Knock-Off Purses

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not true all the time, a flea market i go to has LV's that do not turn patina and for more money have the mirror image bags that do turn. I chose to order my LV from a guy in China and the quality is amazing. My straps do change color just like my authentic LV's.

I cannot believe that a replica of the bags I carry could be hanging out in a flea market. Are any styles/brands safe?

My mom sometimes jokes saying that probably the people who do the fake bags are the same that produces the real ones , because it isn't possible for the companies earn so much money with so little pieces.

I don't like them. Every time I buy a new purse, I'm always asked if it's real from kids at my school, and it drives me crazy. This wouldn't happen if there weren't so many people buying fakes. I don't have a problem with bags that look like a designer bag style, but don't say that they're that designer. For example, you can go buy a bag that LOOKS like a Guess bag for about $20 at a mall, but they don't say Guess anywhere on them. I'm perfectly fine with look-alikes, but not with fakes.

I don't like buying fakes simply to help support those who get ripped off unknowingly!

I foolishly bought an excellent fake coach bag a few years ago at Christmas, and I cried in despair when I realized my blunder, then I went with my father to the kiosk to make the little jerk take it back and he did, then I informed security and had his kiosk removed. It was a terrible experience and now I will only buy the bags from a registered dealer, and would be ashamed to knowingly buy a fake and support these scum bags!! 

I don't really care what OTHER people carry - though it's always nice to be out and about, and find another person also with an authentic bag from the same house, and find you're both huge fans or something. I'm a bit of a handbag whore, so the idea of purchasing a fake doesn't interest me. I do notice blatant fakes, but it's not something I sit there and stew about like some fellow bag aficiandos on other forums. I do think it's a little lame, but again, I don't put a whole lot of though into it. I understand their being annoyed, but fakes don't bother me enough to cry over spilled milk and want to write to my MPP. Personally, if I didn't have the money for a bag I wanted (and thus far, I haven't been able to justify saving up for a Bal Envelope Clutch with RGGH!), I'd rather go to H&M or Zara and just get a perfectly nice leather bag without the designer label or design history than buy a fake. Finding a decent fake in person, and the way customs is, it seems too sketch to order off of those replica sites. Likewise, it's pretty amazing what you can find in Winners/TJ Maxx/Marshall's if you're willing to search - clearance Helmut Lang clothes, and Coach and other contemporary line bags. Anyways, I personally wouldn't carry a fake. Furthermore, the argument that these 'authentic bags go to the back of the closet?' What?! I still carry my Chanel pochette at special occasions, from nearly 7 years ago! It's lasted a lot longer than any disposable clothing I've bought...

Replica things are common, I usually won't buy brand thing, the original are too expensive for me 

Back