Kevyn Auccoin

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
1,357
Reaction score
1
I have always been curious about his products since he was such an amazing MA.

Does any of you use his products? And where can I find them? Only searched around in Europe, but never seen any stores that have them.

 
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
3,720
Reaction score
3
I've never tried them but I think some are available at Sephora. I've always been curious about them, myself.

 
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
161
Reaction score
0
Go to high end department stores. I am more than positive barneys carry his products.

 
Joined
Jul 1, 2004
Messages
3,867
Reaction score
3
I use and really like the SSE foundation, I use it as a concealer though. I've also got one of the lipsticks, it's really nice, but imo not really worth the $$$, you can get cheaper ones that are just as nice.

 
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
20,217
Reaction score
35
Have his book but never tried his makeup... or ever seen it for sale anywhere....

 
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
279
Reaction score
0
I know it used to be availables on Victoria's Secret site, but I am not sure if it still is. You can also check beauty.com.

I want to try the liquid cyber lipgloss, but the price tag!

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
i used to use his sensual skin enhancer as a concealer til i found mineral makeup. now, i don't reach for it anymore. i tried his lipsticks and they're SOOO creamy, but i wasn't crazy about any of the shades.

i bought it online from his website and also from soho in nyc.

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've never tried them but I think some are available at Sephora. I've always been curious about them, myself. sephora doesn't carry any of his stuff
 
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
6,480
Reaction score
2
there are a few really high end stores ive seen them at (i was in chicago when i finally saw the line).

but when i looked at them i wasnt too impressed.

 
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
1,640
Reaction score
0
His line is very advanced. I have heard great things about KA SSE, powder, lipglosses. He studies in Japan.

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by CuTeLiCiOuS /img/forum/go_quote.gif His line is very advanced. I have heard great things about KA SSE, powder, lipglosses. He studies in Japan. who studies in japan? if you're talking about kevyn, he passed away years ago.
 
Joined
Feb 22, 2006
Messages
22,700
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif i used to use his sensual skin enhancer as a concealer til i found mineral makeup. now, i don't reach for it anymore. i tried his lipsticks and they're SOOO creamy, but i wasn't crazy about any of the shades.
i bought it online from his website and also from soho in nyc.

sephora doesn't carry any of his stuff


I so still need to get this! KA SSE is on my wishlist! LOL!
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I so still need to get this! KA SSE is on my wishlist! LOL! Me too! I can never find out my shade though.... It is difficult to figure it our online.
 
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
3,720
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif sephora doesn't carry any of his stuff
Oh, thanks for clearing that up.
I knew I had seen it online somewhere but now that someone mentioned Victorias Secret I think I must have mistaken the two websites.
 
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by KittyM /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have always been curious about his products since he was such an amazing MA.Does any of you use his products? And where can I find them? Only searched around in Europe, but never seen any stores that have them.

You can purchase his products by vistinig: Kevynaucoin.com, also I thought I heard somewhere that his products were being sold in Saks or Neiman Marcus.
 
Joined
Oct 3, 2007
Messages
460
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Me too! I can never find out my shade though.... It is difficult to figure it our online. In regards to finding a color for the SSE:Call one of the Neiman's that carries the line. I did this. I gave them the color of foundation I use for Estee Lauder and they matched me up perfectly. I was reluctant but it worked out great. I use this as a concealer and I'll have to throw it away from it getting old before I can possibly use it all. It's a small container but the amount of a pin head is all you need for one blemish. I use it for that and the sides of my nose where i have those stubborn broken little veins. UGGGH. But this stuff is gold to me.

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Bellagigi /img/forum/go_quote.gif In regards to finding a color for the SSE:Call one of the Neiman's that carries the line. I did this. I gave them the color of foundation I use for Estee Lauder and they matched me up perfectly. I was reluctant but it worked out great. I use this as a concealer and I'll have to throw it away from it getting old before I can possibly use it all. It's a small container but the amount of a pin head is all you need for one blemish. I use it for that and the sides of my nose where i have those stubborn broken little veins. UGGGH. But this stuff is gold to me.

can you use it as a foundation too?
 
Joined
Oct 3, 2007
Messages
460
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif can you use it as a foundation too? I had a bad breakout once where my skin was just terrible. I used it as a foundation by "spot" applying it with my fingertips rather than trying to saturate my entire face. Keep in mind this stuff covers everything so the look it doesn't exactly let your own skin show through. What's nice is the coverage can be controlled and it can go on light. But if you put it on too thick it can end up being a bit theatrical.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
22,240
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Me too! I can never find out my shade though.... It is difficult to figure it our online. use this guide...
try this chart. credit goes to azn_babay_kat on MUA.

SX1 -- Lighter than PPP, lighter than MAC NC15, neutral undertones

SX2 -- PPP with rosy undertones, MAC NW15

SX3 -- PPP with yellow undertones, MAC NC15

SX4 -- LLL, strong yellow undertones, MAC C2

SX5 -- LLL, neutral with slight yellow undertones, MAC NC20/NW20

SX6 -- LLL/FFF, neutral-yellow undertones, MAC NC25/30

SX7 -- FFF, neutral but with more yellow undertones, MAC C3

SX8 -- MMM, strong yellow undertones, MAC NC30/35/C4 (*note: C4 is lighter than NC35 but more yellow)

SX9 -- MMM, rosy undertones, MAC NW35/40

SX10 -- MMM, neutral-yellow undertones, MAC NC30/35

SX11 -- GGG, yellow undertones, MAC NC40/43

SX12 -- GGG/DDD, yellow undertones, MAC NC43/45

SX13 -- neutral undertones, MAC NC50, N4 (C6 could work too, but might not be yellow enough)

SX14 -- strong red undertones, MAC NW50

SX15 -- rosy brown undertones, what W7 would look like, think C7 depth but with pink undertones.

SX16 -- golden brown undertones, MAC C8-N9.

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh, thanks for clearing that up.
I knew I had seen it online somewhere but now that someone mentioned Victorias Secret I think I must have mistaken the two websites. victoria's secret DID carry it, but they had like, 3 shades and they weren't even the right shade names.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif can you use it as a foundation too? like she said above, yeah, but you need to mix it with moisturizer. it's very tricky, so i only used it as a concealer.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif use this guide...
try this chart. credit goes to azn_babay_kat on MUA.

SX1 -- Lighter than PPP, lighter than MAC NC15, neutral undertones

SX2 -- PPP with rosy undertones, MAC NW15

SX3 -- PPP with yellow undertones, MAC NC15

SX4 -- LLL, strong yellow undertones, MAC C2

SX5 -- LLL, neutral with slight yellow undertones, MAC NC20/NW20

SX6 -- LLL/FFF, neutral-yellow undertones, MAC NC25/30

SX7 -- FFF, neutral but with more yellow undertones, MAC C3

SX8 -- MMM, strong yellow undertones, MAC NC30/35/C4 (*note: C4 is lighter than NC35 but more yellow)

SX9 -- MMM, rosy undertones, MAC NW35/40

SX10 -- MMM, neutral-yellow undertones, MAC NC30/35

SX11 -- GGG, yellow undertones, MAC NC40/43

SX12 -- GGG/DDD, yellow undertones, MAC NC43/45

SX13 -- neutral undertones, MAC NC50, N4 (C6 could work too, but might not be yellow enough)

SX14 -- strong red undertones, MAC NW50

SX15 -- rosy brown undertones, what W7 would look like, think C7 depth but with pink undertones.

SX16 -- golden brown undertones, MAC C8-N9.

victoria's secret DID carry it, but they had like, 3 shades and they weren't even the right shade names.

like she said above, yeah, but you need to mix it with moisturizer. it's very tricky, so i only used it as a concealer.

thanks!!! So I guess I would be either S8 or S10.... Hmmmm....
 
Top