Keep it going! The Penpal Thread!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by cobainrls /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think we all need to remember this is supposed to be fun. It is not mandatory for us to write back right away or within even a few weeks. Yes, it is nice to receive a letter in the mail from your penpal and it is nice to sit down and write but, once it becomes like a chore the fun isn't there anymore.

I know it's fun, but I really like writing letters and I always feel bad when I am behind on anything. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I thought I'd join in on all of the festivities.

::age range::

-I am 25

::location::

-Oklahoma, USA

::do you prefer an e-penpal, physical mail pal, or a combo?::

-Physical Mail Pal

::main interests::

-Makeup, Monster High, Toys In General, Video Games, Cuisine, Kawaii Things, EGL

::described as::

-Blunt, Goofy, Honest, Amusing, Passionate

::music::

-Muse, Pink Martini, Sneaky Sound System, John Williams, Howard Shore, Hans Zimmer, Bitter:Sweet, Feist, Daft Punk, Dragonette, Edith Piaf, Ellie Goulding, Goldfrapp, Matson Jones, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Santigold, Sia, Yelle

::movies::

-The Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception, Pacific Rim, Pineapple Express, The Heat, Miyazaki Films, Pixar Films, Friday, Harry Potter

::TV shows::

-The Office, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, River Monsters, Courage The Cowardly Dog, Batman Beyond, Parks & Recreation

::books/authours::

-I read mostly non-fiction on various topics (typically within the scientific realm). Oh. And Harry Potter.

::art/artists::

-I like and appreciate art, although I don't think I have any specific favorites.

::eek:ther random favorite people/things/places::

-I love cats.

::collect::

-Monster High Dolls, LaLaLoopsy Minis, Kawaii Sticker Sacks + Stationery

::specifically seeking::

-Someone with similar interests who can write often. I'm looking for an active pen pal.

::prefer long, medium or short letters?::

-I don't have a preference. But mine will be mostly medium. I also like to send post cards. If you would like a post card from me without the dedication of being my pen pal, please let me know. I have a TON of Pixar post cards and I will be picking up more post cards while in France.

::how many pen pals do you want?::

-It doesn't matter.

::would you participate in a "traveling journal"?::

-Yes I would!

::international or local penpals?::

-Everywhere!

::anything else?::

-If you collect anything similar to what I collect (like dolls and cute things), I might send you stuff every now and then after I get to know your tastes. If you don't collect similar stuff, I'll send random small things every now and then too.

I am the guaranteed the worlds worst penpal now.  I wrote letters to all four of my pals at Christmas and didn't send them. It's now completely out of date.  I have little packages for each of you - I hope you won't be offended if I send the original letter and an update?  

I am the guaranteed the worlds worst penpal now.  I wrote letters to all four of my pals at Christmas and didn't send them. It's now completely out of date.  I have little packages for each of you - I hope you won't be offended if I send the original letter and an update?  
That sounds so great!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Life gets crazy so don't feel bad!  

Okie dokie pals after a long long time, letters are WRITTEN! and on the way to the following people tomorrow:

@usofjessamerica  @Sheeeeeelby  @LadyK @utgal2004 @Ayryil @EevieK

I am working on letters to @jocedun and @MissJexie and will have those out by Saturday.  So sorry guys.

If anyone thinks I owe them one and they are not mentioned here PLEASE let me know either on this thread or through PM.  Life has been super crazy at work and though I've tried hard to keep track of this (and think I've done pretty well :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) it is possible I am missing someone and if so, again, PLEASE let me know.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that would be the best!

Okay so I have 4 letters going out tomorrow to Amber, Victoria, Lori, and Aoife. Michaela did you get your bday card? It seems like I have lost 2 penpals :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I haven't heard from them since January :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If you guys are reading this and still want to be penpals let me know. Also, I am not on MUT really anymore. If I do swaps it is in subscription addiction and I don't like the new version of this site. I have lost some of my messages. I don't receive alerts anymore when people post. @Ayryil@yousoldtheworld

Hey ladies! Sorry for being MIA, I was finishing up my finals and didn't have a chance to sneak on here. I'm so lost on this new layout! All of my previous stuff seems to have been wiped, but I'm trying to get used to it. I don't know how often I will be on here anymore. I do have letters going out to both of my penpals tomorrow. I hope you are all well!

Back