sure what undertones you have, I'd probably go for golden fair, and fair. That way, if the golden fair turns out too yellow for you, or the fair is too pink, you can mix them to make a more neutral shade. I got samples of fairly light in semi-matte and intensive, and they are definitely way too dark for me [my skin is very fair as well].

do you think it would be too dark for me if i got golden fair, and fairly light? ill used more golden fair and just a little fairly light or would that still be too dark? winters coming and that means my skin will get more pale righT? chosing shades are so confusing :S i jsut dont want it to be too light if i used fair and golden fair, but i am pretty pale, cause i use the lighest shade from neutrogena and all..

Aww, yeah I know what you mean about shades being confusing. Haha. I've been having a hell of a time trying to figure out what undertones I have in my skin... and I've pretty much resigned myself to being neutral, because I can't decide between cool or warm!

But anyway, to answer your question, If you just used a little bit of fairly light, it probably wouldn't turn out too dark. Of course, I don't know your exact skin tone, so I can't tell you for sure. Personally, I'd recommend fair and golden fair in Intensive, if you are as pale as you say you are. I'm usually the lightest or second lightest in all foundations I've tried, so I'm giving you suggestions assuming that your colouring is similar to mine. All I know for sure is that fairly light is too dark for me. And yes, your skin will probably get more pale in the winter. Since summer is pretty much over, I'd probably go with the lighter shades-- you'll probably be more pale in the winter. Hope this helps!

thanks that really helped
biggrin.gif
I ordered golden fair and fair :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> in the starter kit it says u get a finish dust, do you really? because if didnt show it wwhen i ordedred and it said everything i was getting, it didnt say a finishing dust too.. hm :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> o well im excited cant wait to get it
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Would you like me to do a "regular" mineral neutral look, or a "wet" look according to eureka # 2 and 3? LOL The wet look! We already have a tutorial on the regular look, it would be awesome to see a tut on the wet look from you!

Do you use the EDM kabuki brush? I'm not really liking their brushes. I prefer the BE kabuki. The EDM brush picks up too much and i find it hard to even it out by 'tapping' like i usually do with BE.

Back