Knock-Off Purses

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap I am too tired to say it myself.:icon_bigg If we went over all the "illegal" things in this world I don't think we'd have much left. Knockoff bags can't hurt us. The designer companies are still making a fortune no matter what cause the people who buy the fakes or most of them can't afford a real bag anyway. While visiting my mom and sister last night, my sister who can afford a real LV almost daily said she wanted to go to this flea market with me to get 15 of her clients gifts for the holidays. She did it last year and spent over $700 on all kinds of knock offs plus 10 sets or so of Tiffany jewelry. The people who received them were thrilled! With all that said in the past 3-4 days alone I cp'd over 10 wallets,6 LV bags, 7 coach,gucci and chanel scarfs. I made not one dime. I love to make people happy and can't and won't profit from anyone. I share the "wealth". I feel I'm doing nothing wrong whatsoever. We all have our own opinions and that is what makes us all unique. Sooooo....Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_smil :icon_smil :icon_smil :icon_smil :icon_smil

There are some decent prices on that site and some over priced ones. They have the leather Chloe Paddington for over $250 and mine looks just like it and I paid $150.

i use to be in the dark about fashion and stuff(still am about some things)i didn't even know what a lv purse was til i started working for merle norman. we sold knock off purses you wouldn't know unless you knew what the real ones looked like.so i think its ok. the real ones are much more expensive. the fake ones are expensive enough.but i heard from a lot of people that you can't really sell a fake one without a license. (though some people do , or maybe its the real ones) that's probable it.

No and no and I'll say NO.

IMO they are the epitome of tacky. People can tell and to me carrying a fake speaks volumes about a persons style. It kills it and cheapens the entire look.

I say let the person wear whatever. If you're looking at another person and gasping that they're carrying around a knock-off/fake bag... then you ought to get a life and not worry about another person's preference. That's rude of me but it's the truth... who cares if they wear it, in all honesty? And some of them, side by side comparison, wouldn't know the difference between the authentic and fake one.

Some sites do sell pretty pricey knock-off but you're paying for a good quality knock-off, so it's not really "tacky" because it's still leather or whatever the material is made out of. My co-worker sells bags on the side too. I never bought them off her because I didn't like the styles but they were still pretty good.

I went to Forever 21 and bought my mom a replica of the Fendhi Spider bag there. I think it looks great. I do have issues when someone says it's authentic when it's actually a fake and that happens a lot on Ebay, other than that whatever. I think Rosie said it best in a recent post about purchasing fakes... if you know it is and willing to pay for it then fine.

Phew. Long post, but I had to back up Phillygirl.

Just a reminder of what started this thread. The above is what was posted which was asking what we thought. That is why I gave my opinion.

"What does everyone think" leaves the whole subject open. Or are we all supposed to agree with each other? I actually did not read the other responses prior to my own post so I was not attacking anyone that would be in need of a backup.

I speak for myself when I say I do not stand and gawk at someone with a fake bag (what is there to gawk at?) and I absolutely have a life. I am very passionate about fashion and style. Does that make me Tim and Veronica? No. But if asked I will give an opinion.

If someone wants to carry around a fake bag that is their business.

I am not a rich b.... so I am not looking down my nose at anyone. For me it is a matter of principle. There's a Valentino bag that I would love to own right now. If one showed up on my doorstep today with a certificate of authenticity and exact lining but was a fake I would not carry it. I would not care if it matched perfectly side by side with a real Valentino.

I would know.

And that's all that would matter to me.

By stating this I am opening myself up to a million flames but the plain truth is this. A fake is fraud no matter how you sweeten it to make it acceptable. It's a handbag sporting a stolen logo and most likely was obtained through terrible labor practices and unfair wages in sweat shops. Would you pull the medallion off of the grill of a Maybach and place it on a cheaper car? It's the same thing only the other car at least would have been produced without breaking any laws.

And you can't take a post personal, so no one was "attacking" anyone and my post was general response to the older posts not your own, and my own opinion. As was yours, which is a valid opinion - but if people know if it's fake and know what goes into it and they still buy it, that's on them. Period.

There's forever a knock-off of anything, even food... but yeah meh, moving on.

i have a knock off gucci, i love the idea of an everyday person able to afford to look stylish...why not?

I am anti-fake!

I own quite a few high-end purses and my wardrobe is 90% high-end designer.

To me it's so fake to sport a fake bag and then act as if you're high fashion. If you can't afford it then there are other bags that are cheaper and unique.

It's like pretending to be this fashionista when you're not. Not everyone is meant to wear couture; if you can't afford it there's always Forever 21 etc.

Fashion is something you have to keep up with---if you can't keep up with 5th ave lifestyle then maybe it's not the style for you. You can look nice in a $20 outfit.

Plus fakes are ILLEGAL many of the people who make these bags are under poor working conditions and they most likely fund illegal purposes too.

btw: they are sales in dept. stores

i mostly don't buy stuff retail honestly

but i wait till sale season sometimes and get bargains from eluxury, bluefly etc.

so you can get REAL designer items for a discount you just have to look...getting fakes is no excuse

I'm all for knockoffs. lol. IMO, spending $500+ for a purse is a waste. Whether you can afford it or not.

I agree! Plus some us of buy knock offs for the style, not just to sport an LV logo. I can't afford a real Chloe or Balenciaga bag, but I would def sport a fake because I think these bags are beautiful. In fact I have an adorable Chloe fake that I bought from a purse party. It doesn't make us low class to wear fakes.

Haha, yeah - that's why I steer clear from paying that much, ever. I think about all the other crap I can buy with it. Like a $800 juicy couture bag I've been wanting to get for ages... I can clearly buy hella clothes and makeup and a freakin' trip with all that money. I'd have major buyers remorse. Oomph.

But I'm juiced some designers made their bags affordable. Like Betsey Johnson! I'm so buying one from her...

I feel like if you find a really good knock off then go for it. But if I see a knockoff that I can totally tell is fake It kind of annoys me. I have a fake chanel and its really nice you cant tell its fake unless you really feel it. and look at the lining on the inside.

Buying a fake bag that looks real is more worth it then buying the real thing if they look almost identical.

But i do buy reals and I do buy fakes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am old and have bought my fair share of real and fake bags. I bore very quickly and can not justify paying over $1000 for a bag i will give away in a few months cause i am bored of it. I have some bags i get from china that you can't tell the difference, they are amazing! I have bags from the flea market you can tell the difference if you know what to look for. As for the betsey johnson bags i just saw 2 at marshalls for 29.99 that were adorable! here are some cheap fakes i just picked up for friends.

Happy New Years Everyone!

I hope this works.

I love Marshalls! I just got a really cute Betsey Johnson makeup bag there!

Phillygirl-What part of Philly are you from??

i don't agree with the idea of knock-off's, personally. there's a purse out there for everyone's budget. imo, fakes are kinda making a mockery of the actual designer and taking away from his/her work. if you're buying a purse for $150.. the quality of the purse is going to be worth $150.. only difference is they're stamping a name or monogram onto the purse. in essence, that makes it all about a name.. a brand.. that's not even real so, what's the point?

NE Philly

I have been buying my bags from a guy in China layely plus some cheapies at flea markets but I got a Gucci from this guy in China for about $150 with 5 day shipping, my post office worker had the same bag and I loved it so i took a chance, we compared them side by side and they were 99.9% IDENTICAL! The stitching, lining ,hardware everything except hers was maybe a tad bit browner, she paid $1800 plus tax. The leather was soft as butter like hers. I do not feel bad paying $1700 less at all.:reddance:

Latest posts

Back