Knock-Off Purses

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love thrift shops! A few friends have found really nice bags but I never have just a beautiful lamp for $20 that stands on the floor. I keep going to this one particular store to look for old costume jewelry. I love a good find. Enjoy your bag.:icon_bigg I'm up early again to go to the flea market. I found a beautiful Chanel wrap yesterday for $10. It was so cold out there I did not stay long.

I feel EXACTLY the same way! I'm so glad I didn't have to type all of that. :icon_chee

I don't feel awkward at all and never lie if asked about my bags. If fake I say it is fake.

Hey Phillygirl, did ya find any good deals today? I have been watching football and doing laundry. That alma bag I posted about looks kinda like a Jane Yoo (its not of course because its not leather) but its close. I think I might just use this one for a while. lol

I found a really cute Gucci K/O that you wear across your body but I may use it as a gift. I found a tiny (very tiny) speedy that someone wanted for $25. It has the upside down LV's on the other side like the real LV bag.I also found a small speedy with the cherries and a lock for $25 (upside down LV's too) for another friend. I bought 5 full size wallets and they even come in a box. These are gifts for sister in laws and aunts since I have all sons. My sister has a real LV wallet that cost her about $300,it is all ripped up 3-4 yrs later, mine was $20 and looks the same and if it rips who cares. I had a nice weekend. Next week I plan on getting a Fendi Spy Bag. (I think):icon_smil

I found this! I love it. hahaha

Trend Alert: Mind What You Wear

There once was a time when you wouldn’t dare admit to carrying (gasp!) a fake handbag. But not only is owning a faux bag no longer a faux pas, it’s become chic! Enter Mind What You Wear, a Dutch design boutique that sells a line of popular imitation bags. Friends would never guess that the Louis Vuitton Murakami Multicolore isn’t the real deal, well, if it weren’t for the word “FAKE” painted in huge letters across the purse. Thrive in your thriftiness and flaunt your frugality! At EU50 (US$60), each fabulous fake is easy on the wallet that you’ll be carrying in it. Find them at: mindwhatyouwear.com/bags

A faux Louis Vuitton bag

fake4.jpg

That is so funny!:icon_lol: I can't tell how you buy them. I sent that link to many people.

You're right. I can't see how you buy them either. I do see that there is an email link. Might be what you have to do.

I love it because it is so in your face. lol!

With the FAKE written across it? Which magazines? i moved so i'm not getting any but Lucky so far.

Oh, it was on their website. If you follow the link and click on home then roll your curser over the bottom right tshirt it says publish me. Click on that and it pulls up a bunch of magazines that have written about the purse or the site. You can click on those pictures and see the write up. It looks like many of them are foreign magazines.

Did you check out the panties? They are pretty good too!

I like that I should paint fake on my fake LV, I really thought about painting lemons on it when the cherry ones first came out and I am still tossing it around in my mind. lol this LV is so fake it looks fake.

I wouldn't buy a knock-off for reasons that it's more likely the bag was made using unfair labor practices. I can't completely avoid sweatshop products when I go to the store, but if it seems too cheap to be true and sold by sidewalk vendors, it's probably done with questionable labor. :icon_redf

If we did not buy things made by unfair labor practices it would eliminate many things. As for the post before that I picked up a lv bag with the cherries for a friend who never showed up. I paid $25 for it and it has no seam so the lv's are upside down on the oher side and it has a lock and shoulder strap. It is a bit smaller than the 25 speedy. I got 4 of these bags for other people so far. I think it is adorable. I may have posted this before but i forget. If anyone would like any of these bags or wallets I can get them on weekends, I do not make any profit on them as I just enjoy making people happy.

I think fakes are wrong. It's basically stealing- just like downloading pirate music, basically the original designer is being ripped off. That's why I won't go into places like Nine West - they profit from knocking off others designs too....it's all wrong.

Why get it, if it's not real anyway...that's like cheating on an exam.yuk

To each his/her own, but I still believe a "knockoff" is a copy not a fake. And I could care less either way. I have and will continue to use fakes and knockoffs. If I am going to advertise for a company I want to do it as cheaply and badly as I can, unless they are paying me.

Look....To all the fake haters. Fake Purses market well towrds the public!!!! For those who cannot afford or simply won't waste absurd amounts of money on accesories, fake purses are beneficial!!

Back