Keep it going! The Penpal Thread!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by lorizav /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@babs28 letter went out today and @cobainrls should go out tomorrow. Sorry for delay but was in hospital 3 times in 5 days. Not good.
frown.gif

Oh no! I hope you are feeling better!!!  Definitely not good. Hugs!!! 

Thanks to my penpals, for the encouragement. @babs28 your letter made it out @ cobainrls you may get something written on "hospital stationery" lol. And @yousoldtheworld, you are not a bad penpal, take care of your family and all first :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Hugs to all who need them

oh no :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> <3 Get well soon. I am keeping up my "world's worst penpal" title as I still haven't gotten envelopes to mail out my damned letters! Life, man. My nephew (1 year old) just had major surgery (leg amputation, below the knee, he was born without a fibula bone) my sister, nephews, and niece are in town from out of state, my hours keep changing, I've been sick, AND I GIVE UP.  I owe you all something super awesome. <3
That's terrible! I'm definitely thinking of you and your family. Give yourself a little break... We know you'll write when you can. *hug*

[@]cobainrls[/@] a big thank you for sending sample of pillow soft curls. I thought I had tried every curly hair product on the market but in fact the one I hadn't tried has become my favorite! I used birchbox points to buy a full size of it last night. I never would have known without you. Pen pals rock!!!

@utgal2004 I hate to say this but, I sent you the creme de le creme conditioner not the pillow soft curls.

I just bought myself a full size of the conditioner because I ran out of the little packets. I try and trade for them every chance I get. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also got some fancy toothpaste and a card. I used my points. It is going to suck the next couple of months. I am not going to have ANY subscription boxes. I am trying to figure out my debt and pay some of it off and save money. In a few months I will see where I stand.

Quote: Originally Posted by lorizav /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks to my penpals, for the encouragement. @babs28 your letter made it out @ cobainrls you may get something written on "hospital stationery" lol. And @yousoldtheworld, you are not a bad penpal, take care of your family and all first
biggrin.gif
. Hugs to all who need them
Lori!! Please get better! Don't over do it. I think you should take this time and rest and not worry about letters. You just need to worry about getting better.

@yousoldtheworld I agree with @lorizav take care of your family. We are all penpal friends here and understand. Family always comes first!

@tulosai did i send you a reply letter? i feel like i did last week but now i dont even remember.

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @tulosai did i send you a reply letter? i feel like i did last week but now i dont even remember.
yes ball is in my court :/ I am WAY behind- I know I said I'd have stuff out last Monday but I still have done nothing for any of my pals 
icon_redface.gif
 maybe tonight...

Quote: Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  yes ball is in my court :/ I am WAY behind- I know I said I'd have stuff out last Monday but I still have done nothing for any of my pals 
icon_redface.gif
 maybe tonight...
oh no worries. take your time. i know i owe @Sheeeeeelby one. i haven't been the most organized in terms of receiving cards so my "mail" pile is all jumbled up and i can't remember who i wrote to or not. haha

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  oh no worries. take your time. i know i owe @Sheeeeeelby one. i haven't been the most organized in terms of receiving cards so my "mail" pile is all jumbled up and i can't remember who i wrote to or not. haha

No worries :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have one to send out to @jocedun  and still need to write to @tulosai - I'm terrible I KNOW, so sorry!! 

I thought I would have all kinds of time this week because it's Spring Break.  No luck, I had to report for jury duty yesterday and now am not allowed to talk about what I'm doing the rest of the week.  
eusa_wall.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by LadyK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I thought I would have all kinds of time this week because it's Spring Break.  No luck, I had to report for jury duty yesterday and now am not allowed to talk about what I'm doing the rest of the week.  
eusa_wall.gif

I have to report Monday for jury duty and I hope that doesn't happen to me!

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  oh no :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> <3 Get well soon.

I am keeping up my "world's worst penpal" title as I still haven't gotten envelopes to mail out my damned letters! Life, man. My nephew (1 year old) just had major surgery (leg amputation, below the knee, he was born without a fibula bone) my sister, nephews, and niece are in town from out of state, my hours keep changing, I've been sick, AND I GIVE UP. 

I owe you all something super awesome. <3
I'm a worse pen pal. I just can't keep up with work, school, and home. BLAH! 

I think we all need to remember this is supposed to be fun. It is not mandatory for us to write back right away or within even a few weeks. Yes, it is nice to receive a letter in the mail from your penpal and it is nice to sit down and write but, once it becomes like a chore the fun isn't there anymore.

I totally feel that way... I like it when it's a bit of a surprise... but I also have stuff I WANT to talk to my penpal about and just no time to sit down and write.

Quote: Originally Posted by cobainrls /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think we all need to remember this is supposed to be fun. It is not mandatory for us to write back right away or within even a few weeks. Yes, it is nice to receive a letter in the mail from your penpal and it is nice to sit down and write but, once it becomes like a chore the fun isn't there anymore.
This is the sad part, I LOVE writing letters!  I would write way more if I had the time.  I mostly just want my penpals to know that I haven't forgotten them.  I agree that no one should feel bad if life gets in the way of writing.  I am happy to hear from everyone whenever they have the time.  

Quote: Originally Posted by cobainrls /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Absolutely agree!! All of my pen pals have been/are wonderful but I know we're all crazy-busy for different reasons! Please never feel pressure to write back immediately or even within a few weeks/months! Whenever you get the urge to write and you find the time, I'll still be here!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
(I'm like a parasite you can't get rid of me, buahaha)

@utgal2004 I hate to say this but, I sent you the creme de le creme conditioner not the pillow soft curls. I just bought myself a full size of the conditioner because I ran out of the little packets. I try and trade for them every chance I get. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also got some fancy toothpaste and a card. I used my points. It is going to suck the next couple of months. I am not going to have ANY subscription boxes. I am trying to figure out my debt and pay some of it off and save money. In a few months I will see where I stand.
Well that's embarrassing! And I have no idea where the pillow soft curls sample came from then. I did use the conditioner this morning and it's amazing. I heart miss Jessie's now!

Quote: Originally Posted by utgal2004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well that's embarrassing! And I have no idea where the pillow soft curls sample came from then. I did use the conditioner this morning and it's amazing. I heart miss Jessie's now!
Don't be embarrassed! If I would have known that would embarrass you I would not have said anything. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Enjoy discovering a new product and yay for a great product!

Back